New wonders thread

I would also like to see wonders based on some things you can do in the game, rather than just piling shields onto a wonder to get a benefit. Being the first civ to contact all other civs, or being the first to land an explorer on every land mass in the world, first to connect all your cities with RR, etc. This would give the player more incentive to get out and poke about on the oceans, at least. Problem is, AI doesn't have those goals, it would have to be coded to go for the same things, or the player would always be at an advantage, always getting the wonders.

When they introduce a round globe for a map, an interesting wonder would be a North/South Pole expedition. You wouldn't be able to do this until you had magnetism, and there would be the chance of your explorers freezing to death every turn.

Rather than the +1 movement bonus gained by building the Great Lighthouse ending when Magnetism is discovered, let the +1 persist. Allow any civ that researches Magnetism gain +1 movement (everyone now has enough lighthouses). Similarly, with Satellites every would receive the equivalent bonus of Magellan’s Voyage. At Satellites, a new wonder, GPS, gives an additional +1 movement bonus to sea craft.

A new tech, Sub-atomic Physics, allows a new wonder to be built – Particle Collider. This wonder allows all Spaceship components to be built at half the normal cost.

EddyG17 said:
Earth Day
Requiers Recycling
cost: 500
Dramatically reduces pollution in ALL cities, reduces pollution in your cities furthermore and produces a happy face in all of your cities.

:cringe: :dubious: :shakehead

While ur at it:

The Art of Brainwashing Hippies
cost: 2
Dramatically increses corruption corruption in ALL cities, reduces max police limit by one unit. If civilization already has acess to insence, an additional unhappy citizen is made content (represents free-flow of marijuana).

New Wonder: Marxism
Cost: National Pride
Effects: Builds up hopes of student population, increasing happiness, before they realise how dead the theory is, making happiness plummet.

Space Needle
requires ?
cost 400
makes all unhappy citizens in the city it was built content, if built by the Americans in Seattle, makes all unhappy citizens happy

CIVPhilzilla said:
Not only do I want to see new wonders, but old one's from Civ 2 as well:

Statue of Liberty
Eifle Tower
Marco Polo's Trade Embassy

No marco polo the only way to possibly win diety for me is to establish contacts early on a island map. I would hate it if the AI got this wonder

@hoplite you are talking about civ3. You have no idea how it will be in civ4, do you? :) and besides this is creative in here, but not really 'for' civ4.... :)

mfG mitsho

Top Bottom