NiGHTS: Bug Reports

got rid of the unofficial patch and the tech tree came back but the text was still messed up and some icons are missing.

i followed the install instructions but, the tech tree isn't showing up and the txt_key_tech.

I'll need more info than that to determine the problem...

Are you playing vanilla or the G+K's version of the mod?

Did you manually download it or download it through Steam?

Did you manually clear out your cache and ModUserData folders? (The most important part of the install).

Is your game up to date for the latest patches? (A must).

Do you have multiple versions of Nights installed? (Don't).

Are you concurrently running any other mods? (Don't be).

this is the link to the version i'm using http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16650 and i do have G+K
manually
Did you manually clear out your cache and ModUserData folders? (The most important part of the install).
yes
game version should be up to date it's 1.0.1.705
no
i did have more mods running but i also tried it by itself which fixed the tech tree but the text for each technology still said txt_key_tech for everything.

this is the link to the version i'm using http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16650 and i do have G+K
yes
yes
game version should be up to date it's 1.0.1.705
no
i did have more mods running but i also tried it by itself which fixed the tech tree but the text for each technology still said txt_key_tech for everything.

Alright - you're using the download link for the vanilla version which is why the tech tree isn't working. Clear the cache and ModUserData folders again, then download the file from this link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20051

Should work without any bugs. :) (Make sure to delete the vanilla version as well - best to check your MODS folder to make sure it's deleted, as deleting from within the game doesn't always work).

i noticed now that some of the unit strategy and history info just have txt_key is it suppose to be like this? >.<

i noticed now that some of the unit strategy and history info just have txt_key is it suppose to be like this? >.<

I haven't yet updated anything in the encyclopedia due to the pace at which the mod keeps changing. Each update there's units/techs/buildings/policies that are added and deleted, and constantly updating text tool-tips slows down the process.

Once the mod is more near its completion I'll work on that side of things. :crazyeye:

A minor bug I noticed: I was able to adopt the policy in the Honor tree that should require Hunting without having that technology researched (mod version 4).

When playing this mod(G&K Version) my screen(resolution is 1366*768) cant hold the whole TECH TREE SCREEN , and scroll bar is just out of sight so that I can't view any tech after ancient era... what's more, without pressing esc key i can't exit this screen, because the 'close' button is also out of sight. it occurs similarly on POLICY SCREEN. After trying in 1024*768 resolution(It went even worser), I realize that it's just because my screen resolution is toooooooo low. Maybe 1600*1280 is enough but what should I do now?
p.s. not a native english speaker. sorry for my poor expression :)

When playing this mod(G&K Version) my screen(resolution is 1366*768) cant hold the whole TECH TREE SCREEN , and scroll bar is just out of sight so that I can't view any tech after ancient era... what's more, without pressing esc key i can't exit this screen, because the 'close' button is also out of sight. it occurs similarly on POLICY SCREEN. After trying in 1024*768 resolution(It went even worser), I realize that it's just because my screen resolution is toooooooo low. Maybe 1600*1280 is enough but what should I do now?
p.s. not a native english speaker. sorry for my poor expression :)

While there's no fix for the policy screen at this point - using the fix in the 2nd post of this thread allows you to at least shrink the tech tree so (while the era names will probably be obscured) the scroll bar should be visible.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=460531

The only real solution at this point, though, would be to get a bigger monitor. :)

I wouldn't say this is a bug per say, but I find this beyond annoying.

I am playing the G&K version of NiGHTS, and after making a declaration of friendship with a Civilization the next turn, I am spammed by other civilizations telling me how great it is that I made that declaration seeing as they are also their friend!

After hearing this message over and over, (I'm looking at you Polynesia) it is downright irritating. In a standard game of eight civilizations, declarations of friendship seem to be more trouble than their worth, what with the constant bombardment of these messages.

Also, is it just me, or do declarations of friendship only last a short amount of time now? Thus contributing to the annoyance I outlined above?

Thanks for the time you took to read this,

-AerosolNinja

I wouldn't say this is a bug per say, but I find this beyond annoying.

I am playing the G&K version of NiGHTS, and after making a declaration of friendship with a Civilization the next turn, I am spammed by other civilizations telling me how great it is that I made that declaration seeing as they are also their friend!

After hearing this message over and over, (I'm looking at you Polynesia) it is downright irritating. In a standard game of eight civilizations, declarations of friendship seem to be more trouble than their worth, what with the constant bombardment of these messages.

Also, is it just me, or do declarations of friendship only last a short amount of time now? Thus contributing to the annoyance I outlined above?

Thanks for the time you took to read this,

-AerosolNinja

These changes (having the AI give positive feedback on cohesive friendships), was part of Firaxis' solution to increasing the amount of positive modifiers in the game. I, like you, find it annoying, especially with respect to how often these popups occur, (on top of all of the other cascading notifications that happen on a turn to turn basis). It's also now exacerbated by them telling you they are happy you've chosen similar policies...

While all of these elements are not new to Civ, I think they were handled better in Civ 4, where the notifications were there if you moused over your diplo relationship with the AI, but they didn't beat you over the head with insults or congratulatory remarks every 3 turns, (but under that more nuanced system, we wouldn't get to see the leader animations and graphical prowess that is Civ V). :crazyeye:

Nothing we can really do about this besides changing up the text. Deleting the underlaying mechanics could get messy, as the current diplomacy model kind of needs these positive modifiers to keep the AI from becoming rampaging, bloodthirsty, tyrants 5 turns into a game. ;)

These changes (having the AI give positive feedback on cohesive friendships), was part of Firaxis' solution to increasing the amount of positive modifiers in the game. I, like you, find it annoying, especially with respect to how often these popups occur, (on top of all of the other cascading notifications that happen on a turn to turn basis). It's also now exacerbated by them telling you they are happy you've chosen similar policies...

While all of these elements are not new to Civ, I think they were handled better in Civ 4, where the notifications were there if you moused over your diplo relationship with the AI, but they didn't beat you over the head with insults or congratulatory remarks every 3 turns, (but under that more nuanced system, we wouldn't get to see the leader animations and graphical prowess that is Civ V).

Nothing we can really do about this besides changing up the text. Deleting the underlaying mechanics could get messy, as the current diplomacy model kind of needs these positive modifiers to keep the AI from becoming rampaging, bloodthirsty, tyrants 5 turns into a game.

Damn okay, I was sincerely hoping that such spam could be torn out without any detrimental effects to game play. One can hope anyway.

You did remind me of the other thing I wanted to bring up, but couldn't at the time of posting remember where I saw it.

The policy popup you mentioned, it is really quite an ugly piece of text. I cannot remember exactly what it is, nor, I'm afraid am I currently motivated to go find the offending text and take a screenshot.

It reads poorly, and it contains some grammar errors. Most memorable was the use of a quotation mark instead of an apostrophe.

Damn okay, I was sincerely hoping that such spam could be torn out without any detrimental effects to game play. One can hope anyway.

You did remind me of the other thing I wanted to bring up, but couldn't at the time of posting remember where I saw it.

The policy popup you mentioned, it is really quite an ugly piece of text. I cannot remember exactly what it is, nor, I'm afraid am I currently motivated to go find the offending text and take a screenshot.

It reads poorly, and it contains some grammar errors. Most memorable was the use of a quotation mark instead of an apostrophe.

Yep - and believe it or not, this isn't a mod bug. AFAIK, After the latest vanilla CIV V patch, somehow Firaxis botched apostrophe's, where they now ALL appear as quotation marks... I think I've caught all the instances that occurred in Nights, but they still exist in the base game. To get rid of them, you have to copy and paste text from an outside word text editor - as creating words with apostrophes from within ModBuddy (which Firaxis also uses to make the core game), result in them appearing as quotation marks... :crazyeye:

Hi,

First off, great mod. Been enjoying this for the last week or so. ;)

I play Civ5 entirely in the strategic view, and I've seen to have noticed a couple of units missing icons in strat view. The units I've seen so far are the Gladiator when playing as Iroquois, and the Hospitilar Knight when playing as the Huns.

What's missing is the large circle icon that shows up in non-city hexes on the strat map. The smaller circle icon that appears when on a city is there, just not the bigger one. So, if the unit is outside of a city, it becomes invisible on the strat view map.

I haven't tried any Civ5 modding, so does anyone know an easy fix to this. If its just a matter of editing a text file to make these units point to another icon for another unit, then that would help me out if I knew which file to edit and what the names of the large circle icon image files are.

Thanks again for a fun mod!

I don't know if this is due to your mod or the expansion, but I'm having an odd projectile animation bug. Every projectile in the game is invisible. That includes attacks from archers, siege weapons, cities, and ships. The units doing the attacking go through the animation, and the sound is heard, but the arrows/rocks/missiles themselves are invisible.

Any idea what's causing this?

Another small thing from me - gold from capturing barbarian camps doesn't seem to be scaled with game speed - I'm getting 25 gold on Marathon.

Top Bottom