1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Backwards Logic, Jan 29, 2011.

1. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Why not? Those recruits may be the best captains ever, and you just don't know it. Besides, I'm hardly the only one who thinks he'd be a good captain.

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

OOC: Still alive, busy day at work and at home. More than a page to read since the morning update. Can't speak clearly till that's all read, later tonight.

Halfway IC: I presume someone knows how to fix all the broken things, right? That should be a priority of course. Especially communications so we can let command know what's up.

3. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

Which one of you devilish man-whores stole my alcohol?! There's gonna be hell to pay! Nictel, I've seen you eyeballing me jealously. Jealous! Now I implore everybody, if you don't lock this fiend up instantly, at least give me the revolver to carry out some good old fashioned Texas justice! Or, you know, give it to Methos, same thing really.

In other news, I believe only a man possessed of incredible courage and off the charts levels of insanity can successfully lead a crew such as ours to port. As stealing my hard earned alcohol satisfies both of these requirement, I nominate Nictel to lead us. Not sure how he'll do so in the comfort of a jail cell, unless of course Autolycus lets him out, but I'm sure he'll figure something out ;)

OOC: Also, if anybody wants my MSN, ramman953 at msn.com

4. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I'm your man, but please don't talk so loudly, it just hurts. Could someone please turn off these lights since I partied way too hard last night. I was celebrating my birthday and things got a bit out of hand.

I think Renata should because she rejected my advances last night. :cry: Boy I must have been so drunk to try that. :crazyeye:
    I think that someone with real leadership, not me should be Captain so I will choose Duke Blackstone for that role and of course the Captain should have the revolver for protection so Duke Blackstone
    I would like the key. Oh it hurts my head to think. I need some time recover.

5. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Gentlemen, thankyou for your votes of confidence, but I disagree. I am only a lieutenant, and really, Methos would be a better choice. As captian, he should have the revolver as well. (Methos) Since classical hero can repair the helicopter, I believe that he should definitely have the key. I find all of the pirates suspicious, but everyone seems a little insane. (although Nictel takes the cake) The ships medical ward will have its work cut out.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

*Ahem* This way to the hangar, sir.
    Sir, some people have pre-traumatic stress disorder. We sdhould do something about them…
    Get off the booze and giv eus a hand with the chopper, eh?
    Sir, something should be done for identification purposes, sir! They look exactly the same!

7. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

These colours don't run!

9. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

After careful review of the events so far, I believe Commander Methos is best suited to be our new Captain. For the moment I think it would be best if the revolver and captain are separated, in case holding the gun prompted the late captain's actions. Maybe Commander Diamondeye would be a better choice for the revolver.

I'm not sure who should hold the master key or get sent to the brig.

I'd like to hear from the crew, who can repair things? I'd think the pumps, electrical, and engine spaces are more critical than the hanger and helicopter.

10. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

JG Niklas emerges from the sleeping bay, spotlessly dressed and clean-shaven, yet with that vacant look of just not caring. The commotion and the explosions seem to have done little to jolt him. Who cares? It's not like anything is going to end well anyway, is it?

Standing silently in the background for a while, surveying the situation, he notices with non-curiosity the mind-baffling scene unfolding in front of him. Democratically electing a Captain? What is this, some happy-clappy Democrats-infestation taking over the military? No wonder someone is trying to sabotage. Well, who cares. But habits are habits after all.

Methos for Captain, sirs, if that's what you've decided. Who are we to question? Let him take the gun and the key as well.

Do we finally get a legitimate chance to clean out the idiots? choxorn, go drown yourself.

Niklas scans the crowd quickly, then turns back to where he came from. Nothing to do for him at this point anyway, so who cares?

11. Romanichine

Romanichine Samurai

landlubber should be imprisoned in the brig.

I am worried about the ongoing trend of giving a lot of responsibilities to Commander Methos. We all know he hasn't been around much these days, staying in his cabin, doing God knows what. Will he lead us properly?

Recruit ATPG should be our new captain. There's some wisdom to this guy, if you get past his piratish behavior.

12. Secura

Secura Chieftain

Chief Warrant Officer Secura was uncomfortable with deviating from the former captain's chain of command, and thus decided that Commander Methos would be the ideal candidate to be the new captain of the Retribution.

Commander Diamondeye would receive another vote for the revolver, as his selflessness in nominating his fellow commander as captain had struck a chord with Secura and she felt that he was highly trustworthy.

Duke Blackstone has requested the master key for one of the apprentices, but she was more willing to trust such a valuable item in the hand's of the lieutenant himself.

13. Romanichine

Romanichine Samurai

Is this stranger than you keeping your captaincy vote on Commander Diamondeye after D.E. himself said he is trusting Methos?

You are doing exactly the same thing.

14. Romanichine

Romanichine Samurai

Respectfully sir, I think you should be more worried about the damage in the Pump Room than the Apache helicopter in the Hangar.

Isn't the Pump used to get water out of the ship if we have a leak?

Also, it appears that both the Engine room, and the Pump, are below water level, while the Hangar is above, thus we might be taking water from these two compartments. Unless you have a specific reason to look at the Apache, I think we should be working on the Engines and even more so, on the Pump.

But I guess the repair team would know more that me.

15. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

OOC: Here's the kicker:

"What intrigues me is this - and apologies in advance to Blackstone - he contacted me earlier and said that someone he trusted could fix the helicopter.

Looking at the latest comment by classical hero, I'd say that's him. Now, why do you two trust each other like that already, that baffles me. And what use is the helicopter? We are not planning on running away, are we? Rogue agents, maybe?"

"I think constraining one of these men is a good move today. I can't imagine the saboteurs who damaged the helicopter would be seeking to repair it, so I'm guessing, if anything, we've caught hold of two of the rogue agents. If it's not me being paranoid, that is."

"A faster way of determining their alignment - although it goes against my every instinct - is to put one of them to death. But that will be without me or my consent. I think, on that subject, that Whitover was too rash and brutal in executing the two captives."

16. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Now that I have overcome my hangover I can be a bit more forthcoming. Why do I want access to the hangar and the helicopter, well I am an aviation mechanic, so I can fix the helicopter. Pretty simple request, don't you think? What is the point of me being on this ship if I can't do my job? I would go crazy without being able to do my job, so that is why i want to repair something that i am meant to do.

17. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

How about this, I get the key and instead of my earlier plan, I unlock the hangar for classical_hero so he can fix the chopper? Since Diamondeye has declined the position, Methos makes sense to be captain. Diamondeye can have the late Captain's gun.

18. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

"Sounds reasonable... I'll retract my accusation for now, then. I need more time to ponder over what we do then."

19. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Agree. Getting the ship back to full capacity takes priority over the gunship, unless someone can give me a strong reason otherwise.

20. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Mason, shook his head, shocked by Diamondeyes accusation. Sir, I am the air traffic controller. You as a Commander should know that. And I see the Apache as having several advantages.
    1. Classical Hero can not repair anything else without tools, but he can quick repair the helicopter. I see no reason to waste this ability.
    2. It gives us a means of defense in case of attack by anything other than a full warship.
    3. It gives us a way to scout for incoming enemies.
    4. It gives us a possible way to contact the outside world, if it all goes to hell. Most importantly, it 5. Lets us do all these at once, where other systems will give us only one of these abilities.