Other civs aren't buying my luxuries? Is this normal? They say the deal is impossible.
"
- Changed luxury resource valuation based on a new model proposed by azum4roll
AI will refuse to sell luxuries if the trade would make them unhappy (Impossible!)
AI will not buy luxuries they don't want (Impossible!)
AI will buy luxuries at good prices if unhappy, if it would give them a WLTKD, if it would fulfill a City-State quest, or if they would gain a monopoly from it
New luxury valuation is experimental, please report any issues you encounter
The reason AI will not pay anything for unwanted luxuries is because the extra Happiness and GAP are negligible, especially compared to the cost of losing a WLTKD opportunity
"

This is the part you're looking for.

wgooch

Chieftain
Was there a change in ancient ruins? I've started two games with 2.6, and haven't found a single one. I do not have "No ancient ruins" ticked.
I encountered this during development and it was caused by the map generation Lua script throwing an error. When the script throws an error it exits early and doesn't get to the stage for generating ruins. If you file a bug report on GitHub with any errors from your Lua logs we can probably get it fixed quickly (assuming it really is a Lua error again).

zeofig

Warlord
New resources look good. I think there is a small issue with the maize background: there are some irregularities on the upper right and upper left. I also think the background is a bit too saturated compared to other resources. It stands out.

Attachments

• 20220817-112344.png
    20220817-112344.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 235

greenfieldpark

Warlord
I and half of people who voted agree.

Im one who disagrees only not really. Being able to treat rivers like roads in enemy territory is super op. And also super fun. Which is why i like it and hope it remains.

balparmak

Prince
New resources look good. I think there is a small issue with the maize background: there are some irregularities on the upper right and upper left. I also think the background is a bit too saturated compared to other resources. It stands out.

Yeah I couldn't find a better icon at the time so used EMR's, which looks off. Rek directed me to a pretty good one though, it'll be in the new version along with much better resource textures.

duwy

Chieftain
I encountered this during development and it was caused by the map generation Lua script throwing an error. When the script throws an error it exits early and doesn't get to the stage for generating ruins. If you file a bug report on GitHub with any errors from your Lua logs we can probably get it fixed quickly (assuming it really is a Lua error again).
Thanks!
Looks like it was caused by an old version of "Even more resources". I updated it, and next game, ruins were fine again.

pineappledan

Deity
Songhai is closer to balanced without the river roads than with it. The war canoes weren’t a major balance concern, they were just bloat on an already overstacked UA.

Recursive

Already Looping
River roads are fun though.

looorg

King
- Changed luxury resource valuation based on a new model proposed by azum4roll AI will refuse to sell luxuries if the trade would make them unhappy (Impossible!) AI will not buy luxuries they don't want (Impossible!) AI will buy luxuries at good prices if unhappy, if it would give them a WLTKD, if it would fulfill a City-State quest, or if they would gain a monopoly from it New luxury valuation is experimental, please report any issues you encounter The reason AI will not pay anything for unwanted luxuries is because the extra Happiness and GAP are negligible, especially compared to the cost of losing a WLTKD opportunity

c5vox-vp-freewood.png

I'm not sure the evaluation for luxuries are really working out or as intended. In the case above Poland asks for free Brazilwood but at the same time won't accept it (or consider the deal impossible). Nobody wants to buy it either so I have a stockpile at the moment. By not buying luxuries if they are not unhappy they are sort of screwing things over. From a player perspective this just-in-time purchasing is also somewhat odd since you can't have a buffer of happiness then. But I guess they might not consider such things.

Phantom1tr

Chieftain
Same issue here, not only they won't actively seek to request my goods, as soon as I put it in the trade window it says "Impossible!"

Dimmy

Chieftain
Bravo! Waiting for mods to be updated for compatibility and will give this version a wholehearted try.

rokitwo

Chieftain
Does anyone else when you start a new game get this visual bug that does have the explanation about the leader + starting picture? if have how can you fix this issue :\.

1660746462049.png

Solic

Warlord
Does anyone else when you start a new game get this visual bug that does have the explanation about the leader + starting picture? if have how can you fix this issue :\.

View attachment 636939
I have the same bug! It happened to me since 2.5 already though. Maybe something to do with the introduction of the leading screen tips or something. Shame that the dawn of man speech is lost like this.

Konietzko

Chieftain
I had it but then I fixed it by moving VP into the correct folder (C:/My Games / Civ 5 / MODS ) and/or moving EUI into the correct Steam Folder ( \steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC). I don't remember it precisely but it had something to do with the installation folder when you use the automatic installer and it installed it into the wrong driver or something.

Last edited:

Fredster143

Chieftain
Something is definitely off about the luxury valuation. Every leader turns down my proposal (Impossible!) when I offer them luxuries, even when they have spare luxuries sitting around. I can still buy their luxuries for for gold or strategic resources though.

And then, out of the blue, miss Wu turns up and offers 32 GPT (~1600 deal value) for my Citrus, which she refused to buy all game. This is medieval era, so the deal value would normally be around 200.
zetianoffercitrus.png

andersw

Emperor
Does rice and maize compete with wheat ie an inadvertent nerf to God of the Sun or does God of the Sun now also include +food on rice and maize?

looorg

King
Does rice and maize compete with wheat ie an inadvertent nerf to God of the Sun or does God of the Sun now also include +food on rice and maize?
It includes them, at least according to the description. I have not actually tried it. I never pick that one.

Tekamthi

King
how about a compromise: tie river movement bonus to war canoes and grant it only for foot soldiers. so no mounted units. no armor.
i'd knock river roads down to half-movement-cost in river tiles w/o any crossing bonus, but otherwise find it a fun and thematically appropriate UA. no armor probably appropriate too. the previous embarkation and amphibious abilities seem off the mark to me

Last edited:
Top Bottom