Nomadic Devourer Civilisation for Erebus - Panivo

Hi,

I've decided to tweak the World spell so that it isn't city focussed. As well as opening up the borders of other Civilisation, I also want to give all the Panivo a temporary, one use only promotion that will allow them to teleport over a long range. I thought that this could be based on the basic paradrop that is used in Civ but I can not find any of the code for the paradrop. Does anyone know where it is?

Lplate

Hi,

I've managed to get lots of little pieces of python working for me but am stuck on what is probably one of the most basic python actions -

If I have the integer ID of a unit, how do I get the plot coordinates of the unit using this?

LPlate

I just read all thread.

You did have great ideas! :thumbsup:

I like the originality you got in designing both this civ' game mechanichs and lore.

Expecially the origin is quiet perfect and so their alignment and religions fits them as a glove.

Genius.

I have a suggestion: could you give all Panivo - or at least military and workers - units +1 movement.

If you cannot add it as a unit techinical specifics you could make a "Nomad" promotion.

This both to recreate their lore traits and providing a mobility bonus I think necessary.

So long that nomadic people fighting units are usually more rapid than sedentary ones.

And in the particular case of Panivo, their exploiting system need workers to have more labour force both they have to exploit the tile or to move to another tile.

But generally all Panivo should have it, both for realism and to provide the means to fulfill their system advantages.

Just a suggestion to give you feedback.

Good work

I've decided on my Druid equivalent for the Panivo - Nihilists.
Instead of Groves, they're based in Withered Groves. Rather than having a Nature affinity, they have an Entropy affinity. They can't carry birds.

Spoiler :
If our history has taught us anything, it is that even the Gods will die. It is the ultimate truth of nature that everything will wither and die.
Pray to your God, pick your side and fight to win the coming battle.
Just remember that whichever side wins today, whether Good or Evil,
however many and great their achievements after the battle . . . one day, each and every one of the victorious and even the God they worship will be dead and gone.

Instead of Entangle, I was going to give them Rot on the Branch, to temporarily reduce the food produced in all the surrounding tiles by 1.

To emphasise the Panivo hatred of Sucellus and everything associated, I was going to give the Panivo Nihilists a unique spell to destroy Yggsdrassil, Wither the One Tree. It would require at least 3 Nilihists on the Yggsdrassil tile. There would be a significant delay on the spell to give others a chance to intervene.
The spell would destroy Yggsdrassil and replace it with The Withered One, a unique feature which would reduce the combat abilities of any animals/beasts close to it.
On a successful casting, all Followers of Leaves, the Elohim and the civilisation on who's territory Yggsidrassil was, would declare war on the Panivo (unless they're vassals of the Panivo).
All Cities with FoL would get extra unhappiness. The city where FoL was founded would go into riots for several turns. Panivo cities would get a happiness bonus.

LPlate

4lexander,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm already giving the Panivo a bonus against animals in their racial promotion. I'm wary of making the racial promotion overpowered.

That said, I may need to consider giving the Panivo an alternative way to get the Mobility promotion as Horseback Riding isn't of great interest to the Panivo.

The Panivo specific improvements, Exploitation and Culling Field won't take as long to develop as Farms or Pastures so the Workers won't need an extra movement.

LPlate

I noticed earlier in the thread that you're considering giving them a fast-moving melee(?) unit to balance their lack of mounted units. You might also consider having their melee units start with the Formation I promotion, giving them a bonus against mounted units -- after all, they know how to kill horses, elephants, camels, etc., right?

Or perhaps bring back the Spearman - Pikeman line of units from BtS? (Suitably renamed, of course.)

Just some brief thoughts for your consideration.

Hi,

After further consideration, I've realised that 4lexander's suggestion is better than my original approach. I'm going to get rid of the pseudo mounted units, Sidesteppers and Twisted Bows. There would have been potential for units to have inappropriate combat bonuses/penalties against them.

Instead, I'm going to create an Enter the Maze spell, castable wherever there's a Ceridwen's Maze. There will be a (significant) chance to lose the unit. Recon units will have a better chance at working out how to navigate it. I'll also give an increased chance of success based on the unit's level. Any who successfully emerge will have the Sidestepper promotion - Mobility, Chance to Retreat and Ignore Walls.

This should help keep a bit of focus on Recon rather than Melee but means that the Melee line is not redundant.
It addresses the inability of the Panivo to destroy the walls of the opposition (due to their lack of siege weapons).
It will keep Ceridwen's Maze as a useful building right up to the end game.

