New Game- random leader:Roosevelt

OH..when I say Ulundi takes make copper, switch Plain hill mine citizens to copper. Again you should have 21 hammers going into settler this turn.

and ask questions at any point before you play or after, but make sure you understand what I saying at each point.

edit: My calc explanation on alpha was totally flurbed due to me rushing. What I meant is at current rate it takes 18 turns to alpha, but you don't have enough gold at -5 deficit as that would require at least 90 gold, so you want to max gold a turn or 2.

ok..checkin'

Joe - Play the turn over. You did not switch plains hill to copper mine last turn.

also, switch research to 0%

great! Ok...now comes the fun stuff and I really need you to pay attention. (I'm going to post a link for you to read up on in a bit after this to practice whip mechanics on your own)

So, take a look at these screenshots:

First, look at the production bar in the top center of the city screen. My mouse course is hovered over it - you can't see the cursor- but you can see the text showing that you have 21 total production in a 100H setter:

Spoiler :

Now, look at the same screen. Now I'm hovered over the numbers to the left of the production bar thought shows "base" and total production of the city currenlty:

Spoiler :

As you can see, your city is currently producing 21H per turn into settler production as a combination of food and production tiles worked.

I must ask, you do know that workers and settlers are built with both food and hammers, right? Just making sure.

I want you to confirm that you have reviewed the above information and understand it, or otherwise let me know if you have any questions before proceeding to the next point I want to discuss

Ack!!!!

sorry, I posted the wrong screenshot for the 2nd pic:

here you go:

Spoiler :

Yes. I know that cities stop growing when producing workers/settlers.

I don't see any difference in the two screenshots, though.

see above..oops;)

Yes. I know that cities stop growing when producing workers/settlers.

good, and cities stop growing because food is used in addition to hammers to produce settlers and workers. So say a 6 food corn tile is giving you more production for a worker than say a 5 food rice tile, just as an example.

Ok..good. I'm going through this process slow and methodically so that you grasp the concept so bear with me.

Now, see the following two screenshots from the same turn.:

Spoiler :

Above, you see that I have changed the copper tile to a 2F1H forest tile. Now your total current production is 18H as you can see at the left of the production bar. (I'll explain why I did this next post)

First I just want you to note the information on the screenshot as I hover over the "Whip" button at the bottom right of the city screen:

Spoiler :

2 important things to note from that info: You city can whip 3 citizens for the Settler and it will provide 11H of overflow.

Please let me know if you understand or have question about the above info

great. Now I want you to play another turn and post.

1) Make the tile adjustment I described above. Check your city's production to make sure you are only putting 18h this turn into settler

2) Rest is pretty straight forward. Umma could take copper for 1 turn, but I'd rather this city grow for now. Axe is not urgent so I would queue up Library for now - you want one in this city for sure

3) 2Workers SW of Nob can tag team on making a connection to the road you see in Mongol land. That will give you foreign trade routes in 2 turns yay!

ok..check back next turn

:confused: Joe, you just played 2 turns. Why did you do that?

sorry, guess I should have been clear. Just complete current turn>hit end turn and stop. sorry

awesome! So you ready for the magic, Joe! :)

Top Bottom