Status
Not open for further replies.
One tile citadel canals on resources do NOT work and ships cannot pass through them.
I'll post a screenshot later.
Spoiler Ships cannot move through a citadel :

CivilizationV_DX11 2021-02-04 18-17-28-961.jpg

Spoiler Can pass through a fort :

CivilizationV_DX11 2021-02-04 18-17-26-752.jpg

I think an 80- or 100-turn Sanction is quite punitive already - what about the rest of my fellow gamers?

I wouldn't want all WC proposals to drop automatically but I could see a case for a sanction. Honestly even 50 turns is practically forever on standard speed, and of course later in the game the removal of their corps is the biggest penalty.

I will say that especially on Immortal and higher, you really can't ignore the WC and CS in general. Doesn't mean you have to go after them like a crazy person, but you want to make sure you are securing Great Diplomats early for some embassies (those votes are critical), and try to get allies/sphere with a least a few CS. If you don't at least have the votes to select agendas you are really at the mercy of the AIs, as they can just keep pounding you with bad agendas (and if your sanctioned are more likely to do that).

France Domination on turn 317. Standard / Continents / King / 3&4UC
Spoiler :
Screenshot (423).png
Screenshot (425).png
I started by killing Spain right before she got her first Settler out (garrison bug screwed her over, but she was going down regardless), then moved up my western coast to conquer Denmark with a Celtic joint-war. The Dutch eventually joined in, doing most of the work against the Danish capital, but I was able to swoop in and take it for myself -- someone else mentioned this already, but it's definitely gamey to take advantage of friendly AI leaving openings in their siege allowing the human to essentially 'steal' a vulnerable city; maybe there should be some kind of negative diplo modifier for situations where humans choose to do this. Harald wanted early peace but I denied, and then offered capitulation once he was on the brink, yet he chose to be eradicated. Probably fitting for his prideful personality?

I always had the Celts as priority, but their terrain and tech lead (also had Great Wall + Himeji) kept me friendly through the first half. After a slight cool down from the Danish conquest, she gave in to Dutch beef after becoming WC host, and I was pulled in through a DP. I'm assuming the logic was valid because she controlled multiple surrounding CS, was up on me by a few techs, and I buffered her from the Dutch so she was only really fighting one front meaning it was her best opportunity to seize control of the game had she defeated me. With Musketeers online and her playing tall with only 4 cities, it wasn't too long before I wiped her out. Casus Belli was online throughout the game after the first vote, and I was already into the Imperialism tree so I wasn't about to get cute. After securing her wonderful capital, the game was essentially over, but it was just a matter of seeing how fast it would come. As I'm doing my thing, Rome had already vassalized Carthage, and then took her right out after the Casus Belli vote. He had a slight advantage in military power and was on another continent, and along with the strong Dutch navy, they presented themselves as my biggest obstacle.

Then the game took an awesome turn: William offers to become my vassal! He also warned me of an Assyrian naval attack to my city of Randers, except Randers is probably the last city he'd have any chance of getting a sniff of, so that might be a bug? Ol' Willy fixes the impending issue though, by simply trading for Randers (Idk what kind of strategic significance this had for him tbh, but I accepted the deal because it was inconsequential land in return for big GPT to aid my upcoming war).
Spoiler :
Screenshot (413).png
Screenshot (414).png
Screenshot (416).png
Coincidentally the timing was perfect after accumulating ridiculous amounts of culture through conquering+UA, that I leapfrogged into Autocracy and immediately grabbed the "Iron Fist" tenet. With the Dutch navy now on my side, this allowed me to completely ignore my western borders and focus on an isolated Assyria. Once I was about to strike, Ashur offers to instead joint-war the Romans. Perfect! The Assyrians, Dutch and I begin the assault, and he crumbled to my highly leveled + advanced units once I revived Dido and established a foothold. With a few cities already lost, he offered capitulation to preserve Rome as I surrounded his capital. All that was left was Ashur, but I would at least give him the chance to kneel for his new master considering we'd had longstanding friendship. I surrounded his continent and waited for our DP to conclude before presenting the offer to surrender. Once he denied, I demanded it of him, with only the same result. His capital fell the next turn and the game was won. I know I only technically owned 6/8 capitals, but I register it as a DomV with the last 2 being vassals under "Iron Fist".

Most of my problems with Napoleon are coincidentally being addressed in the French leader thread, so I don't have much to add except praise for the Musketeer along with how bonkers the + culture/hammers are from the UA. I'd almost finished the Autocracy tenets by the time the next player (William) picked an ideology...

I didn't even get to try the forth component, the SPAD, and it was funny seeing the ability to transport units with free airports across my empire despite not having researched flying.

Happiness felt great in most facets. I was only on King, so the breathing room I did have felt solid relative to the difficulty.

Orthodoxy is a hell of a drug...

Last edited:
My guess is that a resource means there's no canal there, so a citadel still doesn't allow a ship's passage. I'm okay with that.
Citadels on top of resources always allowed ships passage.
This is specific -or at least the first time i encounter it- this patch.

DV as the Ottomans on turn 370.

Spoiler :
upload_2021-2-23_0-3-5.png

upload_2021-2-23_0-13-46.png

I refrained from actively doing anything that might make the world hate me. Which didn't mean much as I got every single CS allied and built most of the wonders. The World Congress managed to decolonize me thrice, with dual Decolonization/Sanction proposals twice and another time when I had to put every vote into passing World Ideology.

Poland and France were my bestest friends, until France broke our DoF on the very last turn for differing ideology. Brazil joined in late after he joined me in picking Freedom and having a few mutual wars with the Zulus. He's currently getting curbstomped though, and will likely lose everything if I don't offer help.

I didn't plan to take any cities (this is a "peaceful" game after all), but the Zulus were going to be increasingly annoying if I let him have this many coastal cities, and my happiness way exceeded my population (it still does, by the way - I have 310 global happiness).

The Zulus were unreasonably aggressive in spreading their religion despite not having any belief that benefited from it.

Ethiopia didn't found, so they were playing with half a UA. Neighbouring Shaka didn't help.

City States don't build walls when liberated, so they're always easily conquered again.

I'm currently using this patch and noticed that sometimes, when military CS and the bonus when your citys reach multiples of 10 you receive an unit, gets you ships that span in citys that have no access to ocean or only have access to rivers or lakes. Sorry for the somewhat maybe confusing english :)

I erased the previous post in the 2/4 page because I wrongly wrote the post there LOL

I'm currently using this patch and noticed that sometimes, when military CS and the bonus when your citys reach multiples of 10 you receive an unit, gets you ships that span in citys that have no access to ocean or only have access to rivers or lakes. Sorry for the somewhat maybe confusing english :)

I erased the previous post in the 2/4 page because I wrongly wrote the post there LOL

I have noticed that, though they can be quite useful if on occasion if enemy on border. If no access to water you normally always get basic melee unit, & basic ship ones if have access to water.

I have noticed that, though they can be quite useful if on occasion if enemy on border. If no access to water you normally always get basic melee unit, & basic ship ones if have access to water.

Yes it may help i understand that. But i don't think it makes much sense some ship appearing in my city not connected to a water tile or just one lake tile that's what i'm trying to explain because i don't know if that is meant to work that way. :sad:

Yes it may help i understand that. But i don't think it makes much sense some ship appearing in my city not connected to a water tile or just one lake tile that's what i'm trying to explain because i don't know if that is meant to work that way. :sad:

I must admit have had boats being given to cities with just lakes, which can be annoying, but not sure if that has been changed in the later version. Haven't had it happen recently. Sometimes you can use this to your advantage if you can connect your city to the coast using forts, which can happen in certain maps quite often.

I must admit have had boats being given to cities with just lakes, which can be annoying, but not sure if that has been changed in the later version. Haven't had it happen recently. Sometimes you can use this to your advantage if you can connect your city to the coast using forts, which can happen in certain maps quite often.

Yes yes exactly it can be good but in my latest game it spawned in a city more than 5 tiles from the coast :undecide:
Sorry for posting tiny bits of new information in each post I thought i wrote all this in the first post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom