New Beta Version - Feb. 9th (2-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gazebo , you mention in the patch notes about tweaks to certain spear UU's, but was there any adjustments to long/sword UU's considering the buffs to the standard units + landsknecht? I went to start a warmonger game, but was hesitant to pick certain civs such as Denmark, Iroquois, Indonesia, etc., as their UU's have become no different CS wise than their standard counterpart, with the exception of a single promotion. I was a bit disappointed and I'm hoping it was just an oversight.

@Gazebo , you mention in the patch notes about tweaks to certain spear UU's, but was there any adjustments to long/sword UU's considering the buffs to the standard units + landsknecht? I went to start a warmonger game, but was hesitant to pick certain civs such as Denmark, Iroquois, Indonesia, etc., as their UU's have become no different CS wise than their standard counterpart, with the exception of a single promotion. I was a bit disappointed and I'm hoping it was just an oversight.

All units that formerly had the anti-mounted promotion now start with formation (except indian naga-malla), and the CS on some of them was raised alongside counterparts.

G

The mission still have a 15% ranged strike modifier, even though the castle lost it.

Playing Spain with food again feels so good, getting 20 population capital in medieval era without sacrificing trade routes is just amazing.
Also the new tribute system feels much more abuse-able than before, with only a path finder and a spearman i bullied 4 CS for about 100ish gold, the AI is consistently tributing CS and demanding tribute quests are trivial to say the least.
The new city attack seems ok till now, everyone still on walls tho, no castles in sight, the new archer is pretty useless IMO; it stops archer rushes completely but it effectively deleted the unit from the game at this point, chariots are the to-go non UU ancient units IMO.
I have 3 puppets and 2 cities + a capital atm, gonna update this later when i hit imperialism/Air units.
Late medieval era here ... Castles are over tuned big time, funnily enough they seem to add more CS to cities than Spanish missions for some reasons.
Is there some sort of bias towards choosing certain beliefs ? This is the third time i go against Ghandi that chooses Orders as his first follower belief .... i have no idea if this is a thing or just confirmation bias.
I remember G talking about spies gold theft via advanced actions was to be tuned down but it's not in the patch notes.
Also This .... 53 :c5rangedstrength: in medieval era ..... is there a way to deal with this without losing my entire army 'cause it's one shooting everything.
Spoiler :

Late medieval era here ... Castles are over tuned big time, funnily enough they seem to add more CS to cities than Spanish missions for some reasons.
Is there some sort of bias towards choosing certain beliefs ? This is the third time i go against Ghandi that chooses Orders as his first follower belief .... i have no idea if this is a thing or just confirmation bias.
I remember G talking about spies gold theft via advanced actions was to be tuned down but it's not in the patch notes.
Also This .... 53 :c5rangedstrength: in medieval era ..... is there a way to deal with this without losing my entire army 'cause it's one shooting everything.
Spoiler :
you are playing with 4 UC even though I haven’t released an update for it. You fool!

India still has the old qila, which means he is still getting 1:c5strength: in city for every national or world wonder, and he has a +100% range strike modifier, the same as the old castle.

The AI really loves orders in my experience. Even if they are playing peacefully.

While if I were playing a peaceful Tradition game, I would definitely prioritize e.g. Mandirs, it's worth noting that Orders are a nice buff to warmongers, and obtaining Orders denies it to all other civs - Byzantium excluded.

I will say that Swordsman are still no match for mass horsemen with Shock II in the open field. Horsemen still can do plenty of good damage with proper flanking. Also, once an enemy has spear lines....archers are useless. They handle themselves fine against the barbs and warriors, but if the AI brings a good spearline the archers will crumble pretty hard. which I think is the point.

Is it intended that Barbarians can pillage their own camps to heal? This fellow did that just before I killed him...he had moved out of the camp shortly before; then I attacked once with my Archer and he moved back in and pillaged to heal before I killed him there:
Spoiler camp pillaged by Barb who was previously guarding it :
barb_pillaged_his_own_camp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom