New Beta Version - March 2nd (3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way around the forced peace when an AI becomes a voluntary vassal during war like this?
Spoiler You got bamboozled :
CivilizationV_DX11 2021-03-18 12-11-05-498.jpg

Also, Sweden is dope .. never had a bunch of level 9 units.

If you set the ocean amount to none it's close to a pangaea (it'll sometimes put people on larger islands seperated by coast but nothing that requires astronomy).

I do this. Set rifts to narrow and none, low sea levels, and add 2-3 extra AI to compensate for all the extra room. Makes a neat pseudo-pangaea.

Are the positive trade modifiers(diplomacy) and fighting common foes removed in this version? I've given a favorable trade deal(1000+ value) and did a coop war against another civ but there were no changes in opinion/modifiers.

Last edited:
La Venta being a bully. 150 turns later, it still holds these cities as Denmark became voluntary vasal to France (that is on the opposite side of the continent).
I'm loving this "flavor" of gameplay that city-state is able to do this, but so far I've only seen them taking max one city, and usually to not-so militaristic oriented nation, but Denmark...

Attachments

• laventa.png
    laventa.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 150
Are the positive trade modifiers(diplomacy) and fighting common foes removed in this version? I've given a favorable trade deal(1000+ value) and did a coop war against another civ but there were no changes in opinion/modifiers.

A bug was preventing them from functioning properly.

Is it still possible to get a vassal through war?
everytime I'm winning a war, my opponent just becomes a vassal of someone else and I get a forced peace.
this is a bit annoying

Okay one thing thats concerning is that Civs are offering Capitulation to other AI's with large armies without any sort of intimidation. Had Arabia capitulate to Carthage right when Mid age hit and same with napoleon to Washignton. With the case of Napolean to Washington, i was their only other neighbor and I never posed any sort of threat. Seems a little premature for Napolean and also out of character for him to capitulate so casually without warfare inciting it.

First, many thanks for the work on the Community Patch Project. Even if I only use the basic Civ5 patch, the game is improved and more challenging thanks to a better AI and the various fixes.

I have some troubles with the game since a few months though. Things seem to have changed around the summer of 2020.

Each time I install a Community Patch (whatever the version, be it new or old), Civ 5 crashes to desktop when the mod is launched for the first time. This has always been the case though, this is not new.

Since last year, the trade proposal windows are often blank, which means that the AI offers and demands are not seen and that nothing can be selected or unselected in order to reach an agreement. Cleaning the cache seems to solve the bug in the following game, but it does not prevent it to appear again later in another game, the cache needs to be cleaned before setting up a new game. A clean installation of Civ5 didn't help.

The AI Civs starting locations seem to be closer than before. I also have the feeling that the starting location is more generous (more luxury resources) but that there are fewer interesting locations for settling new cities (very few luxuries or the same luxuries as the capital). There is also a regular lack of strategical resources. Almost all my games are played without Iron and Coal, whereas Oil, Uranium and Aluminium are most of the times all lacking in my territory. I am playing tall with 2 or 3 cities and I am thus used to an overall lack of strategical resources, but it seems to be worse since a few months. May be is it more a feeling than a reality but I have started quite a few games and was rather puzzled by the lack of luxury resources beyond my starting location.

Has the map creation and AI placement processes been changed ?

Auberon, have you tried making a fresh install of Civ5 and then a fresh install of VP, with the mods cache cleared?

Something has definitively happened to the AI's Wonder and Religion Competitiveness.

On Immortal, I am bagging wonders much later than I used to. And I used to have a Turn 100 cutoff for religion (aka if I wasn't getting my religion before Turn 100 I had almost no chance to found). Now I can comfortably found by Turn 110, I even founded on Turn 125 one time!

I wonder if its the new AI flavor, if competitiveness in those areas went down?

Something has definitively happened to the AI's Wonder and Religion Competitiveness.

