1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - 1-11 (1/11)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 12, 2020.

1. saamohod

saamohod Prince

I wish the AI was taught to expect human archer rushes.

2. usadefcon1

usadefcon1 Warlord

I agree. I play events off, research agreements on, no tech brokering.

adan_eslavo and Dimmy like this.
  3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

re:events, if you aren’t using an expanded events mod, you’re only seeing the template events.

g

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Many players, new and not, might not know about this, or simply aren't interested in using even more mods until they digest the transition from vanilla to vp. Because the template events alone aren't a great feature of cbp, could you make so they are turned off by default?

vyyt, tu_79, Bromar1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. ridjack

ridjack King

To be fair, even with the expanded events mods they end up being pretty crap, IMHO.

Unrelated, but I just met a civ a couple turns ago ( @pineappledan 's Inuits, if it matters), and I have a bright red diplo modifier for " capturing or killing their civilians." I haven't even seen anything but one of their Pathfinders, much less captured or killed anything. Local barbarians didn't have any of their units either, at least as far as I saw. They're decently far away, too, with Indonesia right between us. No shared borders to speak of.

I'm currently without internet on my desktop, so unable to post a proper bug report. Can give any additional info that helps, though.

Edit: Also, I'm really sorry to see that we're sticking with the skirmisher doctrine. I was under the impression that we had reached a general consensus that it was pretty crap. I've been playing with Dan's unit tweaks for the past few games, and I have to say it feels much, much better than the current terrain modifiers. I don't see a numbers tweak making much of a difference, but we'll see.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  6. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives King

In theory, yes. In practise, show me your cities with lots of jungle that remains unchopped mid to late game. I'll concede that the Iroquois (and to a lesser extent the Maya and Brazil) should be pretty happy with this change. I don't see it being a huge issue though. It agree it has probably overshot the mark, but I trust G to bring it back to something more moderate once we have some playtesting feedback.
    That doesn't really seem fair to me. Community Events for VP has it's flaws, I will be the first to admit. It's still miles better than vanilla events though. It's improved over time too. I would recommend it to anyone who is tired of having their farms pillaged all the time for example. It may not for everyone, but it has made my experience playing this mod significantly more fun :).

Erikose likes this.
  7. Gazebo

I'm not particularly sure what you're expecting events to do.

G

8. TranceBlossom

TranceBlossom Warlord

Is open borders acting weird for anyone else? I have open borders but can’t move my units through other civs’ borders.

EDIT: Looks like it's been posted on Github and Iteroi added the "Already Fixed" label...does that mean a hotfix will be posted soon?

JamesNinelives and Kim Dong Un like this.
  9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

That's a bit higher than what I quoted, its more like 4 hammers per influence under normal conditions. Here is the my original post.

pineappledan and JamesNinelives like this.
  10. gwennog

gwennog Warlord

I have the same problem, Portugal is my vassal and I can't enter its territory.

11. Gazebo

Later today - @ilteroi found a bug in some of his code.

TranceBlossom and JamesNinelives like this.
  12. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Warlord

What has happen? Cities can attack a unit (healthy) and kill it with just ranged attack!!

Made it stronger? But really, kill units?

I dislike a lot!

vyyt and Zuizgond like this.
  13. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Warlord

After two unfinished games roughly 200 turns each on standard speed/standard size emperor i have got to say that the Anti warmonger fervor seems to be finally reasonable but city ranged attacks are devastating now, for reference a 5 population authority Songhai capital with walls, no garrison and god of war pantheon dealt NINETY NINE damage to an archer .... that's a bit overkill buff to ranged attacks to be honest.
    Is there by any chance a plan to modify Naval/Land unit production logic ? it seems the AI even on immortal does not seems to be getting a grasp of balance between them in favor of naval units which makes any ground assault pretty easy even if i don't end up taking the city.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  14. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian Warlord

Can someone with a GitHub account make a report on the potentially wonky religious pressure? Here are some screenshots, all standard settings, no other mods. Edit: Please and thank you!

Attached Files:

15. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

I like the tourism reduction from TR but why compensate by buffing zoos, GW and museums? It wasn't necessary.

16. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

I play at the moment an England game and have around 60-70 workable forest tiles with 7 cities and I will definitly work them cause I will go for Industry/Order with +5:c5production:+1:c5gold: for lumbermills (I love lumbermills). Those forest tiles will give me additionally around 120-140 tourism, which is in mid-late game equal to around 25 GW. Do you think its balanced/fair if (for atleast some time) constructing 7 building is worth as much as creating 25 GW?

I totally agree, that jungles are crap. It may be historically correct, that logging camps comes that late, but its so imbalanced in comparison with lumermills.
    Also the yields from logging camps are only worth half the amount as lumber mills (cause gold is only half the value as hammers and logging camp and lumber mill give the same amount).
    The one point in science never compensate the extreme late improvement and the difference in yield worth versus lumber mills.
    It is for Germany. Or for Morocco. They are literally forced to use as many trade units to CS.
    And if I send trade units to CS which directly borders my empire or lying in my empire, they are nearly as save as an internal trade route.
    What was the "reward" for sending trade units to CS before this patch, if trade routes to CS are so dangerous? One patch ago you completly crippled CS trade route yields. Were trade routes to CS in the late patch not as much in danger as now?

17. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

The buff of Zoos was unnecessary, but the other were made to increase the reward for activly follwing the path of a CV by accumulating GW/Wonders/etc and didnt win accidentially a CV cause you simply send external trade routes to other civs.

18. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Edit: I will reserve judgement on the new city mechanics and let it play out a bit, but city ranged attack seems overpowered initially.
    I had all 6 TR going through a CS while playing Arabia for CV - it flipped allies as I was declared on, losing all 6 routes within a few turns because my army was fighting on another front. Tourism from ETR's is much easier to shut down, so now you can rely on tourism coming from more direct means. Zoos and museums were underwhelming and needed a buff; numbers might need further adjustment, but I personally like the change.

JamesNinelives and Mauro Mezzina like this.
  19. ridjack

ridjack King

Just be fun, honestly. It's been quite a long while since I used them, but IIRC they got extremely repetitive and annoying, particularly everything related to barbarians. Playing wide became almost masochistic, with multiple events in multiple cities every single turn.

I think the biggest thing was the complete lack of variety or even the perception of randomness. Even with extra events mods, I saw the same events every single game, aside from a few of the more rare ones.

Bromar1 and Asterix Rage like this.
  20. telelavoro

telelavoro Chieftain

I think the worst of the wide punishment is gone. You still sometimes get multiple pillaging events on the same turn but it's a lot rarer than it was a number of versions ago.