1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hotfix Version - April 24th (4/24)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 24, 2018.

1. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

The AI probably isn't good enough at figuring out what those situations are.

2. ridjack

ridjack King

Fair enough! I don't always like losing my pantheon, but it would seem a bit strange to get angry about it since it's going to happen eventually unless you're Boudicca. I think she could maybe keep that concept; would it be possible for her to have a unique diplo message to prevent confusion if that happened?

3. pza

pza Prince

Spoiler :
    1.jpg

good to see the ai effective in offensive war again. good to see zulu still viable in early wars.

4. ridjack

ridjack King

He hasn't founded. The UI shows if they have:

upload_2018-4-25_15-51-2.png

(Order of the Illuminati is my religion.)

But why? You can't convert it back, and unless you're Boudicca or very isolated you have no chance of keeping it.

Attached Files:

Grabbl likes this.
  5. theMisterRud

theMisterRud Chieftain

Just wanted to check: does Mongolia start with a bias towards not having city-states nearby ? I started 5-6 games and I didn't get city-state in my continent (either that, or very few)

Is it a bug perhaps ? (I set up my games on large with the maximum available number of CS, never had this problem before)

6. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Poor Assyria...

Is he still considered too weak? I never want to play him because he gives a lot of science but no culture or production, which really hurts.

7. ridjack

ridjack King

I've never found that description to be especially clear. IIRC it says something like, "Has a unique set of pantheon beliefs that nobody else can benefit from." I'd actually assumed "nobody else can benefit from" was referring to the fact that all of her pantheons add bonuses to her UB, which obviously no other civ can obtain.

8. ridjack

ridjack King

I never found him weak. Particularly if you're on the warpath, you can essentially ignore your science infrastructure entirely, which would indirectly let you work on the things you mentioned.

Plus Siege Towers are f^$#ing incredible.

9. raphaell666

raphaell666 Chieftain

I think that "Has a unique set of Pantheon Beliefs that no one else can benefit from." is reasonably clear that no one else can benefit from the Pantheon itself. It does not even mention the UB, not sure why you related it to this. That no one else can benefit from the UB is a given, only her civ can build it after all.

pineappledan likes this.
  10. ridjack

ridjack King

Eh, sometimes I'm not a smart man. Just putting my thoughts out there.

11. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Maybe decrease religion pressure? On large/huge maps it is awesome, 100+ without any religion enhance for that.

12. Infixo

Infixo Deity

13. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

My last game with Mongolia had 2 CS pretty close to my starting location. The only time I can remember having no CS on my continent is when I used the ContinentsPlus map type.

vyyt likes this.
  14. CppMaster

CppMaster King

It's because "Plus" suffix means that CS will be on islands.

vyyt likes this.
  15. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Yep, moreover, there is no such thing as a no-city-states-nearby starting bias.

16. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I did it yesterday, it’s jefe branch (didn’t want to overwrite the savegame incompatible stuff.).

raphaell666 likes this.
  17. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Are you going to include it into master eventually? Or will it abandoned and the next version will be based on the current master?

18. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I will, minus the temp fix to kStream in CvTeam. I just wanted 4-20-5 our for those who need the source.

raphaell666 and Infixo like this.
  19. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

The gold AI offers for luxuries should be toned down or the worth of luxuries should be back to where it was. They offer me 5-8 GPT for a luxury in ancient era when it's worth just 1 happiness for them - there's no way this is ever worth it for them, they strengthen me way more than they possibly gain themselves unless a CS wants the luxury. Come medieval, sure, 1 happiness (unless they exceed +10 happiness) can increase their yields by a bit if they've got a big empire and I'd understand that as an offer, but before 1-2 GPT is the most an AI should give unless they're Netherlands/have luxury pantheon.

saamohod likes this.
  20. CppMaster

CppMaster King

Don't different resources give more gold in trade routes?