LPlate

Hi,

I'm putting the initial draft of the Panivo mod up. It's done as a module for RifE

This has the Civilization, Leaders (Gorta & Seerson), Buildings (Rings of Entropy, Ceridwen's Maze, Palace, Temple of Triumvirate), Working spells (Relocate, On-Season, Enter the Maze, Distorted Senses), Promotions, (Devourer, Senser, Distorted Senses), Units (Nihilist, Beast Slayer, Senser, Panivo Mage and Panivo Adept).

LPlate

Future Plans

Relocate
Spoiler :
Add temporary happiness.
Move Great people.
Move all mobile buildings in production queue, not just the one which is currently at the top of the list.

Heroes
Spoiler :
Fix Slitinn and add in Event Hero Abol

Spells
Spoiler :
Run the Maze - Allow Sidesteppers to teleport to a random city with a maze.
Salted Earth - Reduce an Off-Season city to a ruin. Make all exploited tiles in the cross of the city one worse on the scale. Increase armageddon count based on the scarred/ruined land.
World Spell, openings
Rot on the Branch (Nihilist spell) - this will destroy crop bonus on the casting plot and temporarily reduce food from surrounding tiles.
Wither the one Tree - spell to destroy Yggdrassil

Promotions
Spoiler :
Glory Seeker - +1 to attack when attacking a unit whose base defence is higher than the attackers base attack. This would be for the Beast Slayers but would also be a possibility for Grigori adventurers.

Rustling
Spoiler :
Rustling has previously been suggested for nomadic civs and it's particularly appropriate for the Panivo, given the destruction of their own herds in the Culling Fields and their greedy attititude to resources. Spell and promotions will need to be developed for this.

Python
Spoiler :
Generally, it could be tidier. Getting it to work was my first priority.
Automatic slaying of foreigners when a city is conquered, along with destruction of FoL temples is to be added as an onCityAcquiredandKept action.
I've done python for onCultureExpansion but it hasn't worked. I need to confirm whether this has been modularised.
Temple of Triumvirate is still just a Pagan temple. The bonus happy for AV and negative happy for good religions need to be added.

Art
Spoiler :
All buttons need to be done.
Graphics for improvements and the new units is needed.
The citystyle needs to be amended so that the tents/yurts are used in all eras.
I need to recheck all of the units to see that an appropriate graphic is being used.
I need to get some art for the pedia too.

If anyone tries it, let me know how you get on and what suggestions you have.
I'd especially welcome suggestions on rate of improvement degeneration and the values of these improvements.

Small update:
Enter the Maze Spell is now working allowing units to get the Sidestepper promotion if they successfully navigate the maze.
Chances of making it through safely are higher for Recon units, experienced units, units with Dimensional magic. Some techs will also improve your chances.

Run the Maze Spell is now working. This teleports a Sidestepper to a random other city with a maze.

Panivo now slaughter the entire population when they conquer a city.

I decided to try the Panivo. See attached screenshot for the result.

I have no idea if this is connected to my playing the Panivo, but have never seen this happen before, so reporting it here.

I haven't come across that before. I'll try to see if there's anything that would have triggered that.

I started two more games and it happened again twice more, once (again) when playing as the Panivo, and once when not (I didn't check World Builder to see if the Panivo were in that game, sorry).

I deleted the Panivo folder from the Modules folder and started another game, no such result.

I don't know if any of my game settings would have affected this, but here goes:

Huge, Tectonics, 60% water, Normal Aridity, Orcish Swarms, Wildlands, Blessing of Amathaon, Living World, Wild Mana, Feral Mana, Mana Guardians, No Liberation, All Unique Features, Dark Forests, Broader Alignments. I also blocked the Hamstalfar civ from being in the game.

Hi,

Few more bugs fixed.
Relocate shouldn't give free catapults anymore and it should revitalise all the trading camps.
Error corrected in OnBeginTurn code.

Nor'Easter

I'll try a game with those settings and see what happens.

Nor'Easter,

Triggered the same fault as you. Debug detected an issue during the setting up of the map. Made a quick fix to the OnBeginTurn code and the error didn't recur the next time I tried it.

Nor'Easter,

Triggered the same fault as you. Debug detected an issue during the setting up of the map. Made a quick fix to the OnBeginTurn code and the error didn't recur the next time I tried it.

Congrats on finding -- and fixing! -- the problem so quickly. I'll reinstall and give it another try.

EDIT: Also, might be good to update the first post of this thread with the latest version, so people can find it more easily, the way Valk does with the RifE "Download and Current Changelog" thread or how Kael used to do with the FfH2 Bug Thread.

Top Bottom