Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho

Howd that war go? Because the greeks eventually did declare war on me. But they arnt pushing forward. They move a few troops forward, take minimal damage then retreat the entire army.
Interestingly enough, they DID take a city from me... out of my 9 cities. It was the one I forward settled, but after that - they declared a few wars, but they NEVER did anything else beyond send a few units and just AFK

Loaded up this latest version and noticed the AI seems quite a bit less aggressive. They will declare war on each other, and the player, but they seem to have serious difficulty in gaining any ground. Let alone cities. In previous versions I found them extremely aggressive and capable. To the extent that I was always trying to extend and maximize my unit cap to adequately counter their attacks. These last few games i've been able to just turtle and attack at my leisure. Even if they declared war on me they did not send a massive wave of troops at me like in the past making it easy to repel them.

I play on both diety and the difficulty just below that.

Is this just a bad sample size, seeing as it was only 3 games or so, or has the mod changed substantially in this regard?
My last three games on emperor have all had a neighbor declare early war on me. Granted, the three civs in question were Persia, Japan, and France and I lightly forward settled all three so not unexpected. Persia and France came at me full bore; Japan did not but that may have been due to getting my Mayan atalists online the turn after he declared. Overall the civs in my games (mixture of King and Emperor on standard size maps) haven’t been overly aggressive but the warring has been appropriate. No runaway wars but some capitals have fallen and vassals brought to heel by the AI.

Hi, i think i found a bug, im not sure this is correct topic for this, so please show mercy, its my first post :)
scenario:
I played Aztec, had 12 turns more of golden age, got warscore 100%, just conquered capital of Shoshone.
On hitting next turn, Rome offered cash for peace with Shoshone and i agreed, peace was made but and my golden age turns didnt increased, despite warscore 25+.
I reload game, didnt accept Rome offer, but instead offer peace to Shoshone myselfe, and my golden age tunrs correctly increased to 30 turns.
I would expect, golden age should start regardles of the fact, that some third party offered cash for it or not..

3rd party peace deals don't trigger any of the events from winning a war, but they really should.

Something is off with CS quest for religion spread - I was a leader with 13 followers, then after converting Portugal (I have open border so converted Braga, Lisbon and Coimbra in one turn) I have 17 followers and leader has 264 followers. This at turn 284 in epic speed. By that time other religion have 10, 11, 17, 12,14 cities and I have 40.
By turn 309 other have 10,12, 17,13, 11 and I have spread to 55 cities. But for quest account I have 265 and leader has 665 followers.

Best guess that after converting AI to your religion all conversion counts to him, as he has this (mine) religion also. May be quest should count followers only to founder, but seems not. Had this bug before in couple games, but didn't pay attention.

8930_20220714163050_1.png 8930_20220714163305_1.png 8930_20220714163335_1.png 8930_20220714164158_1.png

Best guess that after converting AI to your religion all conversion counts to him, as he has this (mine) religion also. May be quest should count followers only to founder, but seems not. Had this bug before in couple games, but didn't pay attention.

I noticed this issue when looking at the code earlier. I'll fix soon.

Moderator Action: Thread closed due to new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom