• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

NotW LIV - The Masque of Death

Heading out now, I'll check in before the day ends.
I'm willing to switch to Takhisis if it'll save myself but I still believe spaceman feels scummier.

Can someone explain the cases on Newyn and Takhisis to me? Right now spaceman seems a lot scummier than either of them.

I do not have any ringing endorsement for Legato, but he seems townish enough. (which I guess is a reason to keep an eye on him)

*raises eyebrow*

Nah I want a draw, let the gods decide.

Screw the gods, I answer to the Emperor alone! Also, no. Why would we want a random lynch result?

Also, I'm the Priestess. I can heal injuries at night, as long as the injuries are not vile or mortal wounds. If anyone's injured, I can restore you to full health.

What constitutes a vile or "mortal" wound? Combat states either you escape unscathed, you die, or you're injured. Mortal wounding sounds strange in that context. Does the person die seemingly inexplicably the next day phase or something?

Can someone explain the cases on Newyn and Takhisis to me? Right now spaceman seems a lot scummier than either of them.

Tak has been relatively inactive and spammy.

I don't really know what's up with the Newyn case. I objected to what looked like a ploy on day 1, and little else. The rest has just been...reasons? Mask grabby?

Blah.

But why is he scum?

I don't care for the wagon on Newyn. Of the three, his lynch feels the most opportunistic.

Frankly I'd still rather kill Spacey. Between his weird meta argument about nobility and the estates, and other responses, if he's playing town, it's a strange flavor.

I'm willing to switch to Tak though if that proves impossible.

I agree, the Newyn wagon seems like it came out of nowhere, seems like it's just a spaceman counterwagon. I'd wager there's a traitor in there, especially if spaceman is a traitor, which I'm considering fairly likely right now.

It's just going to be decided by a coin toss like it was in the morning so it's kind of appropriate I guess.
Don't like the fact that everyone always thinks I'm scum in the back of their mind but I'm used to it by now.

Good morning all. Five minutes to go.

why am I so scummy?

there's a case against Newyn? :eek:

The case on Newyn highlighted in blue:
I asked a simple question, because your post struck me as odd. My initial assumption was that the vote was unintentional, and the post after it was a comment to the GM not to count the accidental pseudo-vote. Nonetheless, given the possibility that this assumption was wrong, and given how odd the post looked, I pushed a bit. You responded by voting for me and making a fairly extensive post about what I should do to act townie (rather clever really, since it preemptively makes any quality response I give appear scumy). In other words, you reacted, and reacted rather strongly to relatively light pressure.

Also, I'm the Priestess. I can heal injuries at night, as long as the injuries are not vile or mortal wounds. If anyone's injured, I can restore you to full health.

Winston, your posts so far give me no reason to switch off you, but in the intrests of being comprehensive, and because I have some time now, I'll give my reads on everyone. Incidently, you accuse me of being unproductive, but out of the list of guests, most have said much less than me, and have made far less substantive contributions:

2. Visorslash: His game has been a lot like how he plays as town, though as I said earlier, he's not completely above suspcion. I'm also uncomfortable with how willing people have been to vote him the Sable Mask.

3. Backwards Logic: No read on him so far.

5. spaceman98: See above roleclaim

6. Autolycus: Voted self gilded mask, but abstained from voting. Not sure what's going on here. See also the entry on Coyosis, who also voted him the mask. Somewhat suspicious.

7. Sprig: The last surving King Morgan voter, and an important part of why King got lynched. His interaction with Newyn wrt the Sable mask was bizzare, and in some ways mirrors Winston and Visor, except that his explanation (a way to keep the mask out of the game) makes sense, while Winston's vote for Visor was totally futile. Not completely cleared, but likely town.

8. Snerk: Roleclaimed yesterday, and was the alternative lynch to King Morgan. The later fact makes him likely town.

9. Legato Endless: Not much of a read TBH. Snerk suggested him as a non-Visor bearer of the Sable mask, which I went with, since he didn't vote it to himself, while Visor did. He followed Visor and Chox fairly enthusiastically, but that's not a scumtell in itself. After all, I was compeltely wrong D1, so I can understand where he's comming from.

10. Choxorn: All he's done so far is OMGUS me, and post a one sentance response to me. Didn't even bother to vote for masks. His in-thread commentary has done nothing to make me less inclined to lynch him.

12. Winston Hughes: See above

13. Coyosis: Posted early today, voting for Snerk, and voting gilded mask to Auto. I explained earlier why both of these actions are questionable. Possible suspect, but I'll give her a bit more time to get into the game.

14. Takhisis: I honestly expect town Tak to post more. Like Choxorn, he hasn't voted for masks. He also hasn't voted for lynch, or posted. I'll chalk it up to RL for now though. After all, if he's absent long enough, he'll be WOGed.

16. Newyn: Odd interaction with sprig, has said nothing of note outside of that. Has been oddly enthusiastic to "trade" mask votes, and vote masks (speciffically the Dragon Mask) to himself. Suspect.

Out of this list, I'd be fine with lynching Newyn, Chox or Winston based on the existing informaton.

His response: The age old "if I were scum I would never do that"! defense:

Unvote; Vote Spaceman98

And wound healing is totally not scummy at all when scum are the ones that are most likely to get injured since they'll be doing most of the attacking.

Also, do any of you seriously believe I'd draw attention to myself like this by trying to trade for masks if I was scum?

I've always excelled at been as forgettable as possible so that I don't get targetted early, I'm not going to expose myself like this as scum after a scum buddy just died day 1.

Snerk, I don't understand: A random lynch result gives us less information than a non-random one. Why did you tie the vote?

Legato said:
What constitutes a vile or "mortal" wound? Combat states either you escape unscathed, you die, or you're injured. Mortal wounding sounds strange in that context. Does the person die seemingly inexplicably the next day phase or something?
I have no idea. My guess is that depending on how someone is injured, their injury is different, but my role PM gives me no information on this.

Also, I can confirm that roleclaiming means I've failed my PG. IDK if that applies to everyone.

If people want to lynch Tak, I'm fine with that. His vote on Visor looked like a blatant way to avoid taking a stance on a highly contentious lynch.

Here:
Why, Visorslash, why?

is the vote in question.

unvote; vote: Spaceman

If I could lynch one of Visor or Sprig right now, though...

Your voting for me (the person Visor whose lynch Visor pushed) while saying we should lynch Visor? WTF?

Tally:

Newyn: Sprig, Visorslash, Spaceman98, Visorslash, Sprig, Autolycus
Spaceman98: Choxorn, Legato Endless, Newyn, Snerk, Winston
Coyosis: Backwards Logic
Takhisis: Visorslash
Snerk: Coyosis
Visorslash: Takhisis

For the record, here is the net sum of what Coyosis has said in her own defense:
You know? I'm good with my vote right now.

I am not a Traitor. I am a lot of OTHER things, but not a traitor.

Yet everyone switched off of her to Newyn or me.

Day Two

Spaceman98: Choxorn, Legato Endless, Newyn, Snerk, Winston Hughes (5)
Newyn: Sprig, Spaceman98, Autolycus (3)
Coyosis: Backwards Logic (1)
Snerk: Coyosis (1)
Visorslash: Takhisis (1)
Takhisis: Visorslash (1)

The second day passed mostly without incident; perhaps the guests were still reeling from the slaughter the night before. Still, the two main candidates for being traitors soon became very obvious - Newyn and Spaceman. No one could decide who to lynch, so they stayed up late and eventually decided that Spaceman needed to die.

"But what about Coyosis?" she said feebly, as she was dragged off and killed in private, in deference to her sex.

Spaceman has died!

BSmith1068 was buried during the second day. He was the Magician.

Spoiler loyalty :
He was a Loyalist!

Bladescape was also buried today. She was the Courtier.

Spoiler loyalty :
She was a Loyalist!

The night will end at the normal time tonight (11 pm BST).

Night Two ends: [TIMER=5/14/2015 11:00 PM GMT+1; Night Two over][/TIMER]

Night Two

Spoiler large artwork :

Sprig was kneeling before an altar to the Pantheon, with his hands pressed in prayer on the hilt of his sword and its tip pressed against the cold stone floor.

He muttered to himself over and over again, "only the penitent man will pass; only the penitent man will pass."

His fervent prayers were interrupted by the violent arrival of the Awnshegh. Black lightning leapt from the figure's armoured fingers, flinging Sprig against the altar with great force. Half-dazed and groping fruitlessly for his sword, Sprig could only watch as the Awnshegh caught up the sword in a web of magic and forced the sword to impale its owner in a grotesque parody of a sacrifice to the Gods. The Awnshegh turned on its plated heel with a mocking laugh and left the dying man to expire over the course of several agonising minutes.

Sprig has died!

Spaceman was buried that night. She was the Priestess.

Spoiler loyalty :
She was a Loyalist!

Spaceman's Coral Mask was recovered from her body before she was interred, as was Sprig's Velvet Mask during his funeral preparations, so now both masks are available for voting on this morning. You may own multiple masks, but you can only wear one at a time. Voting on the masks will end at midday, which will be an hour earlier than before (10 pm BST).

Alive (10/16)
2. Visorslash
3. Backwards Logic
6. Autolycus
8. Snerk
9. Legato Endless
10. Choxorn
12. Winston Hughes
13. Coyosis
14. Takhisis
16. Newyn

Awaiting Burial (1)
Sprig

Dead (5)
KingMorgan - Rogue/Assassin (Lynched, Day 1)
Riedquat - Politician (Venom Struck, Day 1)
Bladescape - Courtier (Killed, Night 1)
BSmith1068 - Magician (Killed, Night 1)
spaceman98 - Priestess (Lynched, Day 2)

Midday: [TIMER=5/15/2015 10:00 PM GMT+1; Midday has arrived][/TIMER]

Day Three ends: [TIMER=5/16/2015 10:00 PM GMT+1; Day Two over][/TIMER]

Vote: Coyosis. Her explanation not only was lacking, but got buried under the spaceman/newyn lynch discussions.

Vote: Coyosis. Her explanation not only was lacking, but got buried under the spaceman/newyn lynch discussions.

Explanation of what? I put my votes and requests where my money was.

Speaking of which:

vote: takhisis whose name never fails to screw up my ability to spell.

Coyosis for the velvet mask
Backwards Logic for the coral mask

(OOC: Can we not do 15-hour nights? That's way too short.)

(Sorry about that. I wanted to get it back onto an evening schedule, without dragging the night on for another twelve hours or so.)

Top Bottom