Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this much activity it likely means the patch is releasing tonight. The only thing that could prevent it is if their QA team finds something in the release smoke tests that is a showstopper.

512034 is Australia.

Presumably 512035 is the double civ.

I assume the other 3 are future civs. The top one was only added last week.

Interesting. Ok, my guess was the Aussie civ, the Aussie scenario and another civ or scenario they haven't told us about.

With this much activity it likely means the patch is releasing tonight. The only thing that could prevent it is if their QA team finds something in the release smoke tests that is a showstopper.
Sadly, someone made an executive decision and the Mac version is going to be delayed. According to Aspyr.

What are all those Steam subs? I thought they were the achievements or something first, because there are so many of them, but in fact they are 3 too many for that. :p

Sadly, someone made an executive decision and the Mac version is going to be delayed. According to Aspyr.

Ah, that explains the delays between the depot updates and these package changes. Methinks whatever is busted in the Mac (and maybe Linux) build isn't something they think can be fixed tonight.

If you look at the two with names, they both include their respective scenarios.

Which would make Australia one by itself. Then the SDK. So are the other two things they're not releasing now? Are they counting the patch as "DLC"?

Which would make Australia one by itself. Then the SDK. So are the other two things they're not releasing now? Are they counting the patch as "DLC"?
I think so. One is 5 months old and the other is from last week. Since the first 4 are 7 months old, I would say they add the blank Steam files as soon as they get approval for the DLCs to be developed later.

The patch isn't a DLC.

The patch would simply be an update to the base / default package. I would wager that fourth unknown is either another DLC or possibly the first expansion.

I'm hoping they still mean a matter of minutes or hours and not an actual "delay".

I'm hoping they still mean a matter of minutes or hours and not an actual "delay".

If they release Windows today then my earlier comment about not releasing on Fridays can be thrown out of the window (no pun intended) for the Mac build. It would make sense from a release pipeline perspective to get the Mac build current as soon as possible, so once it's working properly I'm sure they will release it.

Probably til early next week - I think this means that the 2k resources were regression testing the windows version and now Aspyrs has to wait for the Mac regression testing to go ahead.

Haha, personally I'm glued to this thread more because I have the itch to play some civ, but like quite a few others I don't see the point of getting into the middle of a good game and then having the patch drop. I know I could turn off updates, but I also know I'll just end up being unable to resist the urge to try out the changes right away :lol: Same problem with playing something else to pass the time instead - I'll just end up getting pulled away by the lure of the patch when it arrives!
Some of us are waiting from the last patch! :crazyeye: The itch is very real for us. But i feel very soon(tm) i'll play a civ vi game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom