1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - November 9th (11-9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. KaoticKanine

KaoticKanine Chieftain

I downloaded the patch and immediately set out to play Mongolia, but I noticed that my Policies and Happiness were off, and I can't view anything in the to right corner except for my Turns and time...
    UI Bug.jpg
    At first, I was playing with a lot of modmods and thought that was the issue, but I started another game with just "Improved City View UI" active alongside VP and still got this. Since "Improved City View" only affects the UI of the city screens, I'm inclined to think this is a bug with the latest VP as a whole. I guess it works fine, I was able to pull up my Policies A-OK, but I would rather this not be the case ^_^;

Just for reference, I'm playing VP with EUI (43 Civs compatible) and I play with DirectX 10 & 11, in case those are important to this bug

EDUT- Nevermind this. Re-installed VP, minus the 43 Civ version, and the top bars are working

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Like that.

3. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Cool, thanks.

Why make an if-then check if I have pre-defined a list of buildings to set as return false? I suppose I could do away with the list and check for something like “if building.NumCityMod > 0 then”, but both seem okay, right?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I guess so. You also forgot to GameEvent.Add

5. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un Chieftain Supporter

Just had AI Rome (King) going Progress and waiting 90 turns before starting to settle secondary cities. They had ample time and space, eventually hitting 6 cities before declaring war on me. I saw plenty of his units wandering about and going for barbs, despite not going authority. I don't know how much his start factored into how everything played out. Everything seemed ok after a while, although he was in last place for score.

6. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Chieftain

Happens to me whenever I switch windows from civ 5 to something else while battle animations and sounds are playing (I play windowed mode). Its been in the game for as long as I remember.

It doesn't happen if you never make civ 5 the active window when the animation is happening.

Questdog likes this.
  7. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

I also put 2 "for"s in there :lol:

Round 2:
    Code:
    function NoUniqueWonders(iOwner, iCity, iConqueror, iBuilding)
        for iBuilding in GameInfo.Buildings() do
            if iBuilding.NumCityCostMod >= 1 then
                return false
            end
        end
            return true
    end

GameEvents.ConquerorValidBuilding.Add(NoUniqueWonders)
    That's more future-proof than specifically listing every possible building.

Update: I ran a test with this code, enabled and disabled. When I disabled it, Rome could capture everything normally. When I enabled it, Rome could not capture anything. Not sure where to begin fixing this, since it doesn't throw up any errors.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. Rafs

Rafs Chieftain

Started a game as The Huns, have to stay the changes to the UA are very welcome, it was nice to be able to use the those meat shields for something this time around without being burdened too much on supply, knowing your are burdening your rival when they kill those low hp "converts", and I had forgotten how strong the horse archer was, you get parthian tactics at level 3 and that's one scary unit. Only thing I wish is the UI could be placed on flat tundras too, would make that terrain a bit more tempting, as when I play the huns I feel going wide is needed for a high supply cap to be able to fully leverage your toolkit.

9. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

Can I fix this myself?

10. JohanBest

JohanBest Chieftain

You could change UPDATE Defines SET Value = '50' WHERE Name = 'CITY_RANGED_ATTACK_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER'; , change the 50 to -50 should work I guess.

File is CoreDefines.sql under Community balance overhaul/balance changes

11. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Yes, I saw a progress Rome with 80 turns 1 city yesterday too. Its reported since several patches, that some warmonger civs going authority are waiting extremly long till they place their secondary cities, but happening with progress too is new.

12. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

That's silly. Following your logic, if there would be no cap, then it would make even less sense to take a belief, because you could never reach the max. You know that removing the cap actually makes the belief strictly stronger, right?

13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

In reality horseman in forests and on hills would still get bonuses too. A tree still blocks attacks whether your on a horse or not. High ground is still valuable whether you are on a horse or not.

The game consciously made a choice that mounted units can’t defend well, which I think is a fine choice...and should be consistently applied.

tu_79 and Rekk like this.
  14. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

The free frigate from treasure fleet does not receive any experience or promotions. Is this intended?

phantomaxl1207 and vyyt like this.
  15. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

You are not following my logic....
    In most games I see, people didnt grow their secondary cities past 25, maybe 30, thats it. If you are not completly isolated, there will be followers of other religions, and you never get those 15 science or hammer and 10 faith or culture, while you realativly easy get 10 gold or 15 food.
    I would give food and gold a flat +3 and +1 for every 2 follower, capped at 16, and the rest get +1 for every 2 follower, capped at 10.
    Food and Gold starts higher and can reach a higher value, but relative similar to the other yields.

16. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

That the AI didn't understand this is a different problem. Does the AI understand that forests do not give defensive bonuses? Why is improved terrain considered to have different types of defensive bonuses than unimproved terrain?

17. Zanteogo

Zanteogo Chieftain

Thanks for this. Hated the massive swing when unlocking a tech. Almost felt punished for researching before.

18. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

So what? If you don't reach max then cap doesn't affect you, which is a good thing, not bad. So the answer to this question: "So why picking a belief which hits its maximum extremly late or never, especially if your on a continent with another religion which decreases your follower?" is: to get yields. You DO get yields BEFORE you reach max. You DON'T get additional yields AFTER...

19. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

Oh, you are still punished, just not all at once....

20. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Report it for me and I’ll take a look. I’m away for the week.

I think the DB update mentioned on the prior page for City damage is the correct fix. Easy for all to do. Sorry! Didn’t notice the change and I didn’t test on that merge until the day of release.

G