On Immortal, I am bagging wonders much later than I used to. And I used to have a Turn 100 cutoff for religion (aka if I wasn't getting my religion before Turn 100 I had almost no chance to found). Now I can comfortably found by Turn 110, I even founded on Turn 125 one time!

From a devil's advocate perspective: you've mentioned how you're often about as well off not having a religion of your own. And Wonders are fun and sometimes very valuable, but have obvious opportunity costs. Could it be that the decrease in competitiveness in these areas is the reult of an increase in overall efficiency?

I had a similar experience in my previous match but the current one (Emperor) is completely different.
I had the Hanging gardens snatched 2 turns before i'm done at turn 112 EPIC speed (roughly t80 standard speed), Great library/lighthouse/Parthenon were snagged even before i reached classical era.
I have never had an opportunity to build the great wall myself, Oracle was snagged too, Angkor wat was built before i researched any 2nd tier classical era tech and i have founded a religion with COE.
Medieval wonders are no-go too *Besides Haghia Sophia which i beelined ignoring the path i should have pursued as authority Poland*.
Early renaissance wonders are tough but you can get at least one if you try (Chichen itza, Himeji Castle and Globe theatre are always prioritized by the AI .... the poor leaning tower is a free wonder for human player)
It's around the late renaissance era where the AI gets sluggish and slow allwoing me get every single one of T2 renaissance wonders.

I have never had an opportunity to build the great wall myself, Oracle was snagged too, Angkor wat was built before i researched any 2nd tier classical era tech and i have founded a religion with COE.

I have also noticed the rush for the Great Wall, & wonder if the AI beelines it for the reason I do. Never used to get anywhere near it when playing peaceful, but since playing some warmonger rush towards it, mainly to stop others getting it, as it has caused me big trouble in the past. I have noticed other warmongers also getting it, & wonder if they are going for it for same reasons. This is helped by concentrating on lower tech tree. As this is a wonder to help more peaceful countries protect itself, shouldn't it be place higher up the tree to compensate for that. Seems silly where it is.

Okay one thing thats concerning is that Civs are offering Capitulation to other AI's with large armies without any sort of intimidation. Had Arabia capitulate to Carthage right when Mid age hit and same with napoleon to Washignton. With the case of Napolean to Washington, i was their only other neighbor and I never posed any sort of threat. Seems a little premature for Napolean and also out of character for him to capitulate so casually without warfare inciting it.
AI vassalage seem pretty wonky at this time. Had Arabia and Hiawatha become vassals to another civ(without wars) during Classical Era.

I have the second most cities in the world and I am a max supply, and yet I only have 37% Military Power? Pledges are just too tricky late game imo.

45 supply is pretty low though, for having so many cities.

I have the second most cities in the world and I am a max supply, and yet I only have 37% Military Power? Pledges are just too tricky late game imo.

The AI gets supply bonus IIRC, and 45 supply in the industrial era is actually pretty low.
I also noticed you have a knight so probably not all of your units are up to date ?

I have also noticed the rush for the Great Wall, & wonder if the AI beelines it for the reason I do. Never used to get anywhere near it when playing peaceful, but since playing some warmonger rush towards it, mainly to stop others getting it, as it has caused me big trouble in the past. I have noticed other warmongers also getting it, & wonder if they are going for it for same reasons. This is helped by concentrating on lower tech tree. As this is a wonder to help more peaceful countries protect itself, shouldn't it be place higher up the tree to compensate for that. Seems silly where it is.

I think it's fitting that the great wall is unlocked at engineering, sure it's a defensive wonder but it have some offensive uses as well; the free GG, the extra supply are not of no use for a warmonger.

Also i like sticking to how the tech tree currently works; lower half for military units and upper half for Science/Culture.

I think the Great Wall is perfect where it currently is on the tech tree, as it is/was an incredible engineering feat for its time of construction. Sections of the original Great Wall still stand to this very day which is really impressive considering it was made out of nothing other than rammed earth and wood for the plains, stone for the mountain regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom