NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civilization NiGHTS' started by markusbeutel, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ofu

ofu Chieftain

(G&K version)BUG:(:
    1.The first Great Prophet needs 230 faith to born,not 200 as the tip said.
    2.PEGODA(purchased by faith) didn't provide happiness.

2. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Not really sure why this would be happening for just a few specific units - and this'll most likely be tough to pin down... I'll look into it though and see what I can come up with. Make sure to report any other units you find that do this as well so I can look for any patterns in the code to help me solve the bug. :)

Most likely a mod conflict, from concurrent mods you have installed, or any mods you at one point installed in the past. Make sure you manually delete the contents of your Civ V cache and ModUserData folders - which should solve this problem. Also don't have any other mods active besides potentially IGE or InfoAddict, and make sure you only have 1 version of Nights installed.

I'll check this out - do you know what it should be scaling to based on vanilla? (I don't play Marathon as my comp just chugs on that setting - so there may be more things that need extra balancing on this setting). :crazyeye:

1. This'll be corrected in the next update.
    2. This shouldn't be happening as I'm not altering that specific code - but I've noticed some wonky statistics regarding Happiness in the base game as well. Looking into it - thanks for bring this up. :)

3. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

Egyptian UB (Entrepot ?) does not provide food bonus to any G&K ressource (crab, salt, jewelry etc.)

4. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Gah. :crazyeye: Figured I would miss something like this - I think I caught all of the regular buildings at this point, forgot this UB though. Thanks for finding this. :)

5. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

In normal game the barb camps give 75 gold on Marathon.

One more thing: In my game one of the Mercantile CS has Truffles on its city tile, but when I allied with them, I didn't get the Truffles. The tooltip says that it "requires Trapping to use", but there is no such tech as Trapping in the tech tree.

(v4)

6. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

The policy "POLICY_BONUSSSSSSS8" (commerce: 15 % production bonus and 30 XP for navy) is not working (G&K version of the mod) because
    "UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL" is gone.
    It's now "UNITCOMBAT_NAVALMELEE" and "UNITCOMBAT_NAVALRANGED".
    You might want to change this for the G&K version.
    Same issue with the harbor building btw.

7. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

1. Diplomacy Overview "Your Relationships" shows one city-state when I have met many, and the information on it is incorrect (says it's angry when it's really friendly) - also it says "YOU HAVE NOT MET ANY CITY-STATES" in addition to this information!

2. Diplomacy Overview has a "TXT_KEY_DO_TRADE_STATUS" header which when I click it does nothing!

8. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Great Prophets can't clear forests to construct a holy site - the button is disabled, and I get a warning saying I need Mining, despite being in the Medieval era, and having researched Mining at the very beginning of the game! If you intended for me to need a worker to clear the forest first, maybe the warning should say that instead? :)

9. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

In the G&K version, Templar Knights say they require a Cathedral, but it's actually the Abbey which unlocks them. Did you rename the vanilla Cathedral to Abbey since G&K adds its own Cathedral unlocked by faith?

10. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

The Ironclad had a ranged combat strength value, but has no ranged attack! Is this a bug, or does this serve to make it vulnerable to ranged attacks (since its ranged attack is less than its melee)?

11. Aerolight

Aerolight Chieftain

I have exactly the same problem as #587. Looking for a solution.
    Also eager to know when to update this mod, for incorrect descriptions from time to time..
    btw here is a link of my translation for this mod to chinese:
    http://civclub.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=106885

12. Aerolight

Aerolight Chieftain

It seemed that my report has been banned for its links.
    First of all I've got the same problem as #587 when playing G&K version. This does not cause major difficulties, since it's just a shortcut to other functions.

But what's more I'm unable to start a single game using vanilla version. I made it to Game Setting screen and everything seemed ok(civ uu,ub & ua are all correctly shown), then I clicked "Start Game" , system stopped to react and in about 5 seconds I got the notification "Civilization V has stopped working". I'm using Win7 and CivV705 with all DLCs(except G&K) enabled. no other mods is enabled.
    Looking forward to your solution.

13. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Administrator Supporter

Sorry, it's there now.
    You've been caught by our spam protection mechanisms, which are set to a high level. It was not specifically about that link, and should probably not happen again :).

14. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

I lost my capital, and then I got a notice: You have completed Palace! Choose a free technology... WTF?!

edit: worse, it happens EVERY time I lose my "replacement" capital!

15. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Linked academies don't seem to provide any culture as their description says...

16. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

non-G&K bug to report:

With the newest version of NiGHTS, there is an almost 100% reliable CTD after the AI completes a cultural revolution. I think it has to do with the scripts removal or addition of revolution embassy. If someone can explain how to to submit a .lua report or something, i'd be happy to, because this has ruined the last 8 or 9 of my last 10 games, being unable to get through the classical age because of a permanent CTD.

17. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Could be happening for a lot of reasons...

Make sure you:

• Have only one copy of Nights installed.
    • If you've installed G+K's, remove it from your DLC folder when playing Nights vanilla.
    • Clear the contents of you cache and ModUserData folders.
    • Are you playing with any other mods active?
    • If at any point you've installed the cultural capitals mod, (which the revolutions component is an offshoot of) uninstall it completely, as it'll cause crashes/conflicts.
    • Manually check your MODS folder to make sure you only have Nights installed.

18. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

i use the austrohungarian NiGHTS faction component, perfect world 3 (v.4) and not another city states mod.

I did a complete computer reformat a few weeks ago, reinstalled everything through the workshop downloads, and aside from nonactivated WW2 R.E.D. mod files, those are the only ones on my entire system.

and i dont have G&K yet at all, so that isnt an issue either.

19. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Hmm - I haven't looked at the Austrohungarian component so I couldn't say if that's the problem - might be worth a try without though and see what happens. Perfect World won't be causing the problem - NACSM could be causing some bugs though - also try moving the WW2 RED pack out of your MODS folder and see if that changes anything.

Most importantly though is clearing your cache and ModUserData folders - that alone fixes most bugs.

20. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

When playing the Persians there Paramone Windmill doesn't seem to get +2 Production when taking the 'Workshops generate an additional +2 production'

EDIT: scratch that! wasn't paying attention to the fact that windmills don't equal workshop. D'Oh