1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

NutraNESIV.6: The Dread Kings of Ekra

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by nutranurse, Feb 13, 2012.

1. nutranurse

nutranurse Unlikeliest of Slash Fics

You are right on both accounts (I had intended to give the castle to Ealovir, but I guess I just didn't!)

2. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

Why you lie to me :(

3. hbar

hbar Constant

Actually, