1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - June 22nd (6/22)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 22, 2017.

1. deimer

deimer Chieftain

Just CP. Wanted to just have improved AI first before trying out VP. It seems since an update in January, a few other people have complained about this. I downloaded the old 12-14 CP version and the AI was declaring wars.

2. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

its a bug. I have it too :( however my civilian units and scouts seem to be fine..

3. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Same for me
    It happened very early in the game. Only with a worker between the 2 first cities (v6-25)
    It's reported on Ghitub. Ilteroi is on it and seems on the way to fix it at the next release

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. nOxr

nOxr Chieftain

I see the same thing with CP. All Civs are very friendly to each other and hardly no wars at all.

5. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Has spearman combat strength been reduced to 10 in this version or in some previous version?

6. 1-CityWonder

1-CityWonder Chieftain

Why does Venice not have the option to raze a city if it no longer belongs to it's original owner? (eg if it was a Greek city conquered by America) When Venice takes these cities, it goes straight to Puppet status. There should be at least a raze or puppet option, and ideally should still be able to return to original owner.

7. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

It's been 10 forever...

8. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Thanks, for some reason I had in my mind for a long time it was 12.

9. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

This suggestion has come up already multiple times and its gotten support every time. Can barbarians not have bonus movement on tundra. Tundra is not rough terrain, they do not need to move 4 spaces, or 8 for horses. It makes starting on tundra even more impossible because as soon as 1 barb finds you, all the neighbors rush over. They move faster than your soldiers and the starting pathfinder is useless at fighting back

Also barbarians on camps are attacking, I don't know if that is on purpose or not

10. Txurce

Txurce Deity

This is another example of potentially gamebreaking rules. Double tundra moves doesn't make the game more challenging, because nothing can be done about it at the beginning, when it counts. There's no reason to have this.

11. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard Warlord

Is it allowed to propose feature requests on Github? Or what would be the ideal place to do this?

Me and my husband often play civilization together with Vox Populi. As our empires grow it is sometimes hard to manage happiness.
    To manage that we often put cities on avoid growth until that city has a low/no unhappiness due to building items.
    It's easy to do this when your empire is small, as you can go through city screens and take a look.
    However if your empire grows big that can become a task.

My husband and I believe that it would be beneficial if you had to option to select or deselect "avoid growth" on the economic overview. It would make managing happiness so much easier.

Any thoughts?

12. Txurce

Txurce Deity

A reasonable request... and this is the place to make it.

13. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

You might already know this, but if your population grows, you get bonus happiness from the same luxury resource. Just hover over the happiness icon and it'll tell you when your next happiness bonus will be.

14. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I almost never avoid growth. All happiness problems come down to player mistakes. The notable one is bad city placement. Sometimes just putting a city in a bad spot makes your city suck forever and be a huge happiness sink. (1 tile island cities are often like this.) These are the only cities it can make sense to halt growth, but I'll normally just burn them and never place them. I don't need happiness religious beliefs to do this either.

So while this is the place to ask, I doubt it will get added (being realistic, not mean) and I'd recommend you just figure out how to keep growing without going past -20 happiness for dozens of turns. (The only number that actually matters)

Owlbebach likes this.
  15. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It might be useful for some players. I don't know if it could be done, as this is mostly a UI request, and our modders don't touch the UI very often.

16. deimer

deimer Chieftain

How do I see about getting this fixed for CP? This seems to be an issue for others and the vanilla AI is not ideal.

17. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Just wait for next version. I think it will be fixed if it need.

18. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,

I'm back. Work and a vacation took me away. Will take me a few days to catch up on things.

G

ashendashin, Mitch.sp, Zymos and 6 others like this.
  19. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Am I misunderstanding a corporation description? Firaxite Materials says that "trade units cannot be pillaged (except as a result of a declaration of war)", yet I keep getting my trade routes pillaged.

20. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Pillaged by barbarians? Major civs can pillage.