1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

new patch is on its way: 1.0.1.275, released April, 28th

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by snipperrabbit!!, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

In 2K Greg's statement, he said they were working on another balancing patch.

2. baldfalk

baldfalk Warlord

Hooray.

On the note of achievements, at the moment you can win the Mongol scenario on Deity by simply having the highest score at the end of 100 turns, as opposed to conquering 8 Civs. Assuming that's being fixed (as according to patch notes) and but balance pass isn't made on the scenario, now's a good time to cheese it for those who are so inclined for pointless stats on a Steam page no one cares about.

3. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

I just wish they'd do a script fix for Ramkhamhaeng, I'm getting tired of him saying hello every time I ask him what he thinks of a deal...

4. MqsTout

MqsTout Warlord

Still no "Bugfix: Removed Steamworks from newly pressed retail copies."

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Because it's not a bug, and will never be removed. It is the form of DRM that was chosen for the game.

Be glad it's not worse, something easily possible.

6. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Please DO NOT turn this into a discussion about Steam...it has nothing to do with the upcoming patch.

7. jojorah

jojorah Prince

Thanks for the update, seems a little thin though but its a little step in the right direction

8. Save_Ferris

Save_Ferris Admiring Myself

Thin? I'd say that the last patch was thin.

9. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

No rebalancing/new features, which is somewhat disappointing, but the last patch had a lot of those changes. If the AI tweaks in this patch do some good, that'll be plenty. Don't really care about crash/bug fixes cause I haven't run into any crashes and few bugs, but I hope they fix the bugged achievements for the scenarios. I still have a save from the Polynesia scenario so I can beat it again, since beating it last time gave me the wrong achievement.

10. jojorah

jojorah Prince

What i meant by thin is that well compare the catigorys to a body or something. A person can not work right on one type of food or what ever. Lets pretend that protein is tactical ai, theres a lot of it, but the protein would be useless if it wasnt ballenced with something else like dairy. Yah the comparision dosnt work i know but still...

11. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I'm looking foward to what the 'much requested feature' is.

12. spfun

spfun King

wish they'd speed up Air units battle animations, they take far to long & make the endgame really boring. Who wants to watch 10 AI fighters attack some other AI every time you press enter. & who wants to wait 30seconds evertime you send a bomber on a run. SPEED IT UP!

as to patch notes, looks good. Few good changes and several bug fixes not mentioned though. Also not looking foward to waiting 3 months for research pacts to be balanced... oh well.

13. Dale

Dale Deity

The much-requested addition is of course the console/phone/tab version. :)

14. Marsoups

Marsoups Chieftain

Agreed. I wish we could disable at peace ai turns like in civ4, my last game i had to sit through augustus bombing monty with his 15 or so planes every turn. Ugh. Oh and please fix the city governor starvation issue.

In any case patch is a nice surprise. Looking forward to it.

15. Save_Ferris

Save_Ferris Admiring Myself

/Board game/Movie/TV show/song/food chain. And by last patch I meant the Korean one :lol:

16. spicytimothy

spicytimothy Warlord

So many patches! I'm glad they are still actively improving the game :)

17. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Now THAT is interesting! With this modders can easily store code blocks in xml, load it into lua, and run the code. Since xml is fully modular it's much easier to achieve inter-mod compatibility (without any worries about multithreading issues caused by "contexts").

18. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

Yeah, I can go for this. They are sllllooooow as can be. It's obnoxious.

19. nukehumvee

nukehumvee Warlord

One question remains:
    Will it be available for EVERYONE or only the Steamers?
    I bought Civ V through retail and I missed out on so many nice patches and downloads.

Moderator Action: if you bought the game, you know that it is steam exclusive and even the retail version works through steam - so all patches were available to all customers

The thead has already been warned to not make this a Steam discussion and I'd strongly recommend heading the warning going forward.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

20. Mesopotamian

Mesopotamian Warlord

Great news