Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

I think I should 'ave the Sabre, it is o'vious that I am the best swordsperson 'ere.

Did we not JUST give you an item you had no claim to good cook? Why then do you need two?

It is o'vious that no one would suspect a little ol' lady such as m'self to 'ave a sword, so that way I can sneak up on the wolf when it least suspects an' cut orf its 'ead. How else are we s'posed to kill it?

Yeah. It's as if that tactic worked :rolleyes:

After I cut orf its 'ead, I will shoot it with me apple-shooter jus' t' make sure its dead, then we'll 'ave no more wolfs an' we can get back t' makin' pie.

Uhh yeah. Did you even see what happend last evening? A Innocent man died!

Seems an innocent man 'as died mos' ev'nin's o' late. That's why ye need t' give me the sword so I can kill it b'fore any more people get m'rdered. If ye don't, the wolf will live and 'e will kill more innocent people - easy as pie.

Such silliness. Sabre to Winston Hughes.

"Very well. I suppose there's no denying it now."

He adjusted his attire, and proudly looked at those gathered around, before settling on Winston Hughes.
"My Lord, if it is consolation, the healer wanted you to die first. I have kept you alive this long. When I go to the grave, I cannot guarentee your safety. Know this, and know that in all of my conversations with you I sought to serve you, save for my identity."

The butler sighed, and walked slowly towards the castle - back towards his room.

The gardener laughs at the irony of the situation. It had crossed her mind immediately after the killings began, but it had made too much sense for it actually to be true."

"Note to self: I guess the Butler always does it..."

The Butler is the one I suspect the most.

I have no use of the items and I don't particularly care where they go.

"Very well. I suppose there's no denying it now."

He adjusted his attire, and proudly looked at those gathered around, before settling on Winston Hughes.
"My Lord, if it is consolation, the healer wanted you to die first. I have kept you alive this long. When I go to the grave, I cannot guarentee your safety. Know this, and know that in all of my conversations with you I sought to serve you, save for my identity."

The butler sighed, and walked slowly towards the castle - back towards his room.

TheForestAuto does look suspicious...

{{OOC: Understatement of the year :lol: }}

Stopping, the butler turned with a wicked smirk on his face.

"Don't you know, Gardener? The Healer had possessed you. Those quiet, cold, efficient killings?"

"That was you."

And with that, he continued on to his room.

I knew it. Did I mention that the Duchess lurched off into the garden before disappearing? I suspected you from the beginning, gardener, but as the spirit of her has left us, you are harmless now. Or is it?

Evening Seven

In the afternoon of the seventh day of the ordeal, the Butler, TheForestAuro, found himself accused by the denizens of the castle. As sunset approached, he confessed that their suspicions were correct, and retired to his room to prepare for death. In his humble way, he did not leave any ill will behind him... but for one taunt at the Gardener.

When the mob came for him in his room, they found that he had already done their dirty work for them. The Butler was found kneeling in his room, folded over. He had taken a long knife from the kitchen and stabbed it into his own gut. Next to him was a sheet of paper with his last will on it, but it said nothing that he had not already mentioned before his death. He claimed eternal loyalty to House Animus, and lamented that his duty to his new master was not compatable with it. The Butler had clearly been working against the good of the castle.
Spoiler :
The Butler was a ghost accomplice!
With a sense of accomplishment, the denizens of the castle set about distributing the items that had been voted on during the day. First, the Lord announced that the Officer's Saber had been voted to him, and sheathed it at his hip. Next, he announced that the Key to the Observatory had been voted to the Miller, who accepted it and immediately departed to see her new holdings.

The castle was surprisingly cheerful as everyone returned to their rooms. For the first time, it felt like they had the upper hand against those that threatened them. But as darkness fell, the domain of the castle was returned to those that stalked the night.
Spoiler :
Beggar Methos (Male, Human) TheForestAuro
1 Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven)
11 Butler TheForestAuro (Male, Elven) ZPV Adrogans Winston Hughes
1 Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven) Ekolite
Fiddler Izipo (Male, Elven) TheForestAuro
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven) TheForestAuro

1 Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) ZPV TheForestAuro Winston Hughes
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human) Renata ZPV
Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) TheForestAuro
1 Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc) Sepuku TheForestAuro

Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human)
5 Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven) ZPV Adrogans Winston Hughes
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven) ZPV TheForestAuro

Mechanic Mergle (Female, Dwarven)
Mercenary KingMorgan (Male, Human) thomas.berubeg
9 Miller ZPV (Female, Human) ZPV TheForestAuro
Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human) TheForestAuro ZPV Winston Hughes

Sculptor PaulusIII (Female, Human) TheForestAuro ZPV
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human) ZPV TheForestAuro Winston Hughes
1 (-1) Seneschal Adrogans (Male, Dwarven)
Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)
It is Night Seven!
Those with night actions, send them to me!
Public posting is closed!
Day breaks in 24 hours!

OOC: Sorry for my being quiet, had a very tough time at the hospital with my wife, am back now.

(Ah, sorry for the late notice, but I just realized that I have to drive back to Seattle to turn in a hard copy of this term paper. I won't be able to get the update up tonight. Expect it about 25 hours from this post.)

Top Bottom