New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody notice that the AI sometimes manage to get 2 units at the same turn from a single city and use them aswell (i'm talking ancient era cities turn 50 or sth and ancient era units as well, no zealotry shenanigans and no crazy production bonuses from wonders or factories) ?

Yes this is happening alot. Its not Authority branch buying or events as far as I can tell. I havent figured out how its possible

I have a really sneaky bug in my current game; capturing cities automatically annexes them -this is renaissance era btw- without the dialog box to either raze, annex or puppet.
It does not happen with every city i capture but it happened a couple of times in the same game that i have to save every single time before capturing a city ..... Reloading the save before capturing fixes it sometimes and properly shows the dialogue box but other times i have to reload like 3 or 4 times for it to work.
I have this problem all the time. It's probably a memory issue as it is solved when you reload. So I always save game just before capturing a city.

In the current version, AI seems happy when I propose my own religion as world religion in the world congress even if they have their own religion. Did you experience the same?

I'm not sure if this is worth reporting on Github but this is such a weird city to settle in the early game[Emperor]; i have no idea how did it grow to 11 citizens let alone sustain itself.
Spoiler 4 desert tiles, 1 plains, 1 forest, 2 fish and 3 water ? :
CivilizationV_DX11 2020-10-05 01-30-39-716.jpg

I'm not sure if this is worth reporting on Github but this is such a weird city to settle in the early game[Emperor]; i have no idea how did it grow to 11 citizens let alone sustain itself.
Spoiler 4 desert tiles, 1 plains, 1 forest, 2 fish and 3 water ? :
it wasn't terrible when it was settled. The shoshone have a superpower of rapid border growth, and have taken all the nice tiles for themselves.

it wasn't terrible when it was settled. The shoshone have a superpower of rapid border growth, and have taken all the nice tiles for themselves.

OK, but how did it grow to 11 citizens with only a handful of workable tiles lol? If I didn't know better I would have guessed some of the territory was stolen by a Great General. Or maybe the religion is granting it a lot of food.

Also, the neighbours there are the Iroquois rather than the Shoshone :).

No land was stolen from it at all, Spain's religion had no food bonuses -and seriously even if it had there is no way it could sustain that city- The city was planted in the middle of Iroquois land in a spot they left vacant because it's terrible i guess.

Spain probably settled there simply because they like settling cities and most of the other space was taken. Did they take Authority? I noticed that Authority civs love settling near my cities, even if there are better spots available elsewhere.

The neighboring AI civ are not Shoshone, they are Iroquois.

Maybe an internal food sea route? Which makes sense when settling a new city, though clearly not so much for this dump.

Also between sea tiles and food producing buildings and a small emperor bonus I think we can explain it without that, assuming Spain is roughly close to you in tech.

Attachments

• auGenghis Khan_0501 AD-2050-July.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom