New Beta Version - April 23rd (4/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighters and Jet Fighters can still do 3 air sweeps a turn or 2 air sweep combo with re-base or attack.

Also Mechanized Infantry require an Airport to purchase, I think it should be Military Base

There have been no changes to 1a C4DF, perhaps you can use the old folder with this one?

I use that version of your mod, thanks for the info.

The existing C4DF - CP version that is already at release works fine, I didn't upload it as a beta as it hasn't been changed.

CP-CSD requires some lua fun that I'm not up for currently. Perhaps in the future. You can use CP-CSD together right now, but you'd lose some UI info (as you'd need to delete the lua from CSD).

Let us hope! Spent most of my time this version getting events squared away. I also think I fixed the 'next turn' exploit, but I could never reproduce it so, bleh!

G

OK, thanks.

Should be there. If not ill check my sync folder and make sure it uploaded. In any case it's just an issue with the XML not the dll.

Edit: it is there, in eventchoices.

Code:
<!-- Grants a specified tech for free. -->
<Column name="EventTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
G

Yeah that one's been in since the last beta, the counterpart to EventPolicy.
I was talking about the request for a counterpart to EventFreePolicies (as in, free tech popup like building oxford university).

Yeah that one's been in since the last beta, the counterpart to EventPolicy.
I was talking about the request for a counterpart to EventFreePolicies (as in, free tech popup like building oxford university).

I did not see that request. Or I conflated the two.

Bug: Egypt's Trait gives + 5 culture in the city for every building with an art/artifact slot when I put in a Great Work of Art. With two Great Works the culture bonus was doubled. Science doesn't change, though I haven't tried it with an artifact yet. The tooltips when hovering over the Great Work stays with + 1 Culture.

Edit: Artifacts seem to have the correct tooltip, but else have the same behavior than Great Works of Art and Writings even. It also doesn't seem to give the science. So the culture I get is:

base amount from GWs * quantity GWs (from vanilla) + quantity GWs*quantity GW slot buildings*5 (bonus from trait) which gets out of hand pretty quick :D

This looks great! Excited to check out the new events.

I like the Shock and Drill changes, though I would've expected Swordsman/Longswordsman and UUs to get Drill 1 for free, not Shock 1 (which I guess would require switching Alhambra's bonus).

Bug: Egypt's Trait gives + 5 culture in the city for every building with an art/artifact slot when I put in a Great Work of Art. With two Great Works the culture bonus was doubled. Science doesn't change, though I haven't tried it with an artifact yet. The tooltips when hovering over the Great Work stays with + 1 Culture.

Edit: Artifacts seem to have the correct tooltip, but else have the same behavior than Great Works of Art and Writings even. It also doesn't seem to give the science. So the culture I get is:

base amount from GWs * quantity GWs (from vanilla) + quantity GWs*quantity GW slot buildings*5 (bonus from trait) which gets out of hand pretty quick :D

Any lua mods that alter the cityview lua?

G

As far as I know, I only checked 1-6b(no-eui) and IGE and deleted the cache before. I played for one, two turns and got policies quickly, so that part at least shouldn't be an UI issue. The only other thing I can think of is before that I messed around with an edited GreatWorkVaults by whoward which should enable GLOBAL_GREATWORK_YIELDTYPES.

I'll try again tomorrow with some logs if you need them.

Attila doesn't get adjacent plains tiles when borders grow naturally on a plains tile. I'm not sure if this happens on grassland too, but I'd think so.

Nuclear plant and solar plant don't give the 15% boost to production that coal plant gives. Both only give 5 production/turn, making the buildings practically useless.

Attila doesn't get adjacent plains tiles when borders grow naturally on a plains tile. I'm not sure if this happens on grassland too, but I'd think so.

Nuclear plant and solar plant don't give the 15% boost to production that coal plant gives. Both only give 5 production/turn, making the buildings practically useless.

Your positive that you aren't getting database errors or mod conflicts? I don't see these problems on my end.

I also think I fixed the 'next turn' exploit, but I could never reproduce it so, bleh!

Good news, I can reproduce it pretty regularly, so I'll try it and let you know.

Before this update. I'm downloading this version now to run and test it.

But yes, I could do it regularly on the last update+patch. Although the patch seemed to make it happen far less often.

Like I said, same is true for policies. The difference is, once you select a policy all the other options are greyed out.

For events, the only event that's greyed out after you select one, is the one you selected. So you can pick another one.

But I'm downloading this version now and will let you know.

Edit: First event, couldn't do it... great sign. Was super responsive.

Oh, one more thing. I mentioned every game I had CTD'ing at around 200 turns. I've been complaining about it for awhile.

Played my first finished game with no CTDs in a long time with the latest patch. The only change is, I didn't use the communitas map. I used fractal.

Not sure if that matters at all, but was amazing to actually finish a game.

Tried a cpp reinstall, but seems to be the same problem though I only checked for like 2 turns. Here is a save. I hope I'm not missing something obvious.

Attachments

• Ramesses II_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    447.1 KB · Views: 48
Literally every civ I know is declaring war on me in particular very early, and with some I have very high warscore and they wont peace out. Warmongering has never been this intense against me but it could just be a fluke. I'm playing on emperor but that is what I have been playing on. Not sure what is going on here but its wild. I would understand if it was just my neighbors declaring on me, but it is also civs that have a civ between me and them, and its before open borders are possible.

Literally every civ I know is declaring war on me in particular very early, and with some I have very high warscore and they wont peace out. Warmongering has never been this intense against me but it could just be a fluke. I'm playing on emperor but that is what I have been playing on. Not sure what is going on here but its wild. I would understand if it was just my neighbors declaring on me, but it is also civs that have a civ between me and them, and its before open borders are possible.

They're getting bribed.

G

Your positive that you aren't getting database errors or mod conflicts? I don't see these problems on my end.

I only use CPP so there can't be mod conflicts. The problems with nuclear and solar plant have been there for quite a long time and my friend has the same issues with them (and has mentioned it here some time ago). I don't know what could be causing database errors or how I'd know if I had one, so I don't know if they are causing the lack of extra border growth for Attila. Hopefully someone can confirm or refute this.

Another bug I found with the Huns was that barbarian horsemen don't consume horses and have 14 CS instead of 15. I've noticed the first part of this before too, so this is also not a new thing, but only now I realised why I had more horses available than I was supposed to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom