Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion:

If Civ A is Afraid of Civ B, then Civ A should never ask the "your troops are on my border do you intend to attack?" question.

Instead Civ A should immediately build as many Melee units as possible.

If Civ A is Afraid of Civ B, then Civ A should never ask the "your troops are on my border do you intend to attack?" question.

It can be clever strategy. The attacker must back down or else get hit before it's ready.
E.G. When one civ (Civ B) is gathering troops on a border prior to starting a war, the defender (Civ A) can get preemptive and strike first by forcing Civ B to declare war while it's the defender's move.
Or the challenge question can cause the planned attacker (Civ B) to back down and peace out for a few turns.

Last edited:
Has anyone frecvent CTD during AI turn in this version?
Yes. For me every game CTD between 90 and 110 turns on AI turn. I cannot identify the root cause unfortunately. Rolling back to the last stable version is my only option to play the mod

how do I change the civ workable borders from 3 to 5 tiles? i dont see custom mod tables in the mod files anymore?

(1) Community Patch/Core Files/Core Tables/CustomModOptions.xml

Thanks for answering, what part of the code do i change to get the 5 workable tiles? Sorry I'm not very tech savvy. I see this in the code:
<!-- Permit cities to work tiles up to MAXIMUM_ACQUIRE_PLOT_DISTANCE - WARNING! Cities take 2.5 times as much memory/file space (v19) -->
<!-- See also: "Global - City Working Distance" -->
<Row Class="6" Name="GLOBAL_CITY_WORKING" Value="0" DbUpdates="1"/>
but dont know what values to change, can you please assist me?

I also noticed there are a lot of picknmix mods I have individually downloaded which are included in the CustomModOptions, should I also disable them and use the ones included in vox populi, would that reduce crashing or mod conflicts?

Thanks for answering, what part of the code do i change to get the 5 workable tiles? Sorry I'm not very tech savvy. I see this in the code:
<!-- Permit cities to work tiles up to MAXIMUM_ACQUIRE_PLOT_DISTANCE - WARNING! Cities take 2.5 times as much memory/file space (v19) -->
<!-- See also: "Global - City Working Distance" -->
<Row Class="6" Name="GLOBAL_CITY_WORKING" Value="0" DbUpdates="1"/>
but dont know what values to change, can you please assist me?

I also noticed there are a lot of picknmix mods I have individually downloaded which are included in the CustomModOptions, should I also disable them and use the ones included in vox populi, would that reduce crashing or mod conflicts?
UPDATE CustomModOptions SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'GLOBAL_CITY_WORKING';

Couple of issues i have noticed in my latest game.

In one of my wars my supply cap kept flip flopping between 80ish to 60ish, even within the same turn. As far as i could tell the amount of change was the amount i would lose to war weariness like it was calculating war weariness at some points and then not at others.
On a similar note, although this wasn't extensively recorded the unhappiness from war weariness seemed to keep changing, one example with it going from 25 to 12 and then back again. This was during a long conquest war with a single civ, no other wars (not due to peace deals) and no city liberations.

As i am playing a wide warmonger game with a lot of territory it has become very noticable that i am not getting notifications when a resource is revealed and it is present in my territory so you have to manually search if and where those newly revealed resources are.

Just about to move into the atomic era and noticed no civ is able to offer protection to city states as apparently nobody has a large enough military, including myself who has the largest military currently.

Reported yields for expending great people and for tributing city states seem to be inaccurate which i am assuming is possibly because i play epic/huge and scaling is not taken into account until after it happens. Last night i got a great artist and needed 4000 points for my next golden age and it said i would gain 2000 an something if expended but i got enough to get the golden ages. i.e. over 4000. I also tributed a cultural city state last night which said it would give me 580ish culture and i got over 1300 from it. I think the tribute in particular is a long standing one as this is my first time i tributed in a long time as the yields it says i would get seem pointless to bother doing so and i only asked for tribute to annoy their ally but will the actual amount i received seems more like worth doing for the tribute itself.

On a good note, really like the new information available regarding religious build up in citys. Having the actual figures allows you to see if it is worth using a inquisitor or if a missionary will do or which cities would best benefit from a great profit. It also shows you if it is even plausible to flip someone elses city and to work out how many missionaries you need to send.

Also liking the updated diplomacy buffs for the world congress and the increased ability to make/keep friends by voting tactically and how much of an impact it makes.

Last edited:
Couple of issues i have noticed in my latest game.

In one of my wars my supply cap kept flip flopping between 80ish to 60ish, even within the same turn. As far as i could tell the amount of change was the amount i would lose to war weariness like it was calculating war weariness at some points and then not at others.
On a similar note, although this wasn't extensively recorded the unhappiness from war weariness seemed to keep changing, one example with it going from 25 to 12 and then back again. This was during a long conquest war with a single civ, no other wars (not due to peace deals) and no city liberations.

Can confirm. Exactly the same conditions - war with a single civ, supply changing by around 5 and then back to what it was. I was fighting in my own territory for a very very long time, so my war weariness was pretty low.

Can confirm. Exactly the same conditions - war with a single civ, supply changing by around 5 and then back to what it was. I was fighting in my own territory for a very very long time, so my war weariness was pretty low.
This is already on github with ticket?

No.
I haven't picked up on any patterns.
All I know is that several times, as I'm doing something else, supply would drop from like 35 to 30.
Then the same thing would happen a turn later or several turns later.
When did it get back to 35 from 30? That I haven't noticed.

