Status
Not open for further replies.
Without building manual roads it seems to be able to break, too:

It built a road between Novgorod and Rostov (no capital connection) long time ago, but didn't want to build a road between Moscow and Novgorod.
At some point it started to build the road next to Moscow automatically, but after it got completed, it immediately started to remove it.
1708819529412.jpeg

It built a road between Novgorod and Rostov (no capital connection) long time ago, but didn't want to build a road between Moscow and Novgorod.
At some point it started to build the road next to Moscow automatically, but after it got completed, it immediately started to remove it.
Who knows. That road is a very risky project. It could get cut off by either Austria or Holland growing their borders. It can't contain another city due to the borders and distances. I'm surprised you have not either declared or been declared war on by either party yet. The landmass clearly isn't large enough for all of you and your empire is about to be split in two. Holland have two settlers to go and nowhere to settle but north or out into the islands.

Still it did build roads between Novgorod and Rostov and also Moscow and St Petersburg. But you are now boxed in, brutal forward settle from both Holland and Austria just 3 and 4 tiles away from your capital. Time to build an army and push them back.

(also shrink the image to a thumbnail if possible)

Can anyone confirm or clarify if this is some change or maybe bug?
Previously, when Wonder was build, on the tech tree, when you hoover over that wonder it was grayed out and there was name of the civ that built it, but now i dont see the name.
I veriffied, if i know this civilisation, but even if not, if i recall corectly, previously it said "civilization unknown".
1708866672703.png

Can anyone confirm or clarify if this is some change or maybe bug?
Previously, when Wonder was build, on the tech tree, when you hoover over that wonder it was grayed out and there was name of the civ that built it, but now i dont see the name.
I veriffied, if i know this civilisation, but even if not, if i recall corectly, previously it said "civilization unknow
I can confirm that I have the same issue. Also some of the tooltips in the techtree appears to cut the top line, sometimes. The one with the name followed by a line and the cost of things. It was a good way to know which techs the AI had started on or completed as the cost was lower. It's sporadically weird. Not sure if that is core mod or one of the modmods (34unique, toppanel, impcityview, ige+). Everything in the tooltip above the line "Units Unlocked:" is just blank.

It only happens to the tech that are next in line and that can be researched (the once in green color). Yellow/Gold (already researched) are fine, the brown/red (not yet able to research) are also fine.

Last edited:
The one with the name followed by a line and the cost of things
Yea, i remember that i was looking at costs of tech, since, the one already discovered were slightly cheaper.
I see cost on already discovered, undiscovered but the ones i cant research. Currenty discovered and the one i actually can switch to, dont have a cost :)
Some inconsistencies :) Doestn look like intended behaviour :)

I was just coming to post on that weird tech tree behavior as well. :lol:
  • There’s something wrong with the tech tree. It no longer displays how much the tech costs (or my progress on it) on the tooltip, when hovering over that technology.

View attachment 685248
Building a road between Moscow and Novgorod is considered unsafe so it will not plan a route there (too many plots far outside of friendly territory).

C5-VOX-COALMINE.jpg
Speaking of weirdness, how are they supposed to connect that coal or is it auto-connected? From what I can tell by tooltipping over the city it is not connected,

Solomon connected it long ago. Not a standard map script for sure though, it never happened to me.

Another oddity, perhaps. The first game I started using 4.5, I became embroiled in what quickly became an unwinnable war. So I started a new game as Iroquois, previous was Arabia. Playing as Arabia, jungles were 2 Food & 1 Gold. Now they're 2 Food & 1 Production. I think this was a clashing mods issue, however, if anyone else sees this, be sure to report it.

As Arabia, I was using a mod that added additional resources (from the person that makes Sapiens & Gaia mods, I forget the name) & I took it off for the Iroquois game because I suspected those jungle tile outputs were being affected by that mod.

Misc. Balance
- Puppets and automated cities can now build Workers / Work Boats

I'm still trying to figure out how to do that :lol:

Hi, I don't know if it is only on my end but It seems that I do no longer have the pantheon/religion recommendations using VP patch 4.5.

Hi, I don't know if it is only on my end but It seems that I do no longer have the pantheon/religion recommendations using VP patch 4.5.
I was just posting about that here (#5). Apparently, we're doing it wrong.

I just created a Citadel while one of the city-states I happened to be allied with was either next to that territory & then moved in, after the citadel was created, or was in the territory & stayed in rather than getting kicked out. I can't recall if that's normal behavior for the mod, but I can't ever recall a city-state ever being in my territory before.

View attachment 685290
Speaking of weirdness, how are they supposed to connect that coal or is it auto-connected? From what I can tell by tooltipping over the city it is not connected,
This thing happens so rarely it's impossible to debug. Just accept it's a quirk for now.
Im play on communitas and im using mod "Maps - Rotate Start Position (v 13)" so that i dont need to restart/regenerate map to find some interesting starting location,
and i just spoted second time, that gold as a monopoly luxury is generated for 2 players. Funny thing, one time, it generated gold to the guy that was next to me. (total like 20+ gold)
Is this suppose to happen?
Same with this. It should only be possible if there are 8+ hills regions that either don't start on coast or don't have enough coast tiles, which forces the regional luxuries to repeat.

Played a little bit more with this patch, at some point the automated workers started to build a parallel road. Does the algorithm try to find the shortest path between cities, and build a road for each pair?

That would make sense, but I think the shortest path between Machu and Rome would be one tile to the right from where they are building (7 tiles vs 8 tiles). I am not sure whether it's expected or not.

Spoiler image :

20240226061838_1.jpg

It also avoids tiles that are too far away from your territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom