New Beta Version - Feb. 9th (2-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One interesting aspect of the one warrior start is it sort of weirdly makes the first warrior you build better, as 2 warriors are a lot better than one. If you knock out a warrior now to be his friend suddenly you can take out camps. Still worse than Monument/Shrine in most situations but if you notice the barbs are swarming you can just warrior first, and two Warriors by turn 10 will basically thrash any amount of barbs.

Very interested to hear people's assessment of the sword changes. My impression from the patch notes is that everyone getting 17CS would be too much, especially with spears getting no compensatory buff

Was formation changed to 15% open/33% mounted, or is it still 10% open/25% mounted?

If Formation wasn't changed, then this spear line change is actually a nerf.

Yes it's changed to +33% against mounted and +15% defense in open.

Another undocumented change is that Air Repair now requires Dogfighting 3 instead of 2.

Discipline now gives +10% CS and +15% if adjacent to another unit.

Hmmmmm...I feel like this is too many things all at once. But let's see how it goes.

I'm curious as to the necessity of the Lighthouse, Harbor, and Seaport count? We're Sea people that desperate for military?

The bullying thing is very interesting and I can certainly see myself using it. Was very frustrating to be incapable of bullying when I had a massive army around while not understanding the total threat!

Thanks!

Playing Spain with food again feels so good, getting 20 population capital in medieval era without sacrificing trade routes is just amazing.
Also the new tribute system feels much more abuse-able than before, with only a path finder and a spearman i bullied 4 CS for about 100ish gold, the AI is consistently tributing CS and demanding tribute quests are trivial to say the least.
The new city attack seems ok till now, everyone still on walls tho, no castles in sight, the new archer is pretty useless IMO; it stops archer rushes completely but it effectively deleted the unit from the game at this point, chariots are the to-go non UU ancient units IMO.
I have 3 puppets and 2 cities + a capital atm, gonna update this later when i hit imperialism/Air units.

Very interested to hear people's assessment of the sword changes.

My first impression was against the Huns UU so take that with a grain of salt...but honestly I was pretty underwhelmed. They held the line just fine, but anytime I pushed in against the horse archer/c bow line they got crushed, and that's adding on the cover II.

Just FYI, Mega link really acting up. I've tried to download 3 times, and each time the Mega site crashes...checked other websites for functionality and they work fine. It's down for several minutes and then it suddenly starts working again.

Normally I would say stealth update but G specifically noted this one as "removed" so I'm calling a bug. Drill did in fact get an extra +5% CS.

It's a merge error, the TT is incorrect. Is still 10%. I did a few merges of code from other users and some of my code got reverted, I'll push a hotfix shortly.

G

Mega ate my file, reuploaded just now.

G

Thrice the charm, there is typo in MeleeUnits.sql : line 185 there is a call to delete from UnitFreePromotions instead of Unit_FreePromotions so everything below is ignored and we are still with anti-mounted(50) for the spear line and missing promotions for a dozen units.

Thanks for the updates.

PS: Just noticed Pikeman are given Formation 1 twice.

Last edited:
Thrice the charm, there is typo in MeleeUnits.sql : line 185 there is a call to delete from UnitFreePromotions instead of Unit_FreePromotions so everything below is ignored and we are still with anti-mounted(50) for the spear line and missing promotions for a dozen units.

Thanks for the updates.

PS: Just noticed Pikeman are given Formation 1 twice.
I think it's because my change got messed up when I merged Aqinu's stuff.

G

Monopolys are once again attained at 50% not more than 50%, intended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom