None Shall Pass 2 [Sign-Up Thread]

Zack

99% hot gas
None Shall Pass 2

Sequel to None Shall Pass

An ancient evil arises. The Door of Night is broken. Morgoth has returned.

Now hurry and kill him, goddamn it!

Game Features:

• Your favorite Lord of the Rings and Star Wars characters, including some returning characters from None Shall Pass.

• Not a simple mafia vs. town setup. There are additional parties which might be neutral, hostile, or even friendly. Unlike the first game, there's no split town (i.e. there is only one, unified town as is more typical).

• The bad guys could be anyone. Similarly, anyone can be good or neutral.

• Everyone has a unique role and at least one ability.

• There is one item in the game – the One Ring.

• Investigations are not 100% effective. They are useful, but not infallible.

• Unlimited private communication.

• Upon a player's death, their alignment and role will be (truthfully) revealed.

• As always, twists and turns.

• Plenty of humor.

• For more information, click here.

None Shall Pass? What's this all about? Why should I play in this game?

Zack: One question at a time. Let's be civilized.

Question: None Shall Pass?

Zack: Large mafia game hosted by Zack in Fall 2013. Four main teams dueling it out against each other in a bloody free-for-all. The Star Wars Town, Lord of the Rings Town, Star Wars Cult, and Lord of the Rings Cult all need to eliminate all three other teams in order to ensure victory. There was also a serial killer from neither universe. The Lord of the Rings Town won the game. If you're curious about the "story", I recommend you read through the updates, but the gist of it is that Star Wars characters and Lord of the Rings characters waged war.

Question: What's this all about?

Zack: Be more specific.

Question: Tell me about None Shall Pass 2.

Zack: That's not a question.

Question: Tell me about None Shall Pass 2?

Zack: It's the direct sequel to None Shall Pass. Several years have passed since the First Intergalactic Battle for Middle-Earth, and an uneasy truce has developed into a friendly peace. Now, an ancient evil returns, intent on killing everyone. There are also other factions afoot, who may or may not be hostile. Read the “Game Features” section in post #1 for more.

Question: Similarities to None Shall Pass?

Zack: Size, story, humor, setting, style. Every player has a role and at least one ability. There are unconventional twists.

Question: Differences?

Zack: The town is unified, the setup is not open, and more care has been taken in ensuring each player's role is interesting and unique. Role PMs feature Personal Goals, alignment (e.g. evil, good - different from your faction), and more in-depth character backgrounds. The One Ring is an item, and the ability system has been streamlined, ditching the system of shared abilities that can progress to higher forms. And more.

Question: Why should I play this game?

Zack: The first game was extremely successful, and this one will be better (at least on my end). Arguably the most active game ever played on CFC, with well over two thousand posts... I can already see you getting bored and rolling your eyes. If you liked the first game, you will like this one, and reaction to the first game was extremely positive.

Question: You know you sound like a pompous ass?

Zack: Hey, I resemble that remark! To show my humility, and in fairness to anyone still reading this drivel, I've included (totally real) negative reviews along with the (totally real) positive ones.

Spoiler :
2013 Awards related to None Shall Pass:
  • Game Contributing the Most to the Decline of Western Civilization (1st place, 9.7 / 10)
  • Most Enjoyable Game (1st place, 9.25 / 10)
  • Best Large Game (1st place, 9.75 / 10)
  • This Game-o was Lame-o (1st place, 10 / 10)
  • Best Setting/Storyline (2nd place, 8.67 / 10)
  • Best Host (1st place, 9.38 / 10)

Positive:

Spoiler :

Negative:

Star Wars sucks and Lord of the Rings is lame. Unsurprisingly, None Shall Pass sucked and was lame.

Positive:

Its over. What a great game.

Well played LOTR town, you got the victory in the end! I was rooting for you.

Negative:

Before None Shall Pass, my IQ was 101. After the game, I took an IQ test and discovered that my intelligence quotient had now dropped a full point to 100. None Shall Pass murdered my brain cells and made me stupider.

Contact your local congressman about stopping Zack before he hosts another game bringing us one step closer to slobbering Neanderthals.

Positive:

Damn. Thank you very much for the game Zack! I enjoyed it a lot!

Congratulations to LOTR town for the victory.

SW town was so close to clutching victory from the jaws of defeat. Well played team, well played.

Negative:

Zack is a loser and his games are derivative tripe.

Positive:

Great game by everyone! We almost pulled it out in the end but very well played by LOTR.

I was glad to have made it to the end in this incredible game Zack

Negative:

I found the writing shallow and pedantic. My four-year-old niece agreed.

Positive:

What a fantastic game. Loved watching it play itself out. Glad to be an early sacrifice for the winning team.

Negative:

Thoroughly mediocre. So forgettable I can't even remember what I'm referring to anymore.

Positive:

This was a great game that seemed to always have a different faction in the lead. No sooner than one side thought they might be comfortable, then something happened to change the stakes entirely.

Negative:

Terrible. So, so terrible.

Positive:

Damn that was sooooo close. Great game everybody, and a huge thank you to Zack for hosting it. Surprised I almost was able to pull it out, despite me hitting every major roadblock conceivable between getting injured by Double A for two nights and trying to flip the ONE SW player that was not a legal option. Damn you, Frozen in Ice.

Negative:

I recently contracted herpes. I have reason to believe None Shall Pass was the source.

Positive:

Good game Zack, well hosted and great write ups.

Negative:

If this abomination of a game gets a sequel, stay away. For the love of God, stay away!

Positive:

Nice game! I wanna play the sequel!

[32 / 32]

Visorslash
Verarde
Sprig
choxorn
SouthernKing
Tanar Aerdoth
azzaman333
spaceman98
Riedquat
TFT
SamSniped
Backwards Logic
BSmith1068
Newyn
Count Dingdong
KingMorgan
Legato Endless
JohannaK
Snerk
remake20
Winston Hughes
Arakhor
Takhisis
Kennigit
topsecret
Jarrema
Buddhafish
edse
Swammerdami
christos200
CivGeneral
Double A

[3]

Internet Flea
johnhughthom
StMarco

wild hyenas wouldn't be able to keep me away from playing in this game.

How do I love thee, None Shall Pass? I'd count the ways, but I'm too lazy to say more than "IN".

Imma be a reserve because omnipresent math homework.

GLORY TO SAURON

umm... I mean In

GLORY TO SAURON

Considering I won't be disappearing randomly for a couple weeks this time because of school, in.

Hmmm, I don't have a ton of time, but:

I'll play, so long as all of you agree to do exactly what I tell you to do so that I... uhhh, we all win. Deal?

Top Bottom