NOTW XXXV: Life's A Bore (Game Thread)

I That's why I voted for Ravus_Sol.

You're at best basing an argument off of much ignorance, though I think a lot of scumminess shines through.

I think I can say, as he'd say himself, Ravus admitted he had more uses of his ability but they were limited overall. Even if he had unlimited uses he's still used it reasonably a couple of times though.

What I cannot get, is how you continue to criticize him for putting you in jail. Are you really still interested in National Integrity? Surely this one of the most clutch things in the game, keeping an Innocent saved from hasty bandwaggoning.

The talk of this being a "Mafia roleblocker" thing is just ludicrous, in other words. I can only think that you must have been so surprised if you were scum, and thus he didn't really save an Innocent, and you continue to be worried he might jail and catch one of your allies - I'm happy for him to keep jailing, like I said lock up an unknown like landlubber or anyone of Ravus' choosing and we'll see what happens. Plus, though we'll see this below too, even on the off-chance he had some allegiance to a cult or something, it doesn't justify your attempted lynches. Or if you think I've been converted to a cult, that still makes a vote on me questionable (if not OMGUS) because we likewise know I'm not a killer.

We know Ravus is not a killer, and has worked to help the Innocents. We know I don't have a kill ability either and the same here. If you were Innocent, I would hope you would have really been after trying to stop the killers so these lynch votes just don't make much sense. And yes, Roman, I do know you don't have a kill ability but we have much verified reason to worry about the Order/Ritual of Death cult. I would rather have caught, say, an ally of yours who is the killer if that's the case, but we'll start here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for you, Earthling, you could very well be his partner. Why are you voting for me, now, when you've been trusting me openly in the game thread since I have revealed my knowledge?

Why else would you have this ability if all we seemingly have are weapons and a suspicious Orb?

I don't know what you really think about me "trusting" you. In the sense I haven't voted to lynch you before, yes, because I do believe you yourself do not have a kill ability to use at night. I've said several times before if we ran out of leads or needed to sort things out we'd have to lynch you and see how the Order/Ritual of Death shook down. And right now, as we're apparently back to nothing but choosing randomly if we were to try for Frozen or any other lurker, we know for a fact that you already admitted you'd been converted to non-town faction.

About me though - I think this sums it up: I did NOT vote myself the Orb, I have NOT asked for the Orb, and I have no personal interest or desire for the Orb. I'll vote the Orb to Seon now I guess.

So I didn't realize how this could be an issue with everyone, except for a distraction you've maybe pulled up out of the blue. Maybe the Orb is of interest to your cult group though and you're panicked over it, but I'm not after it in any way. If Seon doesn't want it somebody else can have it, and no, they won't turn up dead in the morning either, if that happens then fine go after me but it won't.

I'm not looking for any particular items at all, and you've missed some things about items in the game - for instance Zack, the Actress, has makeup to "disguise as somebody else" whatever that really does.

Clearly it's been a decent scan for me and it is true there just aren't so many items so far - but then again if we can't vote for Frozen for having a weapon or Zack for having an item (though the Orb was a cult item to begin with) I guess we can just ignore my results. Just pointing out in a different timeline I could have caught Domination, or maybe some other Mafia with an item still, or maybe Zack or Frozen are still Mafia and the items stand out. Apparently the wolves or killers might not fear an item scan much because they haven't killed me for it yet.

But otherwise I think you're playing off fears and paranoia from older history in Erebus that don't apply to our village ;)

It wouldn't, really, (though combined with extensive lurking is what I don't like about several folks still left, you are still question marks about most everything) which is why Roman going ballistic over this Orb is weird, especially when he's got his facts wrong. That's what I'm trying to say - I could see an outside possibility the Orb is of interest to his cult though (assuming his allegiances really are with the Order/Ritual of Death and not the town anymore)

Now it would make sense in a metagame sense if some Mafia did have items - Domination as a cultist had the Orb but that's all so far, maybe there just aren't any more to be found. But then again things could have been contrary to our expectations on purpose. My scan found out some cool stuff like hints on Roman's abilities without being apparently just actual items, so I don't really know the full story in the end behind that obviously.

hahahahahhaha, that's so sick of me. You're right Earthling, you never voted the Orb to yourself :lol:

But my argument that Ravus is not using his power because it would help the innocent is still a good one. Why would a roleblocker not use his power when it would help us identify would can and cannot be the killers?

It is not "ludicrous" as you said, it's very interesting indeed that Ravus has not been using his power every turn, specially after we knew that he is a roleblocker, since he has no reason to hide now.

Ravus being mafia or not does not matter here Earthling. I am not voting for him, but for you. Your reaction to my vote for Ravus Sol is what we call a "Chainsaw Defense" and it is a basic scumtell: A mafia will attack someone's else accuser to look townish. Normal behavior is to let the other person defends himself and you throwing your accusations despite what happens around. Instead you are making a big fuss on me accusing Ravus Sol.

You need to be lynched/vigged.

You've been voting Ravus or other odd votes for several days though and I've been telling you you're wrong since then, and I've also said as an admitted cultist/scum we should turn to lynching you when we had no better leads.

You also ignored, as I just said, that Ravus said he still had a limited total number of uses of his ability. He's been honest in private and simply wanted to avoid getting killed for his ability when he first used it. But Ravus and I are not partners or working at anything underhanded, part of the reason I posted was because absolutely nobody is posting or voting today, but I'll let him defend himself otherwise.

You still are not being consistent at all - you're not going after Seon for defending Frozen for instance (a complete lurker, without public evidence like Ravus) and you've reversed your own position on your death and cult.

I mean, if you think he's Innocent, you're saying you were voting for him to set up some sort of trap? For several days, ignoring helping out with other leads? I'm simply defending him because he IS obviously Innocent, and with so few people voting we can't risk something like that. If you have another ally, on the other hand, especially if he is killing, that makes it imperative we stop this Ritual of Death once and for all. You were willing to die before so let's do it now - and continue to haunt or whatever to me as a Shade, if there's a reason people want to vote me in the future they can.

Wow, I leave you guys alone for an afternoon and you do this to me. From all I have gathered, I find it rather strange that Roman was once thought of as scum and was volunteering to lynch himself but when earthling voted for him, he began fighting tooth and nail. I see what you are saying Romanichine but Ravus's actions didn't clear your name. It just made his own a little offputting if you are scum after all. But I think he has proven himself on the side of our community so far.

unvote: Frozen in Ice
vote: Romanichine

Reason for Ravus not roleblock spamming; he has only one use left

Congratulations thats now out there. As for any other actions i think they can be accounted to me being very new at this game and feeling out of my depth most of the time. I'm pretty sure there are levels of intrigue going on right over my head that i'm missing.

The only gut feeling i have left is that one of the lurkers is the serial killer while the "every-other" day killer is trying to disguise as pro-town. My little child fit yesterday shows i have no idea how to narrow that down or anything though.

Evening Day 9
Everyone was a little snippy, possibly due to the lack of a lunch break. In the end, it was decided that the Alchemist's religious predilections made him suspicious, and he was therefore courteously asked to fade. He agreed, in exchange for getting to take the orb. Since no one else had expressed any real interest, he was given it. He walked back into his shop, slowly fading from sight.

Spoiler :
Votes:
Romanichine: - King Flevance, landlubber, Earthling,
Earthling: - Romanichine
Kennigit: Seon

Orb:
Romanichine: 1 Romanichine
Earthling: 1 King Flevance
Seon:1 Earthling

Night has fallen
Day breaks in 22.5 Hours
Night Orders to me.

Morning, Day 10
The tailer woke up early this morning, walked outside, and tripped over the body of the farmer, who had apparently lost his head. Literally. An investigation of the farmer's farm revealed extensive plans for an invasion fleet of Lanun. There could be no question.
Spoiler :
King Flevance was weakening the town in preparation for an Invasion!

The jeweler was also found dead, but in his own home. His face had been kicked in. In addition to the normal jewelry, many important documents of state were found, leading to the revelation that
Spoiler :
Seon was actually Sandalphon, leader of the Sidar, and therefore very much concerned with National Integrity

The remaining people looked around at each other anxiously. With their leader dead and their fears of impending invasion confirmed, could they possibly hope to preserve their country? Regardless, the farmer's Cutlass had to be entrusted to a new person.

Night falls in 46 hours
Votes on the Cutlass in Red

Day Orders to Me.​

All right, not hearing anything from anyone yet, and I was roleblocked last night but it's not clear by whom (it was a "woman" though, if anyone recalls a similar experience maybe that would help.) So I didn't get to scan but here's what I've got:

claimed roles/Innocent:
Ravus_Sol ("jailer" which we all already know does a few things)
Earthling (item scanner)

Likely Innocent/not a killer (I'm fuzzy on the role):
Frozen in Ice - vouched for by Seon

Some possible role discussion in private:
Zack
link16

No roleclaim, no proof of Innocence:
landlubber

So that's a vote for landlubber. Until he can publicly describe his ability and similar things about his character and how he's used it every night, I am concluding landlubber is one of the remaining killers.

It's interesting there appear to still be two competing villain factions (Ritual of Death and Invasion, neither have "Been Eliminated" in any writeup, but guess it's not just a serial killer). I am definitely wondering if some of the Shades were non-Innocents who still became Shades- at the least Romanichine was a confessed cult convert and that didn't stop him.

But we don't have time to lynch Shades and I can't believe the beheading killer or something is a Shade, it has to be someone alive. Thus it's gotta be someone we haven't cleared as not a killer, and as far as I know landlubber could have been free to kill every night combined with his lurking in public, and lurker votes trying to attach himself to Innocents or bandwagons. We absolutely have to lynch a killer today; there's no other chance we Sidar can win otherwise I think.

Ravus is the best Innocent for everyone to trust right now so he could have the Cutlass to Ravus if he needs it. I really think he ought to jail someone this evening as well though to make sure we are blocking at least one, if not all the remaining killers after the lynch today.

All right, not hearing anything from anyone yet, and I was roleblocked last night but it's not clear by whom (it was a "woman" though, if anyone recalls a similar experience maybe that would help.) se I think.
Well, since the actress, zack, is the only woman left, I'm gonna say he isn't the killer. The rest have someone who can vouch for them, or we have an idea as to who they are. None of this bodes well for landlubber

It's time for me to reveal. I am the night scanner that follows people home after dark. I was the one who originally watched Earthling enter J-man's house. I used Diamondeye as my voice so that he could check up on it. Seon vouched for me as I had scanned him and then revealed to him.

Two nights ago I followed landlubber home and he didn't leave his house. That doesn't mean he is innocent, but it means he was inactive that night. Last night I followed King Flevance and I saw him enter Seon's house and kill him. No sooner had King Flevance done this then someone else came along and killed him.

I agree that landlubber should publically describe their characters, but we should also look at link16 and Zack.

Okay, I have a confession to make.
I was the one who got Aramazd lynched.
I am the actor. I can use other people's voices by acting as them. My PG is to get someone lynched using my ability.
It's all out in the open now, I hope you can trust me.

At me? I already have...

Zack, you didn't reveal your ability publicly before as far as I know so can't fault anyone else. And when I said I was roleblocked I don't think I said for sure it was you (though I asked in PM) if it wasn't you that would mean it has to be someone else still, which is odd. Anyone else ever gotten a similar roleblock that can't be explained, maybe a Shade?

Though if you are claiming a roleblocker, how have you not roleblocked a lot more people all along? Or just everyone you did is dead? but you could at least give us the history.

I still don't trust landlubber's claim of his ability at all though. For one he's smarter than to have used such an ability to create an absolutely pointless bandwagon to kill another Innocent. And it doesn't excuse lurking and avoiding votes otherwise - this really sounds like an ability made up to prove he has an ability, and anyone could use a secret voice anyway. Did you fake everything with Lightfang to try to get him killed too by the way? (cause if you're being truthful it must be that you had to have done that, which begs the question why you went after Lightfang as well and why you didn't confess to that too.)

But it would be great to hear from everyone today.

edit: Oh, and Frozen, your story does not match Diamondeye's. I'm inclined to trust you anyway, especially thanks to Seon, but it's still always hard to trust such claims when the people who could verify them are dead. I'd like to see if you know what the full story/correction there might be or possibly made an interesting mistake. At any rate couldn't hurt to reveal the full results or in private if you must

You said a woman roleblocked you in the thread. I am the only woman. ;)

I keep forgetting to send in orders to roleblock, I've been busy.

What did Diamondeye even say differently? My version of the story is correct, anything different he said was probably just to get you to talk.

Yet you claimed (in private for what the rest of yall didn't hear here) you didn't roleblock me last night, and only roleblocked one person so far the entire game?

I proposed and still guess it could have been somebody else, like a Shade, and I'm not sure we had evidence on every character's gender either. I note someone else jumped to the conclusion it was you, but if that's not the case we don't know very much at all about what you've been doing then.

edit: Diamondeye said that he had seen me go over to Romanichine's place, the night before we all talked about that publicly. I know he never said he was fronting for you but that's all right if he kept that secret to himself. However I don't see how otherwise anyone would have known I scanned Romanichine just that night before. If you scanned me going to J-Man's, either you then scanned me again, which is possible (and if not who else did you scan that night?) or there is something wrong with someone's story (....?)

Top Bottom