Status
Not open for further replies.
The AI struggles playing with low strat resources. Got a map with quite low strat res spawn, the Incas had huge tech advantage over me, but "kindly decided" not to win by science victory. Which is shame.
Spoiler :
1674302542242.png
1674302708059.png

Also, anyone plays with random victories in this version? I used to in previoes ones and had like 9 out of 10 games dropping a diplo victory.

Is the "no religions" just a mid-late game visual glitch? from what I see atleast mine still works as intended.

Does anyone know if there is a working Promotion Flags mod? The latest version I have no longer works, since one of the updates

Tried to find it on threads but no luck...

Does anyone know if there is a working Promotion Flags mod? The latest version I have no longer works, since one of the updates

Tried to find it on threads but no luck...
It's built into the mod now. No need for an extra mod as far as I can tell. You turn it on in the in-game options (options - interface options - promotion flags ; click; reload) and then just reload the game again. I tested it and it worked, it's not really for me tho. They are to small for me to notice so it just looks like pixels blurr. But it's there and if you are used to it or them I'm sure it's fine.

c5vox-promoflags.png

Last edited:
What could cause this issue? When I speak to a leader, I cannot choose what to say, I only see the leader screen. Then in the next turn, I cannot even speak to them, clicking on their image does nothing.
leader bug.png

What could cause this issue? When I speak to a leader, I cannot choose what to say, I only see the leader screen. Then in the next turn, I cannot even speak to them, clicking on their image does nothing.View attachment 651634
UI conflict? Check Lua.log, and what mods are you playing?

Thank you for answering. I've attached the Lua.log. I'm using a bunch of mods (maybe too much...).

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 14
Thank you for answering. I've attached the Lua.log. I'm using a bunch of mods (maybe too much...).
Did you install EUI properly? I see so many EUI related errors. Try to check your Civ 5 installation location and go to /Assets/DLC and check if the UI_bc1 folder is there.

Did you install EUI properly? I see so many EUI related errors. Try to check your Civ 5 installation location and go to /Assets/DLC and check if the UI_bc1 folder is there.
The folder was in the right place, but I reinstalled 3.1.1, and now it seems to work properly. Maybe I did something wrong the first time. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to help me!

The folder was in the right place, but I reinstalled 3.1.1, and now it seems to work properly. Maybe I did something wrong the first time. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to help me!
Probably something related to the Lua loading orders or missing EUI files.

It's built into the mod now. No need for an extra mod as far as I can tell. You turn it on in the in-game options (options - interface options - promotion flags ; click; reload) and then just reload the game again. I tested it and it worked, it's not really for me tho. They are to small for me to notice so it just looks like pixels blurr...
but mouseover shows the details of promotions without selecting the unit

Attachments

• Screenshot-promo-flag.jpg
    Screenshot-promo-flag.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
And you can never see the descriptions of other civs' units' promotions without Promotion Flags.

It's built into the mod now. No need for an extra mod as far as I can tell. You turn it on in the in-game options (options - interface options - promotion flags ; click; reload) and then just reload the game again. I tested it and it worked, it's not really for me tho. They are to small for me to notice so it just looks like pixels blurr. But it's there and if you are used to it or them I'm sure it's fine.

View attachment 651621
Thanks a lot mate!

Surprised actually you don't like it, for me this is one of the best mods/options. Very convenient to see which ones are you best units :)

Thanks a lot mate!

Surprised actually you don't like it, for me this is one of the best mods/options. Very convenient to see which ones are you best units :)
I think it might be more or an acquired taste, you get used to it. I just never have. If I want to know what promotions an enemy have I just watch their tooltip, it's right there. For my own units I sort of know already what they have and I tend to rename my units for that somewhat quick notification in text what they are and not.

Definitely this works not how it should be. Soc. policy which provide free building instead of constructing new one it replaces already built. Yes, there is a compensation of hamers, why the heck I wanna more hammers in my capital while it being top by production already. I wanna that factory/researchlab/academy in my weakest city!

I seem to be having a bizarre problem with the latest release, and this affected me with the previous release too.

No resources seem to spawn on the map. And i mean no resources - no bonus resources, no luxuries, no strategic resources.

Naturally I suspect a mod conflict at play, but the problem persists even when I disable all mods except the latest VP bits (see attached)

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Me too
But only when playing via mods

If i instead build a modpack, this issue goes away.
But in the modpack, i cannot trade because the tradescreen has every option already selected.
Bizarre

Having some weird games on this patch but the crazy barb spawns is likely part of it.
Went up to immortal and won a rather smooth game as sweden.
Had a game as Zulu where I did great on tech (could have gotten great library but didnt think I would have a chance so didnt go for it) and rolled arabia+germany with trebs/longswords !!! , japan gave a little resistance but the rest was just a steam roll.
Then I get a game as Assyria (coffee monopoly), struggle with tech, where Iroquois (zero science civ) is rolling everything on the other side, I guess his UU carries very nice with the barbs.
Now this is way too small of a sample so ...
Anyone else noticed particular strong AI civs with raging barbs on this patch?
I assume Aztecs for example?
And naturally Austria.

Anyone else noticed particular strong AI civs with raging barbs on this patch?
I assume Aztecs for example?
And naturally Austria.
Been experimenting
If you play celts or aztecs on a widespread map (lots of places for barbs to spawn without drawing other civs out before you get to them) the game is basically broken. Crazy powerful. I use it now as a balancing tool lol.
Related to this is that authority now really dominates. The ability to quickly and cheaply kill off barb spawns renders tradition obsolete IMHO
To play progress tree and not be full on military i find i have to PROTECT barb spawns , to leave them up and just kill off the units they throw out. (barb spawn camping) lest a camp spawn at the wrong place at the wrong time. (seems to be a limit on how many are spawned alive at one time?)
Still im having a lot of fun playing early game military bullies. you can really really stack the income as celts for killing barbs.
PS: My skill level for a competitive game is Emperor.

To play progress tree and not be full on military i find i have to PROTECT barb spawns , to leave them up and just kill off the units they throw out. (barb spawn camping) lest a camp spawn at the wrong place at the wrong time. (seems to be a limit on how many are spawned alive at one time?)
Hmmm... Perhaps the game should de-spawn camps after a certain number of turns to reduce the usefulness of barb spawn camping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom