NotW LVII - Tempus Fugit (game thread)

I was unimpressed with vote:Winston out of the group being accused. I think Murska's reaction was pretty good.

I have a commutish/jailkeepish thing. Like I've said, it roleblocks the person and prevents most night actions from being used on them. It lets me know if they were targeted by a kill. None of my targets apart from ATPG have been. It also has a caveat, which I am not going to talk about.

Someone made a point about Winston/Duff which I concur with

The time has come for Winston/Duff slot to reveal their ability. I was worried specifically when I did my original targeting of Duff, if Duff was a seer or doctor or something, I did not want to out that person by suggesting they had an active ability, and drawing attention from the scum team.

I just wanted Duff-slot to know, if he had an active power, who doubled him, so I could later have a pattern to be publicly verified.

Then I started targeting Cuth, because that power is both protective, blocking, and somewhat investigative. Simply speaking, there's no reason not to target him with the doubling.

If he doesn't die, or doesn't get his power stolen, or isn't blocked or redirected, then eventually he should stop the scums in their tracks, or he's going to keep me alive in perpetuity and I'm fairly lock town. Essentially leaving a masonry alive.

I doubt that happens. Eventually the scum team must deal with pizza and cuth slots. When they do, their killing and blocking will be pulled off of a potential seer if that's the case.

If the seer is already dead and it's not like a lover situation with the two mages, then we should be targeted as a priority soon enough anyway, so I'm not making things harder on us by revealing my tactic.

Anyway Winston needs to reveal if he hasn't already.

Let me know more active villagery people if you need me to move my vote somewhere. I'll keep an eye on this. You know my preferences and who I won't lynch.

I don't necessarily mean to out important abilities but, at the same time, I kind of do. So sorry not sorry

so the murska lynch does look tasty, I admit. It is good to test murska claim, he was commuted on a night with no night kill, and like we pretty much optimize the use of his ability. I'd prefer if he gave a shortlist of 5 names he would consider using it on.

but the night kill could have failed for multiple ways:

1. choxorn roleblock
2. mat93 roleblock
3a. murska commute (murska attempt kill as scum)
3b. murska commute (target of night kill as a town)
4. Zack's ability (note lassie also failed an action on zack post 877; zack clearly can kind of commute)
5. potential other mechanism on corruption being used instead:
That seems pretty damning, Vote: Murska.

On a maybe related note, I have this ability, that tells how many people are (looks in the dictionary) "guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery". Yeah, sounds about right, some of us are taking bribes! :nono: This has to stop, and those involved have to own up.

I think this corruption is related to injuries mentioned in the OP, and not something more sinister. I got these numbers after last three nights:
N1: 0
N2: 1
N3: 3

The fact that we got two more last night maybe have something to do with having no kills.

6. atheote's n3 target got delayed attempting night kill [I wonder if he could impact the mafia kill]
7. murska's post about using an ability to end the day early at cost of not having night power could be true, thematically i am guessing the scum have some time related or necromancy related abilities
8. some combo of busdrive/protects/mat93 quasi lightning rod that resulted in no mafia kill

I am starting to believe the mafia team has a "toolset" of abilities for use and do not tie to any 1 player (some time abilities, corruption, faction kill); I bet scum can use a day ability and a faction ability, but perhaps some limits. But I think there are additional faction powers besides the shade kill they perform

Late Afternoon Tally

Murska (5): choxorn, atheotes, KingMorgan, Mat93, Jarrema
atheotes (3): Zack, ATPG, Golden1Knight
Jarrema (2): Murska, Winston Hughes
KingMorgan (2): Lassie, Al Sipsclar
Winston Hughes (2): Cass_, Cuthillius
Kennigit (1): Takhisis
Takhisis (1): Kennigit

Not Voting: Nobody
Not Posting: Pouter Pigeon

2.5 hours to go.

Catching up and then have ISOs and stuff to post

TLDR I can hammer Murska here if need be, leave my vote on Duff/Winston or switch to Atheotes. I think those should be the choices for today out of the top trains and players who were blocked last night. Or Jarrema, but tbh I'm not sure what to make of him right now.

WRT recent stuff

Murska's claim and the posts in the leadup read off
Spoiler :

*sigh* My action isn't an active one, nor a night action (well, kind of).

I would like more information before having to use it. I only get one shot at things, but I'm going to take it if I am about to get lynched.

Hey Al Sips. Do you have any idea who the corrupted are? I kind of need at least one name.

I'd rather not speak of any specifics regarding my power unless you all decide that I should use it today. There are some things scum might do that would be a grave mistake for them if they don't know some things.

Anyway, I really think Vote: Jarrema is suspicious. Also willing to look pointedly at Lassie, Cass and KingMorgan. I'd rather resolve Jarrema before Winston, because Duff seemed to protect him earlier.

Eh, if you think it's wise.

When I die, I get to choose a player. If they are corrupted, they die and I don't.

It's not much to go off but the tone in the bolded is... wrong/sounds fake.

Yeah. You've got my list, I intend to pick from that unless better options are proposed. I don't think I should state the single target beforehand in case the scum have something that could block it, they probably can't roleblock me after I'm already dead, though I'd really like it if Jarrema was lynched today just in case - he's almost certainly the scum roleblocker. But I'm confident my list has at least two scum in it, and I'm hoping they can't protect everyone at the same time.
General question: Does it/would it matter when you submit your choice?

Seeing as i look scummy as usual....
Takhisis, Did you get your N1 results the next night?
Cass, What were you doing N2 and is there any particular reason why you did not mention in thread that your results were delayed?
Thanks for that. My n2 action was something I thought might be helpful based on reads D2. Didn't mention it because it wasn't relevant/didn't matter so much after the beginning of D3 and there was no need to draw attention.

hrmmmmm

so, a mega-gigantic FOS to everyone who seemed oppose to talking about roles or mechanics (cass, atpg, atheotes about monsters)

mainly cass because atpg's frustration was entirely valid, the setup explicitly gives the varethite victory condition and every member of the Order is only instructed to eliminate the Varethites

I also assume you are strictly lying takhisis because I am a grave robber and target dead players, at least when my ability isn't locked up in a varethite time capsule

actually, super duper technically I am only allowed to target dead players who are revealed, so there is reason to believe either a reviver exists or what you say may be true (however, I find it more likely that the mafia can do something to the dead, seeing as they are, well, following an undead lich). Maybe you are the town mechanism against the scum revealing themselves as town (and me too), but boy, that'd be rough on the town if only 2 town in the game knew it was possible to have a false reveal [and for me it is a biiiggg stretch]

also I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but maybe sprig and dicetosser were lovers, i.e. masons that die when one dies. It is possible thematically they were the same mage, from two different time streams but existing in the same plane. Maybe it was a mono-directional lover pairing, i.e. if the "young mage" died the "old mage" had to automatically die.

i need to reread thread, might fall asleep. Fell asleep last day phase too and then the whole day-ended-early happened

I don't mind this post in general/certain types of role talk at this point in the game, but Kenni can you explain the bold? How was my concern about your rolefishing D1 any different to Pizza's? What has the rest of the sentence/corruption/cult discussion got to do with my POV?

I'm going to maintain that in some cases (certain roles, losing a role if revealed) it's better for us to keep mum atp. Basically it's your timing I disagreed/disagree with, not the method. I'll reveal everything when I'm lined up for a mislynch or certain my power can't help more this game/have no clue what to do.

FWIW I agree Dice and Sprig may have been a linked kill. Not sure what this means wrt numbers of NKs/corrupted. #mathsishard

so the murska lynch does look tasty, I admit. It is good to test murska claim, he was commuted on a night with no night kill, and like we pretty much optimize the use of his ability. I'd prefer if he gave a shortlist of 5 names he would consider using it on.

but the night kill could have failed for multiple ways:

1. choxorn roleblock
2. mat93 roleblock
3a. murska commute (murska attempt kill as scum)
3b. murska commute (target of night kill as a town)
4. Zack's ability (note lassie also failed an action on zack post 877; zack clearly can kind of commute)
5. potential other mechanism on corruption being used instead:

6. atheote's n3 target got delayed attempting night kill [I wonder if he could impact the mafia kill]
7. murska's post about using an ability to end the day early at cost of not having night power could be true, thematically i am guessing the scum have some time related or necromancy related abilities
8. some combo of busdrive/protects/mat93 quasi lightning rod that resulted in no mafia kill

I am starting to believe the mafia team has a "toolset" of abilities for use and do not tie to any 1 player (some time abilities, corruption, faction kill); I bet scum can use a day ability and a faction ability, but perhaps some limits. But I think there are additional faction powers besides the shade kill they perform

I also like this post and am keeping Kenni in likely Town for reasoning WIM and his claimed role. I don't all of that coming from a scum perspective. If he's wolf I'll kick myself for not hanging on to early vibes, but I seriously doubt that's the case.

ISOs etc incoming.

Murska

General
Eager to exit RVS/game start, feels scummy but ?eager Town. Early vote/interaction with Pizza wrt Tak strange. D1 Responds to questions but gives few opinions D1. Off lynch wagon EoD 1 (leaves vote on Cuth) answers to questions wrt this ?overly vague. Inactive D2 (RL gaming meet) but votes Pizza without clear reasons. Don't mind reads lists D3, appears to be putting in effort to solve, like that he follows up with players unnoticed in first read through (?true catch up or #work to look busy?). ?Blocked N3 (Cuth) with no kills = Sus. Claims can selectively kill corrupted player on lynch. Tone for claim seems off. Scummy/Can't clear.

Spoiler :

D1 - Pushing hard for game start ?scum ?eager Town? Early interaction with Pizza wrt Tak strange. Responds to questions but gives few opinions. Off-wagon EoD.

D2
Low activity D2 (says RL gaming meet).

D3
?Stalling but later posts reads, appears to be putting in effort to solve, follows up with players unnoticed in first read through. Votes Snerk, consistent with reads.

D4
Cuth claims blocked N3 (no kills). Sus.

Votes
D1 (Lynch = Spaceman; Competing = 4 way tie Spaceman, Auto, Jarrema, )
Votes: Atheotes (RVS); Pizza (past time we started playing); Cuth (opinions?)

D2 (Lynch = Auto; Competing = Jarrema)
Votes: Pizza (for being wrong, vote won't matter)

D3* (Lynch = Snerk; Competing =Jarrema ) *Day ended early
Votes: Snerk

D4 (Lynch = ; Competing = Murska, Atheotes, Kenni, Tak, Jarrema, Winston)
Votes: Jarrema

ACTIONS
D1
#18/#19 Vote Atheotes (RVS)
#79 Vote Pizza 'Past time we started playing… third vote on you… thoughts?'
#82 Willing to switch if Pizza has good ideas as to who's worth pursuing
#85 Asks Pizza for opinions on Tak
#89 Votes Cuth, asks for opinions
#184 Against Sheeping Pizza wrt Spaceman
#191 Responds to questions from #185 (null/could go either way)
#211 Weighs in on Lohr no lynch preference - ignoring day phases = lose

D2
#484 Low activity, RL gaming meet, will be skimming
#642 Fluff plus Vote Pizza 'for being wrong'

D3
#762 interaction/roles unfamiliar, will do vote analysis/re-read
#799 Reads and Vote Snerk 'for hiding and being scummy' (reads say 'hides vote, no participation, skating by on d2, feels like scum that knows there is no cult'
#801 Will ISO Jarrema and Kingmorgan and others tomorrow
#823 ISO Jarrema: 'Ehh', KM: 'Waffling in reads, nothing useful in determining his alignment', Snerk: 'entirely tunneling against Auto until Auto flips, then accuses the Auto wagon'

D4
#842 Suggests if scum could end day early it might sacrifice their nightkill
#863 Hints 1 shot action, will take if about to get lynched
#865 Asks Al Sips if he knows who corrupted are 'I kind of need at least one name'
#874 Votes Jarrema, FOS Lassie, Cass and KM. Duff seemed to protect Jarrema.
#890 Claims 'Eh, if you think it's wise' - when dead gets to choose a player, lives if they are corrupted
#891 Responds to Tak's suggestion that player is publicly chosen - intends to pick from own list unless better options proposed, says he shouldn't state single target in case scum block.
#919 would rather lynch Jarrema for ?roleblocker. Asks for opinions on whether to reveal target or not.

++++ TOWNY ++++
#799 - reads and follow up

- - - SCUMMY - - -
#85 Strange question to Pizza given last game, wrt Tak/What's normal for reaction to pressure
#642 Vote on Pizza 'for being wrong' / avoiding wagons
#890/claim tone

Blocked by Cuth n3, no NK.

???????
Eager/pushy start:
#79 Vote Pizza (Past time we started playing… third vote on you… thoughts?) - ?Scum push/opportunistic/Eager Town?
#82 Willing to switch if Pizza has good ideas as to who's worth pursuing
#85 Asks Pizza what he thinks of Tak/What's normal for reaction to pressure
#89 Votes Cuth, asks questions
#762 ?stalling
#836 *sigh* Tone soft hinting claim
#865 'kind of need'

QUESTIONS
#185 WRT #85 asking Pizza 'Do you know if it's normal?' re Tak (Tak no different to Rappers)
1. Why ask Pizza this question?
ANSWER: I wanted to see how Pizza would respond to it.

- Did you expect an answer other than 'null/unknown'? How could Pizza's answer to 'do you know if it's normal' (for Tak to throw suspicion around without focus) have been telling for either of their alignments either way?
ANSWER: NOT ANSWERED

2. Have you played with Tak beyond Rappers?
ANSWER: I don't think so. I've played a handful of games outside GITP, so it might be we've met. I don't recall.

3. What do you think about him here? Would you expect him to react differently in either alignment?
ANSWER: I've resolved to keep an eye out. Unreadable people are just people we can't read yet. I do expect his reactions to be related in some way to his alignment, but I do not know how.

Where are your own opinions on the intros?
ANSWER: My opinions on people's intros aren't in a formalizable stage. I've got vague feelings that I'll write about once I spot something sufficiently interesting that I'm willing to go over and check specific people more thoroughly.

Why vote Cuth? #89 Vote Cuth no reasons
ANSWER: voted for Cuth because I knew he had some votes on him already. The same was true with the Pizza vote - I went over the thread, checked people who had more than one vote on them, picked someone whom I could expect would reply to my prod to air their thoughts a bit and voted them.

?opportunistic?
Why leave your vote on Cuth?
ANSWER: NOT ANSWERED - ?suspect opportunistic/lazy excuse for off wagon

#185 wrt #79 Vote Pizza ?weird post
Why add a Vote to Pizza's wagon?
ANSWER: The same was true with the Pizza vote - I went over the thread, checked people who had more than one vote on them, picked someone whom I could expect would reply to my prod to air their thoughts a bit and voted them.

yea i missed that, you provided it earlier

fire away my boy as far as I am concerned, not lassie though. If we use both newyn and your claim on lassie......well, that's a lot of firepower for 1 person.

I still give like a 50-50 shot we could just realise "oh wait, <person> is just the scum killer" and chinese fire drill onto him/her. But there are too many missing pieces and maany pieces that got bent in the box (e.g. jarrema no n1 order---could be perfectly innocent, or maybe he killed that night)

Alright, so Murska then...

I've tunneled him a couple of times recently, and his early game here looks like his town games there. His big reads list in 799 is a bit different, though. It seems a bit try-hard in comparison to what I've seen from his usual town game, and the follow up on Jarrema, KM and Snerk looks rather like he's arranging all the low-hanging fruit into an attractive display. Subsequent posts mostly concern his ability claim, which is an odd one in that it gives a reason to think that lynching him might not be so bad. Looks pretty scummy to me, though.

Scum Rating: [pimp][pimp][pimp][pimp]

DUFF/WINSTON

General
Duff starts with relatively large amount of fluff, switches off Jarrema and votes Auto to break 4 way tie which seems Towny (unless Jarrema scum), Vote on Zack for 'leading lynches on villagers/attitude/actions like last game' is possibly overly vague/TMI - no response to question but ?due to subbing out. Winston votes Jarrema over Auto, votes Auto to break 4-way tie. Towny unless Jarrema scum. Similar with Winston #792, #800. Like that he follows questions with questions/seems to be thinking/working to figure out. Pizza claimed to double action N1, N1 ?two kill attempts (reported by Cuth) also possibly sus. More towny points than scum but can't clear ?TMI ?Double action 2 x kill attempts. ?deep wolf/slightly scummy.

Spoiler :

Votes
D1 (Lynch = Spaceman; Competing = 4 way tie Spaceman, Auto, Lohr, Jarrema, )
Votes: Cuth (RVS); Jarrema (over Spaceman); Auto (breaks 4 way tie)

D2 (Lynch = Auto; Competing = Jarrema)
Votes: Zack (leading lynches on villagers, attitude/actions); Jarrema (over Auto)

D3* (Lynch = Snerk; Competing = Jarrema ) *Day ended early
Votes:

D4 (Lynch = ; Competing = Murska, Atheotes, Kenni, Tak, Jarrema, Winston)
Votes:

ACTIONS
D1
#30 Votes Cuth (RVS)
#46 fluff with Sprig
#136 fluff with Zack
#154 fluff re avatars
#196 Votes Jarrema (Spaceman doesn't make sense/is something to hide in)
#208 Against no lynch (most cases are built on votes and reactions)
#268 Votes Auto - breaks 4 way tie

D2
#386 Catching up
#399 Vote Zack (leading lynches on villagers, attitude/actions like last scum game)
#409 fluff 'Totes Def '
#416 Responds to Pizza - Lohr sounds like wolf not wanting to be connected to lynch of a villager; Chox likely villager; Jarrema wolfish; ATPG villager
#428 Duff Subs out
#528 Winston Subs in with RP fluff
#566 Votes Jarrema over Auto (Auto 'calm', Jarrema 'scum'); Disagrees with Duff/?hedges wrt Zack's tone/game; Chox vibes of fooling; Lassie green for tone and process; Cass similar but excessive questioning pings.
#568 Responds to Zack WRT Dice - no feelings

D3
#779, #783 Questions Zack
#791 Looks into Zack's suspicion of Dice
#792 WRT Jarrema ?TWTBAW
#796 fluff and Jarrema suspicious for choice of target/nature of reveal/hedging
#800 Claims research of Jarrema's scum meta/discovered 'very rarely scum, English improved'. Frustration ?fake.

D4
- Respond to pressure for 2 NK attempts while Pizza doubled powers - says he would never have killed Pizza N1; Dice/Sprig death likely linked; Extra kill attempt on first day ?accountable to Pizza's ability
- Won't roleclaim because would cost ability
- Votes Jarrema - Doesn't buy roleblocker and jailkeeper, scum more likely to have standard blocker than town

++++ TOWNY ++++
#268 breaks 4 way tie, votes Auto (?Scummy if Jarrema scum)
#416 leans and reasons
#779, #783, #791 - follows question with question, working/thinking to figure out
#792 Jarrema ?TWTBAW rather than pushing suspicion. (Towny unless Jarrema is scum)

- - - SCUMMY - - -
#399 Vote Zack ('leading lynches on villagers'
?TMI, 'attitude/actions like last scum game' = vague

?Double action n1 / Attempt at second kill n1 (reported by Cuth)

?????????
Need to look into reads

QUESTIONS

@Duff
1. What do you mean 'leading lynches on villagers'?; ?slip/TMI?
ANSWER: -

2. Do you have specifics/examples about what's reminding you of the last game?
ANSWER: -

@Winston

Looking at the voting patterns, seems like scummy people keep saving Jarrema. Might need to re-evaluate my read on him.

Top Bottom