New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the extraGreat Works probably mean I should remove Krazjen's Artists and Musicians
Yes. No need extra mods for more GMs and GAs.

Have great writers not been added? It's nice to have more GM and GA, but I tend to run out of GW pretty often.
More GWs in the next version.

All Great Works have been carefully selected and compiled for VP.
GWs should come with vocal quotes.

:yeah: If anyone is willing to record voice quotes properly, PM me please :yeah:

Last edited:
I'm really glad with the buff to submarines, they were a pretty niche unit with the standard naval unit being a hard counter which really made a useless unit.
Definitely would try raising a fleet of these to try it.
I think the Zulus need more than just a promotion overhaul to become a relevant warmonger especially since they half of their UA with the changes to tribute.
Progress changes look minimal and just a streamlining rather than a buff but i really think it's not needed and if there is something that needs some help in progress is the early expansion.
AI aggression is the most exciting change in this patch and i think this is what most of us are eager to test, time to try an authority Zulu and see if i can go smoothly on Emperor.

Bug Report:

1) Ikanda seems to give units Buffalo Loins (Not Iklwa).

This makes impossible to get the other Buffalo Promotions, but instead it gives you the chance to promote your unit to other Tier 4 upgrades (March, City Assault, Stelwart, Overrun...)

Possible Bugs:

Note: This is KING (5) Difficulty.

1) Some AI not rolling out culture fast enough?

In my game Sweden (Progress) and America (Authority) got their first policy 10-15 turns after everyone else. Now, they are still at 1 policy, but other have 3 or 2.

2) Some AI staying at 2 pop without reason?

Sweden got a nice spot in my game... But they are stagnated with 2 pop (Turn 70).

Can't give screenshots since WIFI is not working lol.

I’ll look at Zulu. Might be a merge snafu.

Uploaded a hotfix for Zulu promotion unlock via Ikanda - was a merge error on final mod creation. Online now. Savegame compatible, but you should revert to a save prior to building Ikandas if you've built them in your game (or an AI has).

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/2Jdw3aQT#Z49gV7KAyMq6YiG5BD9jaA

Communitu_79a v2.0.0/AssignStartingPlots changelog:
  • Map now requires full VP to function - please use v1.17.0 if you want to play the map without VP
  • Most of the AssignStartingPlots overrides have been integrated into VP (6a) and (6b)
    • There's a map option "Override AssignStartingPlots" for the rest of them - it affects very little, mainly fish placement, tree placement and small island buffs
  • No change for 43-civs; and the map isn't compatible with it either
  • VP supports all Communitu_79a's resource options - mapscript makers can refer to the code (the GenerateRegions function) to see how to use them
    • In the future maybe those options can be added to base VP too
  • Bugfixes/Tweaks for resource placement
    • You may notice slightly fewer strategic resources than before - don't worry, it can always be tuned
  • Natural Wonders will only be placed near valid city spots, and City States don't spawn near them
  • Plot fertility evaluation tweaked to be more inline with VP values
  • Tooltips for some of the map options

Last edited:
By far this is my favorite patch so far!
Though Defensive Pacts are still made quite as often, around turn 200 and the world is already spiraling into chaos, wars being fought everywhere.

AND, also the tactics AI improvement:
Spoiler :

You can clearly see here that the Turks is sending everything they can in their merciless assault; almost no units sitting behind. Now, some people might say this is bad because if they get attacked in the opposite side they are totally defenseless. Yes, but AI actually needs this level of dedication to be able to take cities, because they are obviously no smarter than human players.

People, you gotta be prepared to protect your lands, the difference is easily felt :goodjob:

Oh horsehocky.
Spoiler :

Btw, this is on King difficulty.

Uploaded a hotfix for Zulu promotion unlock via Ikanda - was a merge error on final mod creation. Online now. Savegame compatible, but you should revert to a save prior to building Ikandas if you've built them in your game (or an AI has).

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/2Jdw3aQT#Z49gV7KAyMq6YiG5BD9jaA

Right now, no promotions are being given by Ikanda at all.

Spoiler Image :
upload_2020-8-16_21-27-18.png

Just about how many downloads does each version get? Just to get a number of lurkers that this project has.

Last one had over 10k downloads since june, but that doesn't account for duplicate downloads and/or e-bots.

G

By far this is my favorite patch so far!
Though Defensive Pacts are still made quite as often, around turn 200 and the world is already spiraling into chaos, wars being fought everywhere.

Perhaps a requirement for both Civs to have the same majority religion or same ideology before they can make a Defensive Pact together in order to cut down on the spam.

Perhaps a requirement for both Civs to have the same majority religion or same ideology before they can make a Defensive Pact together in order to cut down on the spam.

Just a cap on number of pacts a civ can make would be nice. Playing on Huge map and 12 civs I had Indonesia with 6 defensive pacts in my last game. I doubt anyone would disagree with a hard cap of 3 for example.

Communitu_79a v2.0.0/AssignStartingPlots changelog:
  • Map now requires full VP to function - please use v1.17.0 if you want to play the map without VP
  • Most of the AssignStartingPlots overrides have been integrated into VP (6a) and (6b)
    • There's a map option "Override AssignStartingPlots" for the rest of them - it affects very little, mainly fish placement, tree placement and small island buffs
  • No change for 43-civs; and the map isn't compatible with it either
  • VP supports all Communitu_79a's resource options - mapscript makers can refer to the code (the GenerateRegions function) to see how to use them
    • In the future maybe those options can be added to base VP too
  • Bugfixes/Tweaks for resource placement
    • You may notice slightly fewer strategic resources than before - don't worry, it can always be tuned
  • Natural Wonders will only be placed near valid city spots, and City States don't spawn near them
  • Plot fertility evaluation tweaked to be more inline with VP values
I've tried the map script on the last patch, but was disappointed. I set Standard size with default numbers of civs and CS and I got an isolated start 3 times in a row and I gave up. Was it a bad luck?

I've tried the map script on the last patch, but was disappointed. I set Standard size with default numbers of civs and CS and I got an isolated start 3 times in a row and I gave up. Was it a bad luck?
What other settings do you have? And by isolated do you mean Sailing-isolated or Astronomy-isolated? The former is quite common with the 5-6 continents that the map forms.

If the latter you were just unlucky. Try to get some Navigation Trireme for extra sight to get past the rift. Turning OFF Circumnavigatble Path helps too.

What other settings do you have? And by isolated do you mean Sailing-isolated or Astronomy-isolated? The former is quite common with the 5-6 continents that the map forms.

If the latter you were just unlucky. Try to get some Navigation Trireme for extra sight to get past the rift. Turning OFF Circumnavigatble Path helps too.
I don't remember. Wait, the map forms 5-6 continents? Then you are expected to be isolated or with just 1 neighbour. Why not just 2 continents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom