New Reactions

This forum have an awards when we achieve certain number of likes, will be a reward for each kind of reaction emoji?

Do you want to be rewarded if someone is angry about your post?

Can reactions be applied to moderator actions?

Hmmm. Unlike Discord, CFC does not allow the full range of smileys to be added as reactions.

I'd support that if I agreed with the concept of having Facebook-like reactions.

They have been in the past. I'd be careful which ones you choose to use though. :think:
To avoid any confusion, can you specify which of the 6 are unacceptable?

To avoid any confusion, can you specify which of the 6 are unacceptable?
As with everything, it depends upon how you use them. Certainly, laughing at mod text is not a good idea, whether it be the message itself or the fact that someone had mod text applied to their post.

If it were up to me I would avoid reacting to mod text, but I am not going to create rules that aren't there. If you react in a way that appears to be trolling someone, I'm sure you will hear from staff.

We continue to evaluate and discuss whether we will change the reactions.

Do you want to be rewarded if someone is angry about your post?
In my opinion the "angry-not-like button" at CFC should disappear.

Per example, when a modder creates wonderful ancient Civ 3 city graphics, but every time without city walls for the biggest old cities, this makes me angry, as this otherwise brilliant work is spoiled by that error for my mods. When I explain it politely why I don´t use this otherwise great work, this is o.k. and has no danger of an insult. When somebody sets only an "angry-not-like button" under every city graphic that is posted, this becomes completely destructive and I don´t think, that this is in the sense of CFC.

Please don´t forget, that at CFC there are not only discussions, but also a lot of creative work, that with simply posting an "angry-not-like button" under the download, can be discriminated. Even in discussions there should be used arguments and not only this kind of negative buttons. If these negative buttons at CFC should stay, there must be some reflections, when these negative-button-setting is becoming trolling.

In my opinion at CFC only positive "like-buttons" should be allowed.

In my irrelevant and humble opinion, I can see how a reaction would be seen as PDMA.. So safer just not to react. Even a 'positive' emote could be inferred as trolling whom the mod action was taken against for example.

Per example, when a modder creates wonderful ancient Civ 3 city graphics, but every time without city walls for the biggest old cities, this makes me angry, as this otherwise brilliant work is spoiled by that error for my mods. When I explain it politely why I don´t use this otherwise great work, this is o.k. and has no danger of an insult. When somebody sets only an "angry-not-like button" under every city graphic that is posted, this becomes completely destructive and I don´t think, that this is in the sense of CFC.

Please don´t forget, that at CFC there are not only discussions, but also a lot of creative work, that with simply posting an "angry-not-like button" under the download, can be discriminated. Even in discussions there should be used arguments and not only this kind of negative buttons. If these negative buttons at CFC should stay, there must be some reflections, when these negative-button-setting is becoming trolling.

I am well aware that there is creative work here, as I host occasional writing competitions in the Arts & Entertainment subforum in the Colosseum (though it's been a long while since the last one), and Zkribbler had a writing thread in which he and I bounced ideas around for both our writing projects. As well, the DYOS folks are now residing in A&E and have posted their work.

I do prefer to use my words in discussions (with the help of a few smileys, for added emphasis or displays of humor).

The last couple of times I used the angry emote was in the case of a white supremacist who's been posting a bunch of toxic stuff in two threads in OT. I used my words to the point where I had no more to post without risking an infraction for excessively angry words, so I let the frowny face say it for me.

In my irrelevant and humble opinion, I can see how a reaction would be seen as PDMA.. So safer just not to react. Even a 'positive' emote could be inferred as trolling whom the mod action was taken against for example.
There's been discussion as to whether dropping "likes" on posts that contain mod text is PDMA or not. The question is whether the "liker" liked the post before it got dinged, or whether the 'like' is for the moderator action. Only the time stamp can verify the former. If the 'like' is posted after the moderator action, only that person can say for sure what their motivation was. It can, and has, led to some very angry words.

(I wonder which modder that might be :D )
I do agree with your view and suggestion (only positive reactions allowed - not sure if the laugh can be only available in some subforums, eg humor, though personally I find it useful for non-ironic cases where you are laughing with something; trolling use is banal already)

Last edited:
We have been discussing reactions and plan to remove all reactions. The only thing we will leave is the like button with the small blue thumbsup icon.

We have been discussing reactions and plan to remove all reactions. The only thing we will leave is the like button with the small blue thumbsup icon.
I like the reactions, plz don't remove it

After receiving honest laughter and expressions of sadness that are appropriately offered, I don't have the impression that anyone has trolled me with these (anyone who has recently has used other means). Any reactions of laughter, sadness, anger, etc. I've posted have been sincere (and the person who received the frowny face earned it;).

People use these to troll on FB, but I haven't seen that kind of behavior here. I would like to request that they be kept.

Top Bottom