Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I don't mean that it doesn't make sense, just that the yields are being weird. I'm positive that they're different from what they were earlier in 3.0.
Wait a second, is it just that they got shuffled around? Earlier Wheat was production, Maize was food, and Rice was gold. Now it's as I just listed.
I think you maybe just missed this change?

If you are talking about continuing to get xp from barbs, I've always modified the "coredefines.sql" file in the ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Vox Populi\Balance Changes folder. Under "unit stuff", change the value in this line to this:

UPDATE Defines SET Value = '1000' WHERE Name = 'BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE';

There is a setting under advanced that let's you get GG progress, as well.

I also set the max plots per explorer to the same value so they keep getting xp for revealing territory. I love having these super mobile and hard to kill units later in the game to terrorize the enemies rear area and draw off troops from the front.

For overall tweaking, this file, the other coredefines file, and diploaioptions - both found in (1) community patch directory - are worth looking at w something like notepad++.

If these have changed in this version (or I have been doing it wrong myself), let me know. It's your game, so have fun!
I've always changed this too except I change it to -1 instead of '1000' which I think is infinity!? But I do wonder if we change it now will it cause a conflict or will it matter? Getting weird conflicts in games but haven't the time right now to figure out the issue.

The farm bonus resources are being weird for me. Farms on Wheat just have +1:c5food:, Maize and Rice farms have -1:c5food:, actually reducing food output, and +1:c5gold:/:c5production: respectively. They must be pretty bad farmers.
Is this a change I missed at some point or is something going wrong?
The yield has changed in this update because of a proposal that got voted on.
That -1:c5food: is only a visual bug since Farm gives +1:c5food: by default, and instead, it gives other yield types to Maize and Rice. This is the only way to negate the base farm yield.

Wheat got +1:c5food: with Farm.
Maize got +1:c5gold: with Farm.
Rice got +1:c5production: with Farm.

Version 3.0.4, but there may be a bug in the current one.

A slain enemy spy empties the treasury, although there is no news of this. If his mission ended in failure, then our gold must remain with us.
There were 4147 gold, absolutely everything was stolen.

By the way, it would be desirable to change the scheme for completing the mission to steal gold. Now the theft occurs at the end of the mission, but if I have 100 coins in the treasury, then only 100 coins will be stolen instead of several thousand (previously 10 thousand were stolen, so 4 thousand is not enough - the enemy did not get everything he should have). It is better for the spy to reduce the gold produced by the city every turn and take the accumulated gold at the end of the mission. If the mission was canceled and the spy moved, then this piggy bank may remain in memory, they will take it another time. Similarly for faith, science.

It will also allow you to pre-calculate the work of an enemy agent in the city. But the duration of the missions should be reduced by 2-3 times, so that it would be impossible to deploy the counter-espionage network in time. And in general, missions last too long.

Spoiler :

20230117222647_1.jpg

20230117222835_1.jpg

20230117222914_1.jpg

Unexpectedly, it turned out that if there is no garrison in the city, then a guided missile destroys an atomic bomb. A good way to remove atomic weapons from the enemy without atomic bombing the city.
But for some reason, the Ambassador survived here. In another city, Archeologist was first killed, and then the atomic bombs were destroyed. Probably the order of units affects.

Spoiler :

20230117215657_1.jpg

20230117215811_1.jpg

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi everyone!
First thanks to the devs and everyone involved for an awesome mod for this amazing game 👌🏻

Second I love that barbs gives endless exp now. Definitely think it is QOL improvement.

Second I love that barbs gives endless exp now. Definitely think it is QOL improvement.
Sorry to ruin it, but this is a bug. Barbarians shouldn't be supposed to give infinite XP.

Didnt they just scale the barb exp a bit for epic and marathon?
I didnt pay enough attention if I kept getting barb exp at higher lvls.

Not even really advanced setup has that (it only allows for GGs from barbs).

Some missiles can utilize the MIRV type system, where the missile generates a number of smaller missiles that are harder to counter. You could imagine an SDI counters SOME of the missiles but not all of them, hence the reduction in damage.

Is it perfect...nope. Is it good enough in a games where triremes can scoot across the ocean just as fast as a destroyer can....yep.
I feel that the MIRV comparison is actually extremely accurate, and even likely, in a real world situation in which SDI might be deployed.

Last edited:
Is it even possible to form a real friendship in this game? :lol:
I just did, somehow, with my neighbors (China). We had 3 or 4 big wars, then, after they conquered Carthage and we both went to war against Attila (I got that mofo), we became friends. I also voted to help china get above Attila for world leader since I wasn't in top 3, that seemed to help a lot, and he kept proposing things that I liked (causus belli, open door with some of attila's CS allies, things like that). Now we're at Electronics and I'm actually friendly with almost everybody in the game, even though they mostly hate and war against each other constantly.

Oh okay thanks, I didn't know that reducing buildings helped. Interesting! You are right about improving tiles though, I tend to neglect that early on to get as many settlers out as possible. Just in this game I was hyperfocusing on wonders instead.

Curious about another thing, what happened to the Avoid growth mechanism? It's not in the city interface any longer. Was this intentional or do I have a bug?
It's on the top left in VP (or just EUI). I couldn't find it the other day when I started playing again, I forgot that it was moved.

Version 3.0.4, but there may be a bug in the current one.

A slain enemy spy empties the treasury, although there is no news of this. If his mission ended in failure, then our gold must remain with us.
There were 4147 gold, absolutely everything was stolen.

By the way, it would be desirable to change the scheme for completing the mission to steal gold. Now the theft occurs at the end of the mission, but if I have 100 coins in the treasury, then only 100 coins will be stolen instead of several thousand (previously 10 thousand were stolen, so 4 thousand is not enough - the enemy did not get everything he should have). It is better for the spy to reduce the gold produced by the city every turn and take the accumulated gold at the end of the mission. If the mission was canceled and the spy moved, then this piggy bank may remain in memory, they will take it another time. Similarly for faith, science.

It will also allow you to pre-calculate the work of an enemy agent in the city. But the duration of the missions should be reduced by 2-3 times, so that it would be impossible to deploy the counter-espionage network in time. And in general, missions last too long.

Exact same thing just happened to me, but I didn't get a SS of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom