New Version - November 21st (11-21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

Anyone know the bug that after fresh install the game, then intsall Vox , launch the game with Vox CP activated and game can't load any panel from Vox Community Patch?

Anyone know the bug that after fresh install the game, then intsall Vox , launch the game with Vox CP activated and game can't load any panel from Vox Community Patch?
Not sure to understand what you are saying, so I will go step by step:

1) Use the auto-installer to install Vox Populi.
2) Lauch Civ 5
3) Click on MODS
4) Select the 6 mods from Vox Populi. They are numbered (1) to (5), then (6a), (6b) or (6c) depending on the options you chose in the autoinstaller
5) Click on NEXT
6) You will have a screen with the list of the mod enabled. The 6 mods must be there, numbered as before.
7) Click on SINGLE PLAYER
8) Configure a new game or load a previous game.

If I understand correctly, you have a problem at step 4. If that's correct it means you have in your MODS folder two mods which have almost the same name. So:
a) Unsubscribe from More Luxuries on steam (if you were subscribed), and from the steam version of the community patch (if you were subscribed)
b) If you have other big mods that are not from steam, but not Vox Populi either (for example, the JFDLCs), get them out of your MODS folder (or from your DLC folder, if they are DLC-mods)
c) Reinstall Vox Populi.

Not sure to understand what you are saying, so I will go step by step:

1) Use the auto-installer to install Vox Populi.
2) Lauch Civ 5
3) Click on MODS
4) Select the 6 mods from Vox Populi. They are numbered (1) to (5), then (6a), (6b) or (6c) depending on the options you chose in the autoinstaller
5) Click on NEXT
6) You will have a screen with the list of the mod enabled. The 6 mods must be there, numbered as before.
7) Click on SINGLE PLAYER
8) Configure a new game or load a previous game.

If I understand correctly, you have a problem at step 4. If that's correct it means you have in your MODS folder two mods which have almost the same name. So:
a) Unsubscribe from More Luxuries on steam (if you were subscribed), and from the steam version of the community patch (if you were subscribed)
b) If you have other big mods that are not from steam, but not Vox Populi either (for example, the JFDLCs), get them out of your MODS folder (or from your DLC folder, if they are DLC-mods)
c) Reinstall Vox Populi.

Thanks for your reply.

1- I am a Vox's user 1 year+ so I am not new to CP.

Second ,I thought maybe mod conflicting, so I only used Vox CP. But the bug still happened :(

My story: Last week my window got a critical error that I could not fix it but fresh installed a new window OS. After that I downloaded Civ 5 from my Steam library and Vox CP. Did all steps you mentioned about. As long as I reached into Introduction Screen (short brief introduce about your Civ Leader before you enter a game). Error windows kept pop-up that the game could not load Top Panel, Unit Panel... After that, I still was able to enter a game, but all Panels were lost.

P/s: Game works normally without Mod.

Thanks for your reply.

1- I am a Vox's user 1 year+ so I am not new to CP.

Second ,I thought maybe mod conflicting, so I only used Vox CP. But the bug still happened :(

My story: Last week my window got a critical error that I could not fix it but fresh installed a new window OS. After that I downloaded Civ 5 from my Steam library and Vox CP. Did all steps you mentioned about. As long as I reached into Introduction Screen (short brief introduce about your Civ Leader before you enter a game). Error windows kept pop-up that the game could not load Top Panel, Unit Panel... After that, I still was able to enter a game, but all Panels were lost.

P/s: Game works normally without Mod.

Sorry. I induced from the way you named Vox Populi that you were new, but I was wrong. (That's the first time I see someone naming it Vox CP)

So I've already seen this error. The origin of the bug was:
1) Mod incompatibility with another mod (but I guess you already tried disabling the mods other than VP)
2) Problem with EUI (try with/without)
3) Bad install (just reinstall)
4) Strange bug that disappeared when installing a latter hotfix.

What's going on here? Combat strength should be 11.5.

Edit: I meant to post this in the hotfixed version, as that's the version I'm using.

Attachments

• 20181201190511_1.jpg
    20181201190511_1.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I haven't been paying attention to the calculations but I will in a new test game. What mods are you using?

I also have Raging Barbarians/GG-GA points enabled and increased the experience cap to 90 and changed fog tiles per barbarian camp to 25 on huge setting. Went a little overboard here...

Attachments

• 20181202051228_1.jpg
    20181202051228_1.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I also have Raging Barbarians/GG-GA points enabled and increased the experience cap to 90 and changed fog tiles per barbarian camp to 25 on huge setting. Went a little overboard here...
1 through 6 is not loading in order by what is pictured. How did you install?

1 through 6 is not loading in order by what is pictured. How did you install?

Well the mod is through the installer. The load order is strange, because I always enable it from top to bottom as shown in the mod menu. All that stuff between 1 and 2 should be after Wonders Expanded. It displays normally in-game.

Last edited:
I easily get issues with too many cities (20+ usually late game) in this version (normal size).
Does anyone play wide on large or even huge maps, how do you keep your happiness up?

I never have that many non-puppet cities, even when playing as a warmonger in huge maps.

I never have that many non-puppet cities, even when playing as a warmonger in huge maps.

I've tried a bit going with puppets but I just ran out of money, ie couldn't afford it, and at the time I had less than a handfull puppets.
Maybe should try it again.

Maybe it's a difficulty thing? You need a larger army in higher difficulty, and thus more maintenance and more upgrade costs. I only need around 30-40 military units to take over the world in Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom