Notes on 1.069

I like making conquest hard because it's my favorite playstyle. If people want peaceful games harder too, we could raise building maintenance, instead of my earlier suggestion to lower unit maintenance. Another alternative is we could buff the upgrade/maintenance bonuses from Honor/Nationalism policies.

I'd say making conquest a bit harder is good for gameplay as conquest victory is easier than peaceful ones ( since the AI's weak point is the tactical combat while they handle their economy well ) .

I agree unit maintenance needs to be lower, especially if you plan not to reduce unit upgrade costs ( people focusing on military will have less maintenance expenses which will make unit upgrades costs less painful, which is good ) .

Honor does need a boost imo, especially the opener doesn't seem competitive vs tradition and liberty ( just like vanilla tbh ) . you could make it ( and the azted UA ) give more culture, or you could make it give culture also for non-barbarians and change the aztec UA.

Reducing it to 4 and 40 would make them more expensive in both cases. Raising it to 6/60 was the approach I took to a rise in unit cost from 1.4 to 1.8 (from vem), and unit strength from vanilla to gk. That should preserve the vem gold cost balance with unit upkeep and income.

Building upkeep is mostly balanced as several buildings are already higher in GEM. I would consider raising happiness buildings other than colosseums, and possibly adding upkeep to late military buildings. But neither of those is apt to pinch peaceful civs. Unit upkeep sounds more promising, along with pinching income by pushing back the harbor gold bonus and reducing the mint as was already done.

nice! the real problem with its current implementation ( barb kills give culture ) is that it's useful in the early game when barbs are plentiful, but the longer you go on the less useful it becomes.

Top Bottom