Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

In light of the information from PrinceScamp and others, I will retract my accusation, pending further evidence.

As for the items, I believe the Groundskeeper Renata should receive both the Puppets and the Dolls, whilst Methos should take possession of the vials.

PrinceScamp, care to explain what your presence here as a lingering ghost means?

"Ah, Groundskeeper Renata can have the dolls."

Hmmm, lots of interesting stuff happening...

Princescamp, your explanations somewhat satisfy me. However that leaves me (and us) in a quandary, as I have no idea whom to vote for.
Maybe I misheard your explanations, but it's not clear to me whether you think Methos is guilty or innocent. I could vote for an inactive, but doubt that it will be useful in the long run.

So, yeah, I don't know what to do anymore.

Groundskeeper renata can have the items of the little girl

I admit to being unsure of whom I should be wary of.

Apparently you've learned nothing from the past few days, Seneschal. The vicar was working with a werewolf and the healer was a vengeful ghost. Be wary of everybody.

The Groundskeeper pauses, the hands flexing and loosening at his sides the only sign of his inner tension.

I don't want us to kill another innocent. The werewolf and the ghosts are doing well enough at that without us helping. I don't think PrinceScamp is guilty of anything. But without someone to take his place, he will die.

I agree with Renata. Why is it that yesterday that when a ghost revealed itself, we all jumped and watched her burn? We didn't care if she was dying a second death. I can remember somebody saying something like "send her back where she came from" or the like so why are we so hesisatant now? The ghost seems to have been killing people and now we have found another. Why are we saving it? It could be another one of the killers running amuck in the castle and the chances of this ghost being one are much better than us closing our eyes and spinning in a circle and then accusing the first person we see. As such, Princescamp has my vote to die....again.

ZPV. But I don't much like it.

Princescamp, you still have not erased all of my suspicions about you.

(OOC:I believe you get to live this way though)

Evening Five​

The fifth day's voting was hesitant, but somehow also intense. Most of the castle stood aside on the issue of the Paladin, but as the day wore on, several of those who had previously condemned him instead began to support him against the accusations. Some, including the Lord himself, began to argue that the jail ought to be used a second time, that the Paladin merely be confined from going out at night.

But as the sun began to touch the horizon, another possibility was raised. Since the Fisherman's death, the Miller hadn't been seen outside her room at all. The same suspicion that had killed the Jester and the Blademaster reared its head again, and the Miller came quite close to being executed instead.

But in the end, the suspicion against the Paladin was still the greater of the two. There were enough people against his execution that he'd merely be confined to the jail for the next couple of nights, though. Maintaining a prideful stance despite the suspicion voiced against him, the Paladin allowed himself to be locked into the jail peacefully.

As the sun set, everyone but the Paladin returned to the courtyard to see the items distributed. The Groundskeeper had managed to gain a small majority for the puppets as well as the dolls, and was granted both sets of toys before he returned to his room. The vials were then given into the care of the Beggar, who flinched even more uneasily at them than he had at the knives he had been granted the previous day.

With everything else taken care of, the denizens of the castle each returned to their rooms, all but the Paladin locked in his cell. The sun set, and night fell.
Spoiler :
Astrologer oyzar (Female, Elven) PrinceScamp Methos Renata Renata
2 Bard Frozen In Ice (Male, Elven) Frozen In Ice PrinceScamp
5 Beggar Methos (Male, Human) Renata Renata Methos ZPV
Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven) PrinceScamp
Butler TheForestAuro (Male, Elven) Winston Hughes PrinceScamp Renata Seon

Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven) PrinceScamp
Fiddler Izipo (Male, Elven) Renata
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

Gatekeeper hell_hound (Male, Elven) Renata
12 4 Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) Renata ZPV
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human)
2 Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) Nictel Renata Renata
Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc) Renata PrinceScamp

Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human)
1 Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven) Renata Renata Methos PrinceScamp
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven)

Mechanic Mergle (Female, Dwarven)
1 1 Mercenary KingMorgan (Male, Human) Methos KingMorgan KingMorgan
Merchant D'Artagnan59 (Male, Human) Frozen In Ice Renata ZPV
4 Miller ZPV (Female, Human)
5 (-3) Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human) Seon Renata Nictel ZPV

Philosopher Splime (Female, Elven)
Sculptor PaulusIII (Female, Human)
3 Seamstress Seon (Female, Human) Seon Methos Renata PrinceScamp
Seneschal Adrogans (Male, Dwarven)
Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)
It is Night Five!
Those with night actions, send them to me!
Public posting is closed!
Day breaks in 24 hours!

Morning Six​

The wind picked up again during the night, carrying piles of fresh snow to the castle, and it continued to blow even as the turbulent sky permitted dawn's weak rays to shine through. The wind and snow made the courtyard an uncomfortable place to meet, so the denizens of the castle gathered in the greenhouse instead.

The plants in the greenhouse seemed oddly unaffected by the cold weather and dimness of the sunlight. The archmage had used that place in his magic rituals, so it seemed to retain some protection from the outside world. The flowers were all in full bloom, except for one enormous tree at the center of the garden, dead and barren. It had not bloomed since the old archmage's death.

It was this tree that the Seneschal perched upon as he made his daily headcount. The Jailer had confirmed that the Paladin was still in his cell, but two more were missing as well. They were the Gatekeeper, hell_hound, and the Philosopher, Splime. Much of the crowd ventured into the castle, to check the missing denizens' rooms.

Everyone stopped outside the Gatekeeper's room. The door was open, and a quarrel was stuck in the opposite wall. Apparently he had managed to fire his weapon in an attempt to defend himself, but missed. There was a pool of blood on the floor, and a smear, again as though something had been dragged out. No corpse was found.
Spoiler :
The Gatekeeper was innocent!
The Philosopher's room was next. The door had been torn off its hinges, and the gory scene inside the room was the clear calling card of the werewolf.
Spoiler :
The Philosopher was innocent!
The castle had another day of voting ahead of it. Only one item was found ownerless - the Crossbow that had failed to save the Gatekeeper's life.

It is Day Six!
Players, place your votes!
Votes for the Crossbow are Brown!
Public posting is open!
Night falls in 48 hours!

I will take the crossbow. It will help me errrm... shoot apples down from the trees to make apple pie... and you all love apple pie, so I obviously need the crossbow.

Top Bottom