Nfl 2006

Dear lord, the Colts run defense is brutal.

Wow. What an exclamation point by the Saints!

Yep...
Indy's not going to go far in the playoffs with that run defense...

And the mighty Colts O has failed to score more than 17 points 4 out of the last 5 games. You can survive a bad D if your averaging 30+ points a game, not 17.

Maaan, Drew Brees ought to be in the MVP discussion. He is throwing the ball all over the place! (I know, I know, LT ought to win it)

Im pretty surprised by the Colts collapse today...although I love the timing. Bengals are on a hot streak, Rudi is coming back into his own, Indy cant stop the run...I like it, I like it.

Who Dey.

Maaan, Drew Brees ought to be in the MVP discussion. He is throwing the ball all over the place! (I know, I know, LT ought to win it)

The MVP race basically consists of two people. Tomlinson and Brees. But Tomlinson is miles ahead...

Hey, the Saints still can't win the Superbowl if they have to go to Chicago, so don't get to uppity yet ;)

A bad game, the Cowboys were due for one. Now, if they lose to Atlanta, then I'll be worried.

A bad game, the Cowboys were due for one. Now, if they lose to Atlanta, then I'll be worried.

I wouldn't be too worried then. Brees' passing destroyed the Cowboys' defense. I simply can't see Vick doing to them what Brees did...

Not to mention Atlanta looks like they'll be without Dunn -and- Norwood in the backfield for that game.

So who does that leave, Griffith? I forget thier third stringer, unless it is Griffith, but he is a fullback.

For a long time I was concerned about the pass defense. Newman is solid, but great QB's can pick apart this defense at times. I love Roy but he is not a cover safety, and Bush took advantage of our linebackers and mediocre cover safeties. Henry is good, but he can be burned at times as well. I wasn't expecting 42 points, but when your hot your hot.

I love Roy but he is not a cover safety

Waiting for Zarn to jump on this... :D

But in all honesty, how many cover safeties are there in the NFL?

IMHO Roy Williams is about the third-best strong safety in the NFC, behind the Cards' Adrian Wilson and the Bears' Mike Brown.
So the Cowboys aren't exactly weak at the position.

The Cowboys problem is that the free safety can't compensate for Williams' weaker points. Now if they can get (or develop) a free safety that excels in coverage then the Cowboys might actually have one of the better secondaries in the league, because the corners are definately doing a good job (Newman is very good and Henry's quite good too)...

When Woodson was here, Roy was excellent. That was his ROOKIE and second year too, if he had someone now, he could be something special. He is OBVIOUSLY not a cover safety because when he was in free safety he struggled, it's that simple to me. Also, we never want him one on one, thats usually a mismatch, another easy to recognize sign of not being a cover safety.

I would place him above Mike Brown though, until Brown proves he can stay healthy...he really kills his team by being injured. A few times he has derailed the Bears season by being injured. It shows his skill, but if I had to pick one, I would take Roy because so far he has been durable.

I would place Roy behind Reed and Polamalu.

Darkness, Darkness, Darkness... He isn't a cover safety. He is a run stopper/ play maker. He is just not as bad as most people think.

I guess, if we beat ATL, a NYG win would be better. If we lose, then a PHI win.

DAL win 9-5
loss means 8-6
NYG win 8-6
loss 7-7
PHI win 806
loss 7-7

An 8-6 Philly and DAL would make the next game important, but at least DAL will still control its destiny.

Who's Philadelphia starting? 37-year old Jeff "I can't throw the ball downfield" Garcia? I wouldn't worry about making the playoffs at all, you guys are a shoe-in and will make up ground for a bye when we beat the Saints.

Who's Philadelphia starting? 37-year old Jeff "I can't throw the ball downfield" Garcia? I wouldn't worry about making the playoffs at all, you guys are a shoe-in and will make up ground for a bye when we beat the Saints.

Heh. Even if you take care of business, we still got Seattle to worry about. ;)

Thought Garcia was playing well, though. I admit, I haven't been watching his games.

Heh. Even if you take care of business, we still got Seattle to worry about. ;)

Thought Garcia was playing well, though. I admit, I haven't been watching his games.

It's still Garcia, and he doesn't have any receivers to throw to, plus, he's Garcia.

It's still Garcia, and he doesn't have any receivers to throw to, plus, he's Garcia.

Good point. You are Roman Catholic, so I guess I should have never questioned it. ;)

Has Garcia thrown an interception?

The Eagles were not overly impressive agaisnt Washington though, and thier defense especially let them down later in the game. I don't want the Giants gaining any kind of swagger back though, so go Eagles!

Top Bottom