1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - 1-11 (1/11)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Events should be compatible with the latest.

G

tibu and JamesNinelives like this.
  2. ASCII Guy

ASCII Guy Chieftain

Looks like there's a minor issue with it: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6093

3. Bridger

Bridger Prince

Anybody else having an issue with passive religious spread? I settled a city nearby my capital (also holy city), and there are at least 3 total cities in range but my religion won't spread there at all. A protestant missionary from the US spread their religion in it right after it was founded, but i had 3 cities all with my majority religion (including the holy city) within range and it's been about 20+ turns.
    Spoiler :

Anybody know what's going on? Over to the east there's another city that I settled (which wasn't converted at all) quite a while ago which has had no religions spread to it at all:
    Spoiler :

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Is this a bug or was there a change to the way passive spread works?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Gazebo

You grabbed the hotfix? Also images in spoilers, pls.

5. Bridger

Bridger Prince

Ah, just saw the other posts about it. Sorry, I was doing a Ctrl+F of the pages but I must have misspelled pressure...

Downloaded the hotfix now.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Enemy castles with Spear garrisons are one-shotting c bows. So I would say the city damage is a bit overtuned.

vyyt, legoras, Zuizgond and 5 others like this.
  7. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

It's definitely overtuned, I agree.

legoras likes this.
  8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Something I just noticed. After the first border growth, with your standard +2 culture, it takes 22 turns for the border to grow again. That feels just a bit much, anyone else think so?

9. ridjack

ridjack King

Playing Israel; when choosing my free Great Person for the Tradition policy, Settler is showing up as one of my options.

Edit: Also happens with Pisa.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  10. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives King

It works fine. Honestly, it didn't occur to me that might be an issue.
    Issues like this do happen, yes. That's true of VP itself though, It's the nature of a mod that is in development.

The current version is pretty stable though. The event mentioned in that bug report is probably the volcano eruption which only happens quite rarely.

Unfortunately Community Events doesn't have many people working on it, so updates can be slower. I think that's a good reason for the community to support the project though, if we want it to continue to improve.

tibu likes this.
  11. kenneth1221

kenneth1221 Warlord

Personally, I'm curious why Community Events hasn't been brought into the main mod (or if it every will be) since it completely transforms the events system and majorly fleshes it out. Not going to speculate, but I have faith in the team.

12. Gazebo

Possibly - cities are finally dealing real damage (i.e. true to their defense value) so we can more easily find out what the balance should be.

G

13. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Warlord

fixing the inconsistencies to the point that they are consistently one shooting contemporary units :lol: .
    Seriously tho i don't think this is supposed to be the final state of Cities ranged attack adjustment, it makes me feel safe knowing that the moment i erect the walls on the frontier cities i'm not going to lose them to The Huns/ Songhai rush.

saamohod likes this.
  14. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Let me turn that possibility into a definitely:) I think a solid line of reasonability is that a city should not one shot the ranged unit one tech level below (so walls should not snipe archers, castles should not snipe c bows).

ASCII Guy, vyyt, Bromar1 and 8 others like this.
  15. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Warlord

Seems like the no religious pressure bug that was fixed in the 2nd update made Celtic cities receive pressure from other player's cities.
    Spoiler :

Also ..... barbarian immortals ?
    Spoiler :

16. Gazebo

She has to found and have a majority religion to avoid that.

G

17. TranceBlossom

TranceBlossom Warlord

In my current game with Portugal, I have Petra & Colossus and +3 trade routes from policies, and even sending all my trade routes to city-states I'm still having to use diplomatic units to fight the AI for control over a handful. So this change isn't as broken as I initially feared. I just got Ideologies and am choosing freedom, but I am afraid the Tier III +4 influence from trade routes will seem very weak when I'm already getting +10 influence per turn CS trade routes.

That being said, without even particularly trying for a tourism victory, it seems like that will come a lot faster than a Diplomatic victory. I'm at least popular with every civ and influential with 3 already, and the cultural leader (Babylon) is still easily within CV grasp. If I switch sending trade routes from CSs to Babylon, I'm sure I'll be influential with every civ before I have two tier 3 ideologies. This is speaking only from one game, but it was very easy to rack up tourism with just CS trade routes.

18. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Standard Germany on Fractal Immortal. Quit (destroyed) on Turn 261

I have to give the AI credit in this one. It was one of the rare games where I was on top, had my comfortable 6 cities and a bunch of CS, and I was ahead in wonders, science, and culture. And then the AI brought the pain HARD. Persia declares, then Korea (who had UR). Indonesia threw in to but didn't do anything.

Persia was a monster, I killed a full 8 unit navy 3 times, and it just regenerated.

upload_2020-1-15_2-37-57.png

I used that narrow funnel to try and hold on for dear life, blasting with musketmen from the northwest of Troyes. Things were going alright for a while, and then France sneak attacks me, brings in Musketeers and just crushes my backline. Suddenly all of my ranged musketmen are dead, and my land support is in taters.

Even UR is beating up Tyre, come on Tyre your better than this!

I only have 25 supply so I don't have much to work with, but I do what I can. I rotate Corsairs through the narrow choke as best I can, even using GAs when necessary to heal. But once my land forces crumbled I just could not match the endless strength of Persia. He poped the choke, and I folded like a lawn chair. He takes Frankfurt, he is about to take Troyes, and he managed to take one of my back cities that I just couldn't spare enough men to hold.

So AI I give this one to you, good game.

My only note about naval combat on Immortal...it really is all or nothing. If you are going to participate in naval combat, there are no half measures. You have to bring an incredible amount of ships so that your fleet doesn't get wrecked in open water, and then you have to kill equivalent fleets again and again and again to finally wear the AI down. This is one of the reasons I never get a navy as Tradition, you simply cannot afford the supply. I will also say that spotters are absolutely critical. Twice Persia ambushed me with a fresh fleet when I was caught out of position, I really should have kept a navigation 2 ship in the fleet to keep better watch.

19. saamohod

saamohod Prince

What's the map script you used?

20. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Fractal