Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, good, I thought it was just me who had the resources list not expanded, I was like "tf?"
I seem to have noticed spies not being able to do almost anything at all in foreign cities, is this bug fixed or was this intentional from the start? (could only do increase surveillance)

Citystates again revokes quests again when they join war against you, this was removed a number of patches ago but is back again, making it bad to work on CS quests.
Is this how it now is?

Citystates again revokes quests again when they join war against you, this was removed a number of patches ago but is back again, making it bad to work on CS quests.
Is this how it now is?

I noticed it to. It's somewhat annoying when it's a capture this or that city and that city belongs to the same empire that is the ally of the city so it cancels the quests as soon as you declare (or get declared on). I guess you just have to sort of work around it like first becoming their ally (or at least make sure the quest target isn't the ally).

I kind of like it tho over all as it makes the city-state quests a bit more exciting. I don't think it's more annoying then before like even if the quest was there before you couldn't get the reward as long as you were at war and you sometimes got the feeling that the AI declared war on you to prevent you from winning quests.

I played "always war" on 2.3.version and I think, the AI acted strangely
- Major Civs produced a lot of useless diplomatic units.
View attachment 632307 View attachment 632308
- When CS were attacked (by me or AI) their troops ran far away or lined up behind the city.
View attachment 632309 View attachment 632317
- Denmark AI as well
View attachment 632316

It was my first AW for a very long time, so I don't know whether that has been their usual/ intended behaviour lately. If so, has that been changed for 2.4.ver?

Both bugs, please report on Github.

City-states can offer quests for units but then not be able to accept the unit cause they are at their unit limit.

Will fix.

I noticed it to. It's somewhat annoying when it's a capture this or that city and that city belongs to the same empire that is the ally of the city so it cancels the quests as soon as you declare (or get declared on). I guess you just have to sort of work around it like first becoming their ally (or at least make sure the quest target isn't the ally).

I kind of like it tho over all as it makes the city-state quests a bit more exciting. I don't think it's more annoying then before like even if the quest was there before you couldn't get the reward as long as you were at war and you sometimes got the feeling that the AI declared war on you to prevent you from winning quests.

A lot of the quests are intentionally made to take a long time, the culture/faith/science ones in particular but also build x amount of buildings is not always something you want (or can afford) to stress.
I did somehow manage a conquest quest with a cs both my enemies ignored.

Any plans to fix events and decisions with this mod?
I tried everything that i could find on the forum, ended up playing with older version. Playing on older versions really shows how much work you put into updating this mod and feels underwhelming compared to newer versions,

The medical laboratory is sellable, so the building can be built infinitely and repeat the +2 free citizens. It could be an exploit if the computer does it?

The medical laboratory is sellable, so the building can be built infinitely and repeat the +2 free citizens. It could be an exploit if the computer does it?
The computer doesn't sell buildings, as far as I'm aware. As for the players, I think it's their responsability if they can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar, and we shouldn't balance gameplay elements around the assumption of bad behaviours in a solo game.

The computer doesn't sell buildings, as far as I'm aware. As for the players, I think it's their responsability if they can't keep their hand out of the cookie jar, and we shouldn't balance gameplay elements around the assumption of bad behaviours in a solo game.
Still, it doesn't really makes sense and I bet it's not what the dev intended, so I see it as a bug.

And this isn't just a solo game. There are a ton of people who don't participate on the forums that play MP exclusively.

And this isn't just a solo game. There are a ton of people who don't participate on the forums that play MP exclusively.

It's was determined that the number of people who play multiplayer are a small percent of the of the total.

I don't recall how this was found, but I honestly believe it.

Open an issue on Github please.

Just remove the gold maintenance and take away the temptation. You can’t sell buildings with no gold maintenance

Are there?

When we tried to setup a MP game we really struggle to get the mod running and no one seemed to know quite how to fix the sync issue. Seems like if there are a bunch of MP players one of them would have popped in and said how they run it.

People play old versions that aren't broken. You can see evidence of this from time to time in various threads, and also outside this site.
I'm sure there are people who currently don't play VP at all but would if MP wasn't completely broken. I sometimes go years between single player games, but would definitely play MP if it was stable.

And finally, even if the fraction of MP players is small, so what?
The fraction of people who play a weak civ like Germany is also probably small. So let's just get rid of Germany, or if a bug with its uniques is discovered let's just ignore it!

"It's was determined that the number of people who play multiplayer are a small percent of the of the total."
Literally no possible way to determine that. What a ridiculous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom