New Civ: California Republic

Plexus

Architeuthidae puericomedentis
CIV3Q ONLY [c3c]

I don't care if they only were a country for a little over 1 month. I thought it would be cool to do a civ after my home state.

Leader: Governor Johnson
New leader image: Yes (Republic Flag)
Capital: Sacremento
Special Unit: Californio (2.4.2 +enslavement ability)
New unit animations: No (Musketman)
Civ Abilities: Commercial and Agricultural
New Civilopedia Entries: Yes

[c3c] http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/plxcaliforniamaod3Qv.1.zip

I have to say, that living in the actual town of Sonoma, i must DL this mod.. and may i just add that the "Bear Flag Rebellion" in reality isn't as nearly as cool as they told us it was in grade school...

good work!

Changes in Version 1.02
-Cities: 'Eureka' added
-Leaders: 'Sutter' (man responsible for goldrush) added

You can downlaod it at the top of the page

Reagan's a great leader? What'd he ever do for California as Governer?

Originally posted by Hygro
Reagan's a great leader? What'd he ever do for California as Governer?

I gotta echo that one. Maybe you can replace him with Mario Savio (leader of the Free Speech Movement).

@Hygro/macman- He reformed California's welfare system, and decreased government involvement in the Californian economy, leading to growth. If you want to change it, be my guest.

@Mart- Nope, it uses the Lincoln leaderhead. Maybe if I get interested in this project again, it will, but not now...

when i saw this i thought you ment the New Californian Republic from Fallout 2 :D

I was born in California, and I still live in California, in fact.. I live in the San Fransisco Bay Area.

It'd be much more accurate to place Eureka as capital of California. You might want to add Vallejo to the leader list as well. Sonoma was a small farming community and had no seat in any pre-California Unionization government. It was important though.

You might want to add Vallejo to the leader list as well.

Vallejo helped California out, true ... but wasn't he Mexican?

i'm from California too, and i never knew that we were independant. well if we were today, the USA would have invaded is because we have oil

Sacremento is the CA capital, not Sonoma. you're mod is cool.
________
Arizona medical marijuana dispensary

Reagan did a lot of stuff, but all of it was badfirst of all, he bankrupted our schools so that now they suck, and he did a lot of things that have no good purpose that only ULTRA-conservative idiots want. its an insult to our state to call him a "great" leader. we did elect him as govorner, though.
________
Chrysler dr platform

Originally posted by jamesjkirk
Sonoma was the capital for a short time, it's the place that the Republic was declared
that makes sense. but i never knew it was independant, but now i know.
________
Vaporizers

A couple of suggestions to make it more realistic.
1. Mod workers so they can't cut down forest.
2. Add a new resource called spotted owls. They appear with ecology and if any are in your 21 tile city radius the city is autorazed. :p

Top Bottom