Bugs not reported on Github will likely not be addressed.

Bugs not reported on Github will likely not be addressed.

What about suggestions? One big suggestion from me would be more World Congress proposals. It always boils down to sanctioning the big civs, then sphere of influencing everything and decolonizing everything. Can't we have more proposals that actually are situational? Something like "Mountain travel" that will help me win against a civ that is surrounded by mountains and vice versa, or "Repair project", where a civ gets all their tiles repaired, "Closed waters" where nobody is allowed to access ocean tiles until the proposal is repealed, interesting stuff like that that make me consider more than just the obvious.
As far as I can see there are zero mods that do this as well.

The other thing is AI diplomacy, it sucks that I constantly have to keep track if my denouncement of certain far-away civs is still active, because otherwise my neighbor flips and is suddenly hostile, mentions I'm a "bully" even though I've never done anything like that (even though our only red relationship is coveting lands and divergent social policies and while the transparent diplomacy says it's only 12 points in the red, while us fighting together in a war and supporting world congress votes account for +120) and so I have to reload a turn back, denounce someone he hates, and we're all hunky dory again!

Another huge thing we need is the ability of joining wars. It happens that a weak player and a very strong player are fighting, and I want to join the war and save the weak, but I'd have to enter the weak players' lands (it's almost impossible otherwise). As long as the losing players' war score is low enough, even if they hate me or are sanctioned, they should allow me to enter their lands to intervene against the strong player if they believe my military is strong enough. Like a temporary alliance!

A huge quality of life change, but I suppose this would be hard to implement, is recommendations for pantheon and religion beliefs so I don't have to read through all of them necessarily. It can happen that one belief is just incredible good and I don't notice it. But then again by now I've memorized them all so it doesn't really matter.

More land customization. If you're behind and want to catch up it might be good to beeline for certain techs. Say I'm doing a one-city-challenge. I built all buildings. My only options are food focus with farming production, which only gives me a citizen every 15 turns (my city has 64 citizens), not worth it, public works is also maxed out efficiency. I can do research focus with research production, this gives me only 5% faster research time, not worth it. The only useful production is war units, and I don't want to play war since this would give more cities. I think a great option would be if I could produce either a very expensive unit, or very expensive building which can one-use change a water tile into land, so I have more space for great people improvements for example. Or maybe some way to increase the city to 4 tiles range?

Tech purchase indicators. Next to each civ on the bar on the right you can see which luxuries they offer and you have excess of. What if you could show symbols for techs you can sell or buy as well? I find myself having to go through every civ every turn and check their technology tab and that's just painful for my wrists.

Another issue I found is a spy being able to constantly sabotage your capital's building project (by the way it seems other players' spies only target your capital for some reason) This means that if you're building a constabulary that's done in 7 turns and it keep getting delayed back to 7 when it almost hits 2 turns. Declaring war against the spy's owner doesn't do anything, putting one of my spies in the city doesn't do anything, I'm just stuck, which is a softlock especially in one-city games.

The final and most critical thing is how the AI is broken on maps with lots of water. I love playing on archipelago maps but the ai is constantly randomly declaring war and not showing up at all. The same goes for land maps with city-states inbetween. The ai does not even try to do anything most of the time, while attacking can sometimes be a major pain. I've had a scenario where I had 21 stealth bombers and 7 tanks lose against an AI with field guns and great war infantry that kept re-appearing out of nowhere. I'd clear about 4-6 units each turn and they'd all get refilled constantly for 18 turns straight.

The final and most critical thing is how the AI is broken on maps with lots of water. I love playing on archipelago maps but the ai is constantly randomly declaring war and not showing up at all. The same goes for land maps with city-states inbetween. The ai does not even try to do anything most of the time, while attacking can sometimes be a major pain. I've had a scenario where I had 21 stealth bombers and 7 tanks lose against an AI with field guns and great war infantry that kept re-appearing out of nowhere. I'd clear about 4-6 units each turn and they'd all get refilled constantly for 18 turns straight.
What do you mean by "refilled"? The hexes the units are moving into?

Recently came back to VP after a year or so away.

I gotta say, while the new espionage system is interesting and engaging in concept, the complete elimination of production by spies is antifun in the extreme. This feels like a feature that needs a serious balance pass.

Code:
DELETE FROM CityEventChoices WHERE Type = 'ESPIONAGE_EVENT_CHOICE_ECONOMIC_PRODUCTION';

What about suggestions? One big suggestion from me would be more World Congress proposals. It always boils down to sanctioning the big civs, then sphere of influencing everything and decolonizing everything. Can't we have more proposals that actually are situational? Something like "Mountain travel" that will help me win against a civ that is surrounded by mountains and vice versa, or "Repair project", where a civ gets all their tiles repaired, "Closed waters" where nobody is allowed to access ocean tiles until the proposal is repealed, interesting stuff like that that make me consider more than just the obvious.
As far as I can see there are zero mods that do this as well.

Notice that as well. The AI has become smarter with the World Congress, but it also means it's become way more predictable.

Sphere of Influence is annoying because it just snowballs a civ that is already on the path of a diplomatic victory. It means you just can't sit back and have to make the call to start attacking to stop it civ. So it's sort of a good annoying I guess.

Now that the AI will gang vote a civ with vassals with Liberation now means taking vassals as a war civ is much less appealing. On the fence on this, would rather Liberation only remove a single vassal rather than all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom