NFL 2008 regular season

ok, please do not tell me ESPN still owns monday night football. Hopefully ABC got it back

Er, Both ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney. And ESPN has Monday Night.

Go to westwoodone.com and see if they have an affiliate in your area, and then
you can turn off the TV sound, and listen to Marv and Boomer.

Packers Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: Bigby (made me win my fantasy game)

:love: jamarcus russell - fumbled at the denver 7! :D :lol:

I only watched the first qurater and a half, and I think I saw more floags in that time then I have seen in a game in a long time. That was ugly football.

Finally, ESPN ditched it's ugly floating scoreboard thingy for its broadcasts. I prefer the cleaner and tidier bottom bar.

Yes I do pay attention to that stuff :p

A potentially overlooked ethical aspect of the Brady injury: when informed of the injury, my Lady Friend replied, "I don't want anyone to be injured. But you leave your pregnant girlfriend for a Brazilian lingerie model, you're tempting fate." At a Super Bowl party last year, some visiting British were swayed in favor of rooting for the Giants after being told that Brady left his pregnant model girlfriend for a Victoria's Secret model. (I thought maybe the Revolutionary War connection would play a role in their decision, but no.)

I did not bring up Osi Umenyiora's . . . extracurricular interests.

Cleo

A potentially overlooked ethical aspect of the Brady injury: when informed of the injury, my Lady Friend replied, "I don't want anyone to be injured. But you leave your pregnant girlfriend for a Brazilian lingerie model, you're tempting fate." At a Super Bowl party last year, some visiting British were swayed in favor of rooting for the Giants after being told that Brady left his pregnant model girlfriend for a Victoria's Secret model. (I thought maybe the Revolutionary War connection would play a role in their decision, but no.)

I did not bring up Osi Umenyiora's . . . extracurricular interests.

Cleo

I thought they broke up on decent terms, with her not wanting to marry and
he still wanting to be part of the baby's life (ie= $). He stands so tall in the
pocket with only the slightest of movements... I always wondered when his
knees would get torn up from the pass rush.

I think I'm in for a long, disappointing season.

I think I'm in for a long, disappointing season.

Hey, don't be so glum.

I get *TWO* local long, disappointing seasons for the price of one!

The sad thing is I go in with low expectations on both fronts and I'm STILL double disappointed!

Best Game of Week 1:

Panthers vs Chargers

down to the wire, great QB play and running games by both teams, explosive, dynamic offenses and good defenses.

RUNNER UP: Minnesota/Green Bay

down to the wire (last vikings possession, without an interception, could have won the game 26-24), great play by rogers, decent game by jackson, good running game, great defensive effort.

worst game:

Ravens vs Bengals

(you know its bad when a starting WR has more rushing yards than recieving yards, and Carson Palmer doesnt get 100 passing yards in a game)

RUNNER UP:

Tennessee vs Jacksonville

Bad QB play (2 interceptions for both starting QBs), 61% completion for the game, 33 rushing yards for jacksonville, 13 punts, 8/27 on third down, 1 fumble by each team, horrible o-line play by jacksonville (SEVEN sacks).

your opinions on week 1?

I thought they broke up on decent terms, with her not wanting to marry and
he still wanting to be part of the baby's life (ie= $). He stands so tall in the
pocket with only the slightest of movements... I always wondered when his
knees would get torn up from the pass rush.

Ahh, fred: there's "breaking up on decent terms," and "breaking up on decent terms when your girlfriend's pregnant with your child and then dating a Victoria's Secret model." Only one of those will drive every otherwise uncommitted woman at the Super Bowl party to root for the Giants. ;)

Cleo

Can I just say that DeAngelo Hall must be the most overrated player ever? He got absolutely slaughtered by Eddie Royal and picked up a pair of dumb 15 yard penalties on one drive...

Top Bottom