NOTW XXXV: Life's A Bore (Game Thread)

lurker's comment: You can always edit your posts, you know...

Posts including a vote? In most games that I play, editing a post with a vote nullify that vote. Instead of worrying about it, I make a second post. Why do you care Takhisis?

OOC: That's never been the case on CFC though I know you're not the first of a lot of people will have that confusion coming from other sites, but GMs don't usually worry about that, especially if someone doesn't edit a vote itself. It is in fact more frowned upon to make double posts (posting twice in a row) without very good reason, because that is generally against forum rules though games like this obviously see some exceptions.

Takhisis I think must just be watching all his Mars Attacks folks and felt he had to post stuff somewhere :)

Though for a game-related question: I still am not sure what is between you and Ravus here, or what exactly he did? I don't think he could be a likely killer, at the least, and I also don't see what else he has to "answer" - he's said he's Innocent and we know his ability, so maybe you just don't believe he's Innocent, but we can't prove that, and he can't really "answer" for anything more. He didn't roleblock anyone I think is the result from yesterday, or else we would have seen it in the writeup - and I think he's said he couldn't/didn't want to use it every day. Maybe today he should consider that chance but I don't see any problems otherwise.

OOC: Very well, I will try to remember that we can edit our post safely on CFC, however I don't like edited posts for another reason: Oftentimes I've missed the new content of an edited post because I've read it before it was edited. This is especially true with you Earthling, you are the master of edited posts! I can't count the number of times I've realized much later that you've added new stuff to your previous posts.

Some games actually disallow edited post completely, and I like it. What's said is said, you shouldn't be able to remove something if you've made a blunder. Editing a post in any way, adding new content or removing some, is something that should not be allowed. Besides, double posts are not a big deal: the reason why some people don't like them is because people abuse it to raise their post counts, which is clearly not an issue on this forum.

Anyway back to business, I'll try not to double post then, sorry. I didn't want to annoy anybody. :blush:

The case on Frozen in ice is thin, what does it matter that he has a Spear? You're making odd cases Earthling.

Everyone should be worried about giving you the Orb because you are an item scanner. After all, it would make sense that you would have this power if you were looking for an item. The Orb is possibly the most curious item around, and there's no way it should be given to someone who is a known item scanner.

Now, this in itself does not make for any sure things, it does fit with his role as a Ranger

This is correct.

but then again, Frozen is in the category of "where have been and what have you been doing the whole time."

Has any of the kills been done through the use of spears yet?

In particular, we already appeared to have other "high-strength" Innocents and they are now dead - J-man our vigilante or Kennigit, whatever he was, for instance. However, a Mafia simply having a weapon that helps them kill is an obvious, possible, explanation

Kennigit is not dead, he is a shade and we lynched him for having abnormally high strength. In fact, I think we should double lynch him, just to make sure.

So I'm going to propose this: Frozen has to explain exactly why he has and would need to keep the spear. Or else he should reveal and put it up to public vote/ hand it over to a more proven Innocent for self-defense.
He has a spear because he's a ranger, and who's a proven innocent?

If anyone else has any evidence relating to if he could possibly be a killer or something that would also be nice to hear, again talk in public or in private if you must but at least share any evidence you have.

Frozen in Ice and I have been in communication and we each discussed our roles. He is not likely to be wolf.

Anyways, here is my vote for Kennigit.

Yes, I have had a spear since the beginning. The reason I hadn't been killed yet because I didn't go around shouting out "hey I'm high strength, come and kill me!"

Thanks to Romanic I can't vote today but I recommend looking at the others first.

Huh, so.

Frozen has a flimsey case based on him having a spear. Seon makes his first actual long post in defence of frozen vouching for him.

Frozen i believe Roman only stops you from using day abilities not from voting.

Personally, considering the fact that one of the last victims, Lightfang, was killed by beheading, i'd like to know where our Axeman Link is?

Really? You think I killed him because of that? Its never said that any other dead player was beheaded, and the GM doesn't give out free clues in the writeup to help you find the killer.
Edit- upon inspection of the OP, I can see that 2 people have died from beheading, not just one

Really? You think I killed him because of that? Its never said that any other dead player was beheaded, and the GM doesn't give out free clues in the writeup to help you find the killer.
Edit- upon inspection of the OP, I can see that 2 people have died from beheading, not just one

Darn really? I must have this mixed up with another game, i thought the death scenes were meant to be providing some hints. At least you are still here.

Unvote: Link16
Vote: Zack

What do the Actor and Actress do?

Okay so everyone is here... you just don't post untill someone votes you then you post a one liner? That really helps.

Unvote: Zack

I'm going to bed.

That does not necessarily mean you are innocent, you know.

Well sure, you and some others maybe were active a long while ago, but you still haven't done anything for several days though.

And actually as I'm willing to accept Seon vouching for Frozen right now, if there's things to tell in private that you don't want public that's ok, I need to place a new vote.

Again, we have so few votes that this is really frustrating. I don't want to see last minute unsporting vote changes on this one if we can avoid it. But so far:

-Flevance voted for Frozen, dunno if he'll be back to consider a new vote or not
-Zack, landlubber, link didn't actually vote, who knows what havoc they could wreak voting at the last minute
-Seon voting for Kennigit, a Shade, I think that's dubious but whatever
-Ravus backed off of lurkers/abstaining right now
-Roman still has his vote on Ravus for unknown reasons, for a couple days now I don't see why he would be doing this, though...

I'm going to vote Romanichine. At this point, I'd like to know the following: Is Roman the last of this Cult/Order religion or are there more, still being a major villain faction and responsible for some of the kills?

If the Shades are killing Innocents or something I don't think we have enough leads or time to stand a reasonable chance of sorting that out before we lose. Similarly, if some other theory is possible but means we have little hope of beating the wolves, I'd rather try for what is possible for our village to survive.

So if the case is there's one unknown killer left, and then we KNOW Romanichine/this Order cult are still around at least until Roman dies, I think we CAN still win if we get things right. And Roman was even willing to die before but without a better lead this is the smartest thing we can do I think, we do have time to catch a last cultist or two and catch that killer. And if Roman has been lying and his cult/ritual of death are still the major villains it's time we stop letting them go too far and have a chance to defeat them.

I'd still encourage Ravus to jail someone like landlubber if he still can do that, regardless of whatever he protests, people like landlubber aren't explaining their abilities if any so if we can roleblock and prevent a kill that's worth a try.

I suicided on Day 6 but Ravus_Sol suspiciously blocked the lynched. You can lynch me again, that's what I want. In fact I will vote to lynch myself if a good suspect is not brought forward, however you should listen to what I have to say.

First there's Ravus_Sol, a roleblocker who came as a replacement to Ekolite on day 4. Being a roleblocker is nice because you can prove that people are not murderers, thus it's a nice way to create confirmed innocents. Also, if someone is suspicious enough, you can roleblock him to see if a murder will still occur, thus it's a nice way create confirmed suspects.

My problem with Ravus_Sol is that he came in on DAY 4, and used his ability only on DAY 6, and on me, someone who was blatantly suiciding because I thought I could be a danger to the Town. Then he used his ability on Earthling after was asked to, but he failed to use it on Day 8 (again).

Why would a known roleblocker decide not to use his ability when it's a great tool to help us in our investigations? Why would he start using it only on Day 6 to prevent a lynch of someone who could be a danger to his teammates?

Ravus_Sol, I can live with the fact that you did not use your power on Days 4-5, and I can accept that you prevented my lynch because of incomplete information, but not using your ability last night is unacceptable and I can't help but wonder if you are worried to confirm someone as a non-killer. Maybe you can answer why you chose not to roleblock?

Ravus_Sol as a mafia roleblocker makes plenty of sense because he's torn between the possibility of confirming someone as innocent, and actually appear useful. I think his roleblock of my death was an attempt to appear useful.

Moreover, he lied about his ability, saying it was one-time, but then he corrected himself, after it was pointed our that using a powerful one-time ability on me was suspicious.

That's why I voted for Ravus_Sol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for you, Earthling, you could very well be his partner. Why are you voting for me, now, when you've been trusting me openly in the game thread since I have revealed my knowledge?

Let me tell you what I think: You asked Ravus_Sol to roleblock you because one of your mafia partner can kill, and it would make you look innocent. "Roleblock me please, I am not a killer". Yeah right.

You are an item scanner, and with half the player dead, the only non-weapon item we have seen is an Orb. That's interesting really, and I've stated earlier that this fact should be enough to make sure you don't get the Orb. I think you or your partners are looking for it, hence the ability.

Why else would you have this ability if all we seemingly have are weapons and a suspicious Orb?

So I stated this fact in the game thread, vote the Orb to myself, after you did vote the Orb to yourself, and POW! suddenly I'm not trustworthy and you think I should be lynched.

Yeah right, Eartlhing.

Lynch me if you will townies, but please vote, and should you choose to lynch me, you should at least make sure that the Orb is not given to Earthling, for the reasons I stated above.

Ravus_Sol vote: Earthling

I'm curious to see which color you will turn. :)

Top Bottom