1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civilization NiGHTS' started by markusbeutel, Aug 26, 2011.

1. adiletante

adiletante Chieftain

Nice looking mod. This started out working just fine but after several turns, it just stops. I could start it up again and as long as I'd been saving my game, no problem. The last time, I cleared cache and moduserdata as it said. I got the following when I tried to load my quick save:

"Runtime Error!

Program:...common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CivilizationV_DX11.exe

This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

2. adiletante

adiletante Chieftain

I fixed my problem by setting up a new game rather than trying to load my quick save. It's been working great ever since.

3. bnulf12

bnulf12 Chieftain

I'm having an issue that is quite annoying. Each game I play begins normally, but as the time progresses there is a greater delay between turns. On my current game after every turn, it comes up with the please wait and the golden loading symbol as per usual. After it has loaded, however, the globe returns to the normal cursor, which I am able to move around the map as per usual. However, when the cursor changes the screen appears to freeze in that everything stops moving (although I am still able to use the mouse). Additionally, it does not allow me to make my move until the screen has unfrozen. The wait time for the screen to unfreeze has steadily increased as the game progressed. I am at 800 BC (marathon) and it takes about 30 seconds for the screen to unfreeze each turn. Although this may not seem like much, that 30 seconds per turn is a lot when a game could go one for well over 1000 turns. I have yet to see anyone on the forums with the same problem and am wondering if I may have missed it. I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter, for I feel this mod is a vast improvement over the vanilla gameplay, but the additional waittime makes it unbearable.

4. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

I've been having the exact same problem. I dislike CiV vanilla or unmodded G&K, but those seem to be the only games which don't crash or slow down severely in the late game (or even the early game)... :sad:

5. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

Is there a trick to getting to "stone" resource? I've never had luck with it. Is there a possibility it's a mod conflict? That is the ONLY bug I seem to have.

6. bnulf12

bnulf12 Chieftain

So, good news and bad news. It appears my civ 5 version is 1.01.705 while the mod only supports 1.01.674. Unfortunately, I am still not sure as to how to downgrade my version on steam

7. kjades

kjades Chieftain

Hi, dunno if anyone already mentioned them, but I found a couple of bugs.

1 - when reloading a saved file, the status bar (the one on the top of the screen) just gets messed up, instead of numbers and values there are just names like "HAPPINESS!" or "RESEARCH!".

2 - I researched the technology enabling docks in coast cities (something really useful indeed). I built one dock in one city (a former city state which I annexed) and then built another city on the coast, far from this last one. Whatever I do or I build in this new city, I cannot build docks. That's rather a problem, since it bursts both production and gold earning from worked water tiles.

Any hints?

If I find any more I'll post, anyway, the mod is really nice and enjoyable, good job. :)

8. DJMurtz

DJMurtz Chieftain

I am having the exact same problem!

9. bnulf12

bnulf12 Chieftain

Since you guys are able to play it (and I assume some of you are playing it through steam) how do you keep it at patch 1.0.1.674?

10. DJMurtz

DJMurtz Chieftain

As far as I know, you don't. When you buy G&K, you can't go back to the old version. I just haven't bought G&K yet.

11. bnulf12

bnulf12 Chieftain

I dont have G&K. 1.0.1.705 was released on July 2 and does not require G&K. I bought the game on Steam during the summer sale and so it was already at 1.0.1.705 when I bought it. I'm not uninstalling any dlc or anything; I just want to roll back to a previous patch

12. Morceratu

Morceratu Chieftain

I've had this happen also when reloading a game when I already had a nights game open. It's solved for me by going back to main menu and reopening mods, reloading from there. If you did a save when you had the issue, I imagine this save might be corrupt though.

You can only build docks if you have a fishing boat active, could that be the issue?

13. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Any mod that alters the tech tree will cause bugs or just won't work in general as multiple mods can't alter the same files. In general, the only mods I can really recommend as being completely safe to play with Nights are Infoaddict and the IGE mod.

Saw your post on the workshop - unfortunately CIV is just poorly optimized, as even vanilla/G+K's has terrible turn times later on in the game, (especially on marathon with lots of Civs and a large map). As for the screen freezing, are you sure you don't have fast unit moves turned on? Because that makes it seem like the screen is freezing, whereas the alternative is watching your screen hop around and lag.

Not possible at the moment - although there shouldn't be any major discrepancies between turn times for these last 2 patches, (unless you have G+Ks installed). If anyone has G+K's installed, make sure you move it out of your DLC folder before playing Nights. My semester ends around August 15th, so during my break between the 15th-30th, I hope to get an updated version out, if not for G+K's, at least for the latest patch.

Hmm - should be there from the start of the game. It was added in a patch, so I'm assuming you've updated your copy of CIV? Having said that, other mods will conflict with Nights due to the amount of changes I've made, so that could be the problem.

1) This happens if you reload from within a game. As of the last few patches, some load orders changed, and this bug will happen. You need to reload a game from the main menu and not from within a game and it won't happen anymore.

2) I believe Docks and Workshops are mutually exclusive, so that might be what's happening. (This was added in the last update, because with some of the Commerce branch bonuses, Docks were just getting to be too powerful).

This could also be what's happening. Good call. :)

14. bokaj

bokaj Chieftain

Great game but I'm experiencing some bugs:
    1. I get a free tech in the beginning but when I click Pottery, I cannot build the buildings that should be unlocked. It's as if I haven't reasearched Pottery.
    2. I can't build the wonder The Pyramids. Although I have two desert cities - none of them can build The Pyramids..

15. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

1) Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the mod installed. Also, routinely clear your Civ V ModUserData and Cache folders, as this fixes most bugs.

2) Hmm - is it possible someone else beat you to it?

I'm also getting close to finishing a G+K's compatible version that includes numerous bug-fixes which I'll port over to the vanilla version once it's completed, so at the very least, once that's released, hopefully both of your bugs, if not resolved with the above steps, will be fixed then.

16. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

is there any real reason why Stone is never a resource on any of the perfectworld3 maps i use?

17. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

New version doesn't seem to be unpacking correctly for me. When I go to the modbrowser it shows the installing bar and then nothing.

18. Balerune

Balerune Prince

Exit the game, go to the mods folder and put the Nights script into the G&K Nights folder(which should now be there); restart the game and it should load and be in the mods screen.

19. Balerune

Balerune Prince

The CS annex bug where you enter the CS screen, exit, and later annex but cannot change anything in the CS screen without exiting the game back to the mod screen and then re-loading the game is still there in the G&K version.

20. isnorden

isnorden Amnesiac Modder

I began a test game with the G&K version and no other mods, playing as Sweden in the Classical Era. Imagine my shock when two troops of Marines were at His Majesty's side to help protect Stockholm!