New Beta Version - January 3rd (1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tell us how many of the remaining went Progress.

It just appears to be heavily disfavored in Marathon so far. I'm in my 7th game and once again I'm the only Progress civ as China out of 12.

7 Authority and 4 Progress. No one took Tradition except me.

Anyone else here actually noticed long loading times during turns?
Weird thing it only gets stuck for a while with some AI and not every turn. Not sure how to figure out what's causing it.

Previous version we played was 12/13 and we never had this happen before.

In case it is still useful feedback (standard/standard/immortal/continents++)-

I'm still in a game using this beta version as Portugal in the Atomic era. I have so much gold that I can't even spend it fast enough (~1000 to 1400 gold per turn and often have stockpiles of like 6 or 7K). I've rush-built every building practically all game (realistically, something like 90% of the buildings were invested in). I'm typically able to upgrade all my units every time I unlock a new tier of unit. I've been rush buying ambassadors when needed, and even rush bought quite a few units because I had the money to do so. I don't even have half of my trade routes going a lot of time because I'm being DoW'd quite frequently, especially by the two monster militant civs (Sweden and Aztecs). My 8 or so cities have built every single building available, even the ones that I settled with pioneers later in the game (usually I have to make difficult choices with which buildings to make).

I'm not sure if this is normal for Portugal or not, or is a symptom of there being just too much gold available and building investment being too cheap. Or maybe my science is too low leading me to have too much time to build things? I'm pretty equal with most of the other civs in tech number though Sweden has begun running away a little bit and is ~6 or so techs ahead of everyone else.

Hm, in my game as Germany I had trouble upgrading my units, buildings were not a problem at all but especially when DOWs destroyed my TR I could upgrade as fast as I researched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom