NinNES I: Antiquity Broken

Orders sent

Nicely done everybody.

I now need only Veneti and Tetwan.

[size=+1]Land of the Horses[/size]​

The great Scythian capital Kazakh overlooked the plain where more horses than any other known nation roamed freely. The Scythians worked hard to keep their horses the finest mounts in the world. Many Scythians built miniature house-like buildings for their horses, called Stables, and the horses were the fastest, because the people held horse races all the time to find the fastest horses to breed.

Koloksai looked over his shoulder as he watched a horse race. Here came some strangely dressed people, probably from the south. Koloksai stood up and greeted the strangers.
The leader, a man wearing a white robe, bowed and said, "We have heard that your horses are finer than any other lands. Therefore, we would like to offer you a deal. We will send you gold if you send us horses."
Koloksai thought for a moment. "What is the name of your country?"
The man smiled. "That's not important." He threw a bag of gold down. "Maybe this will help you think faster."
Koloksai knew right then that he would have to think longer becuase of that, but he simply replied, "Be my guest and enter those tents right there." The strangers thanked the chief and headed for the shelter of the tents.
Yes, it will be long day...

No More Revisions Beyond This Point

New orders still acceptable. Update likely up Thursday, maybe Friday if I am really behind.

No More Orders Beyond This Point

Updating has begun.

Update 2- 990 B.C.

Middle Eastern News

Phoenicia Stumped Again! A few years ago, Phoenician individuals were tasked with improving colonial efficiency. They failed. This time, they were told to invent a standardized measurement scale. A good idea, but once again failure met them, as very few people were able to agree on what measurement was what, or what to base the entire system off of.

Phoenicians Look West The young city of Carthage received a massive overhaul recently. A smallish colony like many others, this strategically placed city was the lucky recipient of a port expansion. The size has easily been doubled in the colony, and long range Phoenician trade has become much more logistically possible. +1 EP, +1 Fish.

Urartu Gains an Identity The nation of Urartu is young. Thus, it is no surprise that people there have had trouble describing who they are. This has changed now. A Cultural Library, home of the tales, stories, artifacts, and history of the entire nation has been completed. Some people have also begun to question. Upon seeing how much they did not know, they argue there is surely more to come. +1 TP

Trojans Advance Their Knowledge Troy made great leaps and bounds this year, as they invested heavily into the idea of higher mathematical theory. While some pragmatists criticized the move initially, the advancements in both architecture and war engines have made even skeptics believe. -1 cost of all buildings. Catapult enabled.

New Unit: Catapult 4,0,1,8,4. Requires Copper. Requires mathematical advancements or reverse engineering.

Trojan-Alba Longan Alliance Old friends renewed their relations this last year, when the two nations officially declared themselves allies for the future of the Mediterranean nations. While this alliance clearly helps the factions involved, both Italian and Greeks nations have bee highly cautious o the move.

Trojans Expand Trade The Trojans economic power come into play recently, as the nation commissioned a doubling in size for all of their ports. Such a move takes most nations a long time, but the Trojans managed to complete both this, and another project. Their nation-wide marketplaces system was expanded to their newest acquisition of Crete, and the island has been profiting greatly. +3 EP

Mediterranean News

993 B.C. - Athenian King Dies at Age 43 At 43 years of age, the king Archippus died. He had been gravely ill, and the healers could not do anything for him except ease his passing. His only son, Thersippus, has taken the throne now. Though young, he has managed to instill a great deal of confidence in his nation in only a short time. +1 Political Unity

Athenians Continue to Sail The Kingdom of Athens has found more success with colonies recently, as the Bosphorus region of Thrace has been colonized. Thoug htheir last colony upset the native populace, this new colony had natives highly eager to join Athens. They have revealed hidden benefits to this land as well. +3EP, +1 Fish, +1 Copper.

Alba Longans Continue to March Despite the fact that casualties remain high, the Alba Longan invasion of Estrucia is in full swing. The western parts of the nation were lightly defended, and fell relatively easily. The eastern front held, and inflicted minor wounds on the invaders. -2 raider infantry.

Alba Longan Wine Multiplies The nation of Alba Longa is relatively famous for having fine wine. They took advantage of that, and have expanded their nation's vineyards substantially. +1EP, +1 Wine.

Alba Longan Merchants Find Great Riches The merchants of Alba Longa have undertaken a variety of trade missions over the course of the last decade, specifically to find new wealth. They actually succeeded, as they have found a variety of new markets to export goods to, and also a handful of African tribes with whom they are trading. +1EP, +1 Ivory.

Venetians Expand East The city-state of Veneti have expanded east, after many years of preparation. Natives in the area were almost non-existent, and they managed to settle colonies all along Histria. +1 EP, +1 Fish

Veneti Feast Brings People Together A great feast was held in Veneti last year, as Lombards, Illyrians, Elians, and even Spartans came to pay homage to Merqurios, or Mercury. This has greatly strengthened feelings of unity and pride throughout all of the affected nations. +1 Political Stability.

Calabrian Borders Secure The expanding kingdom of Calabria has managed to institute a new system, where their borders are patrolled and their cities watched, even at night. It has greatly improved safety and security throughout the nation, and the people have begun to trust in their government a tad bit more. +1 Political Stability.

Calabria Invades Oscans! Further demonstrating their new aggressive policies, the Calabrians have moved up the Italian peninsula. They struck at the Oscan tribe, who were unable to field a major army quickly enough. Though minor casualties were sustained, the economic gains are though to have outweighed them. -2 swordsmen, -2 archers. +2 EP, +1 Pork, +1 Fish.

Calabrian Unity in Question After conquering so much territory, it is expectd one has to unite those lands. To their credit, the Calabrians attempted to merge their own culture with that of the newly conquered natives, but it did not work very well. Vocal protests were common and a number of local officials had to be replaced by loyal Calabrian generals. -1 Political Unity

Central Europe News

Thuringians unite Danube The Thuringians tribe has been growing, and last year held the most important moment for their tribe to date. They manage to drive the Celtic remnants of the old guard old, and claim much of the Danube lands for their own. With almost no casualties to speak of, it makes sense that they would be optimistic for the future. +2 EP, + 1 Iron, +1 Pork. -1 Political Stability.

Thuringian Farmers Multiply After conquering the Danube, many people were left hungry. Many also lacked jobs. The creation of numerous smaller settlements all along the Danube, committed to farming, solved both of these problems at once. The only downside is that a number of soldiers have now retired for the quiet life. +3 EP, -2 raider infantry.

Balkans News

Macedonians Leap Into the World of Civilization The Macedonian kingdom found great success quite recently, as their king instituted a number of minor policies and changes that brought the people of Macedonia up in stature and political capability. +3 EP, (Classified Bonus)

Macedonians March to Greece! Though no true Greek state has yet been attacked, all signs suggest it will be. With the Macedonians marching farther south, they have established their border around Larissa. Though the gains of the captured land are only marginal, they open the door to a whole new land. -1 raider infantry, -1 horseman, +1 EP.

Steppes News

Heruli invades Mezoscat! The Heruli people found a great amount of trouble recently, as their chief ordered a full-scale invasion of the southern Mezoscat. Their assorted light army marched across the foothills seperating them, claiming them for the Heruli, before meeting the Mezoscat. Sadly, the Mezoscat were expecting them. The scouts were killed, and the invasion halted before it began. -1 horseman, +1 EP.

Heruli Library Complete Despite being a nomadic people, who seem entirely focused on war, the Heruli people showed a new side recently. They managed to collect their people's history into a library of sorts, with cherished artifacts telling the tales of these people.

Heruli Expand Economy Perhaps more surprising is the move to expand the economy. A grand marketplace in their capitol, with smaller versions throughout the nation, were brought into being. They have increased trade and wealth for the nation, and implies that perhaps these people are not as barbaric as many other nations seem to think. +1 EP

Scythian Nation Created While the Scythians have always been a disjointed people, they now seek to undo that rift. The West branch managed to unite the East branch with themselves, and the future is looking bright for this nation. +1 Political Unity, +5 EP, +1 Horses, +1 Gold, +2 Wheat, +3 raider infantry, +2 slingers, +3 horsemen.

Scythian Republic Shot Down The great Scythian nation attempted to institute a new form of government. They tried to create a republican government, in which the local councils elect leaders, rather than it being hereditary. While many people supported the plan, too many petty chieftains refused to support the move for it to actually pass.

Africa News

Tetwani Expedition Shipwrecked A small expedition of soldiers that were coming up from Gibraltar, Tetwan were aiming at landing in Celtici land, and expanding their colonial range. However, massive storms shipwrecked the short of their destination, though an unplanned colony did come out of it. +1 EP

Tetwan Nation Repelled in Algiers with a much smaller populaation density in Algiers, it was expected that a small force of men could push back the few natives living there. Not so. They resisted heavily, and only the tiniest gain has been made in the area. -1 slinger, -1 horseman.

Map: europele1.png

@ christos200- You had one extra EP I forgot to add in. It has been banked.

@ mythmonster2- The rule amendment means you already have contact with the Sicels.

@ Gem Hound- Please try to elaborate on orders in the future, so far it has been working, but it still is kind of light.

@ Bair_the_Normal- I can respond to NPC diplo in the thread. If you want that message to be private, PM me again. Otherwise, post it here.

@ All Tribal Players- TP is almost useless for you. Until you do the social reformation, you will not be able to spend TP efficiently. You can still use it, but the odds of success are drastically lower.

@ spaceman98- You didn't finish your project, so the military part of your orders was nullified.

Stats are up.

@ Gem Hound -

Forgot to mention that you can't spend EP on tech directly, only TP. EP is for projects and troops. Banked it.

Stats are up.

@ Gem Hound -

Forgot to mention that you can't spend EP on tech directly, only TP. EP is for projects and troops. Banked it.
Okay, I'll elaborate on what that EP was for next time I do that. ;) Forgot to elaborate on that.

People.

I am a little concerned about this, as there appears to be little to no player interest in this. I will continue to mod this as long as I can, but I need the players to, you know, PLAY.

Especially considering that the trade thing was overhauled, I had expected a little more diplo to occur. It hasn't.

So, I am going to ask a question, and replies would be appreciated.

What should I change? What needs to be elaborated? What is unnecessary, and what seems to be missing? Have I somehow failed as mod?

I am well aware this is a flawed game, but I am more concerned about what I can do to improve upon the structure and make my next games better.

My sincerest apologies for staying so quiet in the thread. I've been fairly busy recently, as school is getting back in full swing. It is an interesting game - you just need to understand that sometimes games have quiet times and active times. Once something dramatic happens in the game (Major wars, dramatic events, etc), this thread will be much more active.

To: Alba Longa

Although we have been expanding north, rest assured that we have no interest on entroching on your lands.

To: Anyone

The King of Calabria is willing to purchase timber for some of the treasures of Reggio (aka EP).

To: Calabria:

King Atys will extend the same offer, you have the rights to everything in Italy south of our current borders.

@Nintz

You haven't done anything wrong, as far as I can tell. People aren't posting because, well, there just isn't much to talk about right now. For me, anyway.

Also, I like the timer. Very useful. Now if other mods could use it...

Finally, what do "Advanced naval training enabled" and "Advanced copper unit training enabled" mean?

what this game needs.... Is stories!(Not from me... Yet.)
To the King of Athens
Your new colonies near Troy worry me. I suggest that you hand control of them over to my kingdom immediately. If you do not agree to this, military action will be taken. I cannot allow any Greeks to have a place to launch attacks on Troy itself. Your people have attacked my people in the past, there is no reason why they would not attack again.

Sincerely, Priam III

OOC: I also apologize for the lack of input here. College has started, and I've been spending much of my time with that as I got used to it. Hopefully, soon, I'll know how much time I can really devote to this kinda stuff.

OOC: I enjoyed the game so far, but university got me back and as DC said, there is not much diplo to do for me at the moment, too. Maybe there would be some more action, if the big empires (Assyria, Egypt, Hittite) try to meddle a bit more in the affairs of the mediterranean civilizations?

I'll try to write another story, but unfortunally it's kind of hard, as English isn't my first language ;)

From Macedonia
To Athens:

Any expansion in Thrace, coast of Macedonia or central Greece will be considered a threat to Macedonia. We are also Greeks*, so dont force us to take action against you and ally with Troy.

* And because we are Kingdom and not city state does not mean that we are not Greeks. It means that we are smarter than the rest of you.

OOC: I'm not doing diplo mainly because I can't contact anyone in my position. My story is coming soon!

Land of the Horses, Part 2

Koloksai stood in his tent, thinking of ways to outsmart whatever plot was happening around him. Who were these people, and what did they want? He already had enough to worry about, with the tribal chiefs refusing to allow power to be voted on.
There must be something these people wanted, besides horses. What could it be? Then it dawned on him. If they were allowed to get some horses, they would have to enter into the stables and see the horses. They were after the Scythian secrets!
Koloksai called for the spy to come to him. The tall man smiled as he entered the tent. "So you've thought about my offer, eh?" This man was too confident. Koloksai gritted his teeth. "I will not allow you to steal my secrets on my land, Persian Spy!" Koloksai ejected the last two words as if they were some sort of fly in his mouth. The man's eyes grew large, and anger filled his voice, as he shouted, "How on earth do you find out?"
Koloksai laughed. "You think I would tell my secrets? The Scythians would like honorable, open dealings, not attempts to spy and take our horses." The man clenched his fists, swinging wildly at Koloksai...

OOC: The suspense is killing you. :p

To: Medea

We are seeking out timber for our lands, and wonder if you have any. If you do, would you consider trading it for our valuable horses?

To the King of Athens
Your new colonies near Troy worry me. I suggest that you hand control of them over to my kingdom immediately. If you do not agree to this, military action will be taken. I cannot allow any Greeks to have a place to launch attacks on Troy itself. Your people have attacked my people in the past, there is no reason why they would not attack again.

Sincerely, Priam III

To: Troy

No. We will not submit to your outrageous demands. We were originally going to try to improve relations, but it seems that you simply do not know the meaning of "peace".

From Macedonia
To Athens:

Any expansion in Thrace, coast of Macedonia or central Greece will be considered a threat to Macedonia. We are also Greeks*, so dont force us to take action against you and ally with Troy.

* And because we are Kingdom and not city state does not mean that we are not Greeks. It means that we are smarter than the rest of you.

To: Macedonia

Very well then. Note that we already have colonies in Thrace, and we will (obviously) not give them up. I see you are planning to invade Greece...

* You do realize that all the Greek city-states are kingdoms, right? Also, since we are a civilized nation, we would probably be more advanced than you.

Top Bottom