New Beta Version - August 6th (8/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird, I am first in demographics on soldiers with only 14 units.
This is on IMMORTAL, if this is a bug, I'll report this on github then.
So even the AI were suffering.
Seems to be bugged for the AI aswell, I'm seeing the army scores, they are much much lower than before, and my neighbors barely have any troops around.
Also citadels/teracotta arming not giving me supplies either, I'll go upload the log at github right now.

Aside from this bug I'm loving the changes though.

Seems to be bugged for the AI aswell, I'm seeing the army scores, they are much much lower than before, and my neighbors barely have any troops around.
Also citadels/teracotta arming not giving me supplies either, I'll go upload the log at github right now.
Yup. Just hit medieval maxed out at 12 supply. I rank 3rd in overall military power (standard 8 civs) with a score of ...*drumroll*... '24'

I think there's still a bug with interception on all units as when the ai use bombers on my cities, non of the intercept units seem to take action (e.g. Fighter, anti air, destroyer etc.)

Hotfix inbound: https://mega.nz/#!jRtnjKSb!RM5sdLhz3SN42MxC-lz-17N5NT6BjVzDf78qHlUA8E8

Savegame compatible. I removed the city scaling on flat supply because it was making you all think there was a bug. There's not. So supply is a bit more liberal now than the other two versions of this beta, but still a wee bit lower than the prior beta. Also reverted a military score check to make it go back to big-boy numbers for all of you.

G

Hotfix inbound: https://mega.nz/#!jRtnjKSb!RM5sdLhz3SN42MxC-lz-17N5NT6BjVzDf78qHlUA8E8

Savegame compatible. I removed the city scaling on flat supply because it was making you all think there was a bug. There's not. So supply is a bit more liberal now than the other two versions of this beta, but still a wee bit lower than the prior beta. Also reverted a military score check to make it go back to big-boy numbers for all of you.

G
Praise Be, you beautiful soul...

G

Thanks Gazebo, the military score number themselves don't bother me but the city scaling on flat supplies I admit is extremely confusing and was anything but intuitive for me.

@Gazebo, just wondering, are any of the hotfix changes in Github? Or is there a different way I can see them?

Edit: FYI, also the new 8-6-2 version doesn't appear to be save game compatible? When I try to load my 8-6-1 game it crashes the game. Reverting to 8-6-1 seems to load that game fine.

Last edited:
Anybody had issues with spy's chance for coup? Is it 30% no matter what? Because it was written 30% for a CS that I had barely relations, and 30% for another CS who I had perfect relations.

@Gazebo, just wondering, are any of the hotfix changes in Github? Or is there a different way I can see them?

Edit: FYI, also the new 8-6-2 version doesn't appear to be save game compatible? When I try to load my 8-6-1 game it crashes the game. Reverting to 8-6-1 seems to load that game fine.

It is savegame compatible. Tested it multiple times last night.

G

G

Out of curiosity, what was the rationale that led to that change ? Was it to make things more manageable for the AI ? I know there was a request for more supply for tall players, but why was wide supply nerfed so much ?

Out of curiosity, what was the rationale that led to that change ? Was it to make things more manageable for the AI ? I know there was a request for more supply for tall players, but why was wide supply nerfed so much ?

It wasn’t nerfed that much, but the negative could theoretically be bigger than the positive you gained (especially in the early game) so that gaining any amount of flat supply just made it immediately go into the ‘lost’ pool.

It wasn’t nerfed that much, but the negative could theoretically be bigger than the positive you gained (especially in the early game) so that gaining any amount of flat supply just made it immediately go into the ‘lost’ pool.
I had two instances where I conquered a city and my supply went down. I'm glad it has been changed because that felt really bizarre.

It’s one of those things that was good for AI balance, but had bad mouthfeel for humans.
We demand equal rights with the AI! :egypt: If AI can handle that, then we can handle that too! :queen: And we can do that much better then AI, we just need time to learn how to. :borg:

We demand equal rights with the AI! :egypt: If AI can handle that, then we can handle that too! :queen: And we can do that much better then AI, we just need time to learn how to. :borg:
No... I'm not really interested in playing a game where I am being inserted system designed primarily for AI. You make a game so humans can play it, not so humans can pretend to be computers.

Bug or no, the fact remains the supply limit was too low. There were too few soldiers on the field. With 2 iron and 1 horse tile, I had more strategics than I had unit cap in late classical.

Guys the game freezes to death when loading a turn(the mouse icon still rotates though) every 15~ turns, I use these mods, do you think there is a conflict?
Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom