New Civ: Romania

What's the verdict? Should I upload this?

Well personally I am happy with what you have done so my vote is yes. :D As soon as it is avaliable I will grab it and finish that armor and find a relevent bg to fit with Mihai, then the cv will be complete and I can finally release it! :D

Being unfamiliar with Romanian History, Im not sure if this is "acceptable", but in the last few weeks ive been toying with different leaders, one in particular was Vlad the Impaler. who I thought "might" work as a leader for Romania.

its nowhere close to being done, but just out of curiocity, would you want to use him if/when I finished?

If you can get a good Vlad Tepes LH for this mod, I would love to add this mod to my current project (see sig for details).

If you can get a good Vlad Tepes LH for this mod, I would love to add this mod to my current project (see sig for details).

As I have said previously Im not in any rush to add Vlad Tepes to this mod. If someone does a Leaderhead I MIGHT consider adding him but that will all depend on how busy I am with work, and any other projects I have going, and I have a couple planned ;) Personally I dont want to turn this mod into a stereotypical view on Romania. peronally I love the country and while I have no real relation to the country outside of my gf I find the history of this part of the world facinating. To that measure Vlad Tepes is a reletively minor player in Wallachian history when compared with Mihai Viteazul, who will be included in this new version of the mod. I realise that Vlad is a very popula subject when it comes to leaders on these forums (as yet i fail to see why:confused: ) but as I said Im trying very hard to avoid a stereo typical view of Romania. But we will see

Aranor

FINALLY!!!!
The Warlords version is finally ready and uploaded! I hope you all enjoy. See the first post for the download

We now introduce Mihai Viteazul as the second Romanian leader. His traits are Charismatic and Aggressive, and he favors the Vassalage civic.

The UU is still the Vanatori de Munte, however now it replaces the Marine.
Strength: 25
Cost: 160 hammers
+25% hills attack
+50% attack vs artillery
+50% attack vs machine gun
free guerilla I promotion

The UB is the Armuarie, it replaces the Forge.

There is also a new addition of some flavour units to give the Romanians some character throughout the game.

The only problem that I know of at this point is that the UB does not have any new graphics. I will update as I have new graphics.

Special thanks to WYZ_sub10 for his amazing flag and help with the Leaderhead, Rabbit,White for his work with some of the flavour units ( most notably the Falxman). Mitiu Ioan for all his help with historical information. Too all who helped I say thanks!:goodjob: :king:
Happy Downloading everyone. As always comments welcome! :goodjob:

As I have said previously Im not in any rush to add Vlad Tepes to this mod.

No rush... just when you get around to it. That's all.

I've just tried your warlords version and I must say that it's a great. Great Job:goodjob: :goodjob: . Thank you for finally releasing it!!!!!:thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

Thank you. Glad you like it :D Its taken me longer than I would have liked to get this to a point where I was happy with it but now finally I am here :D

out of curiosity, is that the Mamikonian LH i made along with Sid Meier's culture beret?

the only part of Mihai that I borrowed from other sources is the armor pattern and color. And that did come from Mamikonian yes. Otherwise they are all orginal. I was alittle dissapointed with how close they looked as I didnt want to have them so similar and drawing the same conclusions. :(

no, i think its great!:goodjob:

I made that LH, so I'd know how it looks...i'm not sure others will

I like the way you added the beret to look like a cap, I would have never thought of that!!:goodjob:

I like the way you added the beret to look like a cap, I would have never thought of that!!:goodjob:

I got the beret from the Iloveplayciv's Saddam leaderhead. Flipped it around, enlarged it, and re-coloured it.

:eek: this is something new !!! very interesting...

i'll go to find my civ cds now.

thanks for making a romanian civ. many thanks.

to the author - i have some pictures, sounds, material about dacians, if your are interested.

thanks again ! :goodjob:

Top Bottom