1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - November 9th (11-9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Galbias

Galbias Chieftain

I always assumed this was intended. Same thing happens with the free Infantry from War Games.

2. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

How do I implement the mentioned but impossible for me to find fix? Or alternatively, where is the file changes have to be implemented in and what are those changes?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. Vastator

Vastator Chieftain

The city strenght one?

Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes

open CoreDefines.sql with notepad(++)

change CITY_RANGED_ATTACK_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER value from 50 to -50

Kleptomayn, Hinin, vyyt and 3 others like this.
  4. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

My appreciations, this is what I wanted

5. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

Cannons seem to be kicking a lot more butt than before....3 shots on a city with 44 strength and it is at 0. Is this intended or am I just muddled in the head and that is the way it has always been?

saamohod likes this.
  6. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

P.S. I did not use Catapults or Trebuchets on any cities in this game.

P.S.P.S. I did not intend to make two posts....

vyyt likes this.
  7. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

If there isn't a code issue, I think it should get some promotions. I end up deleting or using it as a city state gift really often.

Galbias likes this.
  8. nekokon

nekokon Chieftain

Unintended, since they now ignore bonus from wall, but still keep their 100% dmg to city promotion. G and ilteroi just forgot to double check with each other.
    Usually it can be hot fixed quickly, but G is away now so I don't know. I'm currently exploi.. I mean making use of cannons to burst through fortified front too, since the new flanking mechanic makes it so much harder to kill things.

Questdog likes this.
  9. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Chieftain

From what I gather, ilteroi made some changes, and expected G to make some changes to cannon promotions to account for them - but that didn't happen.

So yeah, overpowered cannons. Can you report to Github?

Questdog likes this.
  10. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

Also, is it intended that my Cannons cost the exact same amount to upgrade to Field Guns as it costs to buy a Field Gun?

Erikose and saamohod like this.
  11. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I one hit Gandhi's Tradition capital with a cannon (had siege II). I noticed another problem as well while attacking a 45 defense city with 1 crossbow man. As soon as I upgraded to musket, my ranged dmg on the city grew excessively, and I was able to take it (and kill the garrison) in 2 turns.

I will add that my suspiciously overpowered muskets were upgraded Atlatlists, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Others should definitely notice if something is up with ranged damage on city attack.

12. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

Yes. You upgrade for promotions once you hit Renaissance, or if you have cost modifiers such as the Pentagon.

Questdog likes this.
  13. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

City range combat strength is greatly increased as well. City State oneshoted my Heavy Skirmisher. Is this intended?
    Also, The Huns still have really low chance of capturing, I thought it changed to be 100%? If its my mistake so never mind.
    Spoiler Capture :
    41.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  14. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

This has been mentioned earlier in this thread with a temporary fix you can implement. It is a bug and not intended.

15. saamohod

saamohod Chieftain

Do you mean the upgrade costs less when you enter next era?

16. Grabbl

Grabbl Chieftain

No, he means that in the later game, you're supposed to upgrade only (high-level) units with promotions you want to keep, and rebuild the rest.

17. Vastator

Vastator Chieftain

Are the overpowered cannon so after the promotions? So, could lowering the values of dmg vs cities of these promotions work like a sort of temporary fix?

18. Padre19

Padre19 Chieftain

UPDATE Units SET IgnoreBuildingDefense = '0'.

Kleptomayn and vyyt like this.
  19. Rafs

Rafs Chieftain

I think your captcure chance is based on the strenght of your unit vs the strenght of the enemy units (so trying to take spearmans with horses is harder as they are stronger against you), tried taking some cataphracts from byzanthium with my knights but the chance wasn't all that high, but capturing ranged units of any kind is pretty easy.

20. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Something else that's happening — probably linked to the walls/cannon issue — is that ships are wiping out cities with high defense numbers much faster than before. Has anyone else noticed this? Example: A green, 73-strength defended enemy city. 3 slighlt injured Bombardment 3 cruisers hit it once, followed by a vanguard ironclad, all backed by an admiral. They came within a hair of taking it the first turn... and I didn't have the city surrounded. If it had been, or one more shot by any sort of ship, and it would have fallen in one turn.