New civ : Dagda's Tears

Is the idea that you keep having to move your capital(since it is the only city that can build new cities and it will eventually run out of tiles that it can get hammers from)?

Seems silly to comment on this stuff before I've tried it, but I'd suggest that you let all of your towns build the new city ritual(can always limit it to 1 being built at a time if you want). I worry about the ai being able to cope with moving their capital all the time, or just getting to the point where they stagnate once they run out of tiles in their capital.

I assume the heart will degrade later on when they start to lose culture, so they will at most degrade down to the lowest level(and a single ring of culture)?

Wow, that's a scary-looking tear.
I think it's smiling at me.... :(

It's wondering about you. :scan:

How are events going to be handled with this civ? I'm assuming the Dagda constellation will give the civ a Golden Age, which helps them a little, I guess. But, would all other events basically end in "Continue."?

Currently, the events have not been customized yet. It will be done later but it currently does not really pose a problem that I experienced, other than flavor.

p.s. There's a monstrous typo in the Capital section of your main post...!

Thanks, corrected. I keep fighthing these but never quite win the fight.

It sounds quite similar to the sand sea idea that's been floating around.

Actually from what I read at the time (while I was already implementing :p) the sand idea was very focus on one being, but here once the Tears start dividing, it's pretty much a big army. But some similarities indeed.

Good to see proactive action. Maybe you'll inspire some others too.

The more the better. The way I got my inspiration too (from FF and FF+)

Is the idea that you keep having to move your capital(since it is the only city that can build new cities and it will eventually run out of tiles that it can get hammers from)?

Exactly. But on normal speed, you can keep the capital in on place for some times before changing.

Seems silly to comment on this stuff before I've tried it, but I'd suggest that you let all of your towns build the new city ritual(can always limit it to 1 being built at a time if you want). I worry about the ai being able to cope with moving their capital all the time, or just getting to the point where they stagnate once they run out of tiles in their capital.
I assume the heart will degrade later on when they start to lose culture, so they will at most degrade down to the lowest level(and a single ring of culture)?

Actually, once the culture of a city goes down low after having going up, the city is destroyed :) (through python that is).

For the IA it may be a problem while of course for the moment I play the civ, not the IA yet.
The autoworker handles the improvement correctly, but it is true the capital moving issue may be a problem.
However the capital will be destroyed and so the palace should move automatically. Also I will investigate how to make a ritual one-built-at-a-time.

You want these tags:

Code:
            <iMaxGlobalInstances>1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
            <iCooldown>30</iCooldown>

The cooldown will reset the globalinstances. Doesn't allow it instantly after building one, but it does a good job of reducing city-spam...

Thanks. But I wonder whether the IA will choose the best city for the ritual (best production) or any city. I'll have to check it out.

We have to understand that it is the only way to create a new city.

just a little thought. The trait that makes them always at war. You should name it "Monstrous" rather than "Monsters"

it's more grammatically correct, and looks better. :)

"monsters" is a plural noun, of "monster"
"monstrous" is an adjective, which you'd use to describe a monster. eg, "that monster is monstrous", or more realistically, "that <giant thing> is monstrous". Indicating that it has the traits of a monster.

And an adjective is generally what you want, as pretty much all other trait names are like that. Though some {conqueror, warlord) are also proper nouns.

just a little thought. The trait that makes them always at war. You should name it "Monstrous" rather than "Monsters"

it's more grammatically correct, and looks better. :)

As good as done :)
Thanks for the suggestion.

OK, I now have a 0.51 working version.
I will work on the missing text keys and icons before release of the first impression version.

So we have the Tears raping Erebus for all it's worth, Auric turning Erebus to ice until he becomes Ascended, Hyborem turning the world to hell as best he can, and the Sheim just trying to destroy everything. I like the multiple story lines of Apocolypse

So we have the Tears raping Erebus for all it's worth, Auric turning Erebus to ice until he becomes Ascended, Hyborem turning the world to hell as best he can, and the Sheim just trying to destroy everything. I like the multiple story lines of Apocolypse

Same here, sure sucks to be a good civ right about now. Also...don't share any binoculars with Dagda, that is one skanky looking tear!

Same here, sure sucks to be a good civ right about now. Also...don't share any binoculars with Dagda, that is one skanky looking tear!

On another side, It fell a lot long way before reaching Erebus ... It can change a Tear such shocking experience.

:sarcasm:Yes, just what we need, another way to end all life in Erebus...:sarcasm: All joking aside, this looks like it's going to be great:)

Now I truly can be, the king of slimes, molds and jellies.

It sounds quite similar to the sand sea idea that's been floating around.

Primary difference here though, is someone doing it, rather than just coming up with ideas :D

Good to see proactive action. Maybe you'll inspire some others too.

Yeah, it does sound similar to my Sand Sea idea. I'm glad you are making a similar civ as I won't be modding any time soon. I look forward to trying it out.

Yeah, it does sound similar to my Sand Sea idea. I'm glad you are making a similar civ as I won't be modding any time soon. I look forward to trying it out.

I childishly feel annoy when you say it is similar :)
But I'll wait to release the first version to show how different I think it actually is.

I don't think bareland should have a movement penalty, or be unable to build there.

Flat, empty rock, actually makes a pretty good walking surface.

It should probably have a defense penalty due to the lack of cover though

I childishly feel annoy when you say it is similar :)
But I'll wait to release the first version to show how different I think it actually is.

Sorry, I only mean similar as far as it being a "monster" that grow and absorbs things as opposed to being an actual civ of people.

Your idea is unique and plus mine won't be made so yours will be the only one even remotely like it.

No problem.

Actually added the first 100 turns of a game in first posts to give a clearer idea of how they fare.

Still working on buttons before release.

Not only do you talk the talk, you also, in fact, walk the walk.

Looking forward to seeing this implemented in Fall Further or Fall Further+!

Top Bottom