1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civilization NiGHTS' started by markusbeutel, Aug 26, 2011.

1. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

...That would be shocking. I'll look into why that's occurring. :crazyeye:

2. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

I don't think ships long range is working. I bought a caravel last game and couldn't fire on anything, and in current game I'm not being shot at by barbarian ships.

3. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

This is actually working as intended. In G+K's Firaxis took away the ability for most early ships to use ranged combat, (they just have melee combat - like a warrior that can only hit a target right next to him).

I believe that Frigates are actually the first units to be capable of ranged combat now... It takes some getting used to, but I'm going with their changes for now - unless people really want ranged on all naval units, (although this does currently solve the problem of an AI barb firing on a fortified AI Scout for thousands of years). :crazyeye:

4. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

Alright :) How about worked crabs not giving access to docks?

5. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

That one's legit. :) I'm waiting on a few more minor bugs like that to be reported and then I'll release another update around the weekend, (as I'd like to avoid releasing constant updates for every bug that comes in - pretty much just results in people updating without realizing it, saved games no longer working, and crashes).

I'll do another pass of the rest of the buildings before then as well, as I wouldn't be surprised if Citrus is being neglected on some applicable buildings. :crazyeye:

6. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

I noticed that when I took '+2 Production for coastal cities' from the Commerce tree my production didn't increase. I did however get +2 production on fish, though that might be normal for the mod?

7. Balerune

Balerune Prince

I don't know if this is a problem with G&K or just with this mod but connecting to CS with a road the CS used to build a road out to the edge of their border but no longer do. As I cannot occupy the tile that one of their units are on when the CS have units all over I can't connect a road to them. :)

By the way, this G&K was the expansion that the original game should have been imho.
    And your mod makes it much better. :)

8. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

I thought that was how it always was in nights? For me, if I couldn't get to the capital they would eventually spawn a worker and help out.

9. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Hmm - I haven't encountered this and the policy appears to be working for me in my games... This policy can be awkward to track because it adds the production to the center tile that your city is on, so instead of the 3 food, 2 production, 1 gold that the city starts with, you'd have 3 food, 4 production, 1 gold after that particular policy is activated. Did you center tile get any additional yield?

I think this is more or less just a restriction of the 1UPT system, where CS units can eventually clutter up their land area, as I've noticed it in both vanilla Civ V and in the non-G+K's version of Nights. I'll see if maybe I can limit the CS's to produce less units, (albeit while ensuring that the unit they do produce are of the highest potential quality).

10. Sardauker

Sardauker Chieftain

I'm able to build monasterys without any incense or wine even on the city grid.

11. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Thanks for spotting this - Firaxis made this one the buildings you can purchase through faith, and I've still got them updated as constructible buildings with a now-incorrect tooltip that no longer applies. I'll probably remove them as building options and relegate them to their new purpose as faith buildings and replace them with some other building for this weekend's update.

12. black213

black213 Emperor

There have been a couple of moments where I wasn't able to build Docks in my coastal city that has an improved fish resource within it's radius and has no Workshop. I'm pretty sure that's all the required criteria for building Docks.

13. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

It is, but I forgot to update Docks for crab resources, and this was probably the reason why it was unbuildable. (I'm assuming, that is - as I haven't had any issues building it with fish/whales/pearls - just crabs).

14. Asymptote

Asymptote Chieftain

Hello,
    Im not entirely sure whether this is a bug or just a misunderstanding on my part. But I'm unable to build a Manufactory with a Great Engineer. The option to Hurry Production is available in a city, but outside it there's no option to build a Manufactory.

My game (with God's & Kings) is up to date as is the NiGHTS mod. I've tried clearing the game cache and the ModUserData folder without any improvement.

The mods I have enabled:
    City Limits (v. 3)
    Civilization Nights_Gods_and_Kings (v. 2 - Beta)
    Custom Advanced Setup Screen (v. 5 - Beta)
    InfoAddict (v. 19)
    PerfectWorld3 (v. 1 - Alpha)
    R.E.D. Modpack (v. 15 - Beta)

I've tried playing with just NiGHTs and InfoAddict enabled, but it still doesnt work.

15. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

This isn't actually a bug, (although RED will for sure cause some graphical bugs as both it and Nights tweak various unit formations). Manufactories are actually unlocked with a tech later on in the game (Chemistry) and the same goes for Great Merchant Customs Houses, (now unlocked with Mercantilism), and Academies.

These improvements are now only buildable by regular workers once these specific techs are unlocked, and Great People can only perform their particular unique abilities - like hurrying buildings in the case of the Great Engineer. I may add more unique abilities for Great People sometime in the future, but for now this is the system that's in place. These new improvements also pretty much double the yield of earlier improvements like trading posts and mines, with Academies getting additional yield bonuses for being built next to mountains, and Customs Houses getting the same bonus that Trading Posts get (when they're built directly adjacent to a City).

16. Asymptote

Asymptote Chieftain

Ah, thank you!

17. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

No worries - lots of changes in the mod from vanilla and G+K's that will probably take some getting used to until you've played a few games. :)

18. Balerune

Balerune Prince

Can't build a manufactory on copper mines in the last update.

19. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Thanks for reporting this Balerune - one of those things I easily missed as there's one line of code required to activate improvements for specific terrain types. :crazyeye:

20. Mr.Jamaul

Mr.Jamaul Chieftain

i followed the install instructions but, the tech tree isn't showing up and the txt_key_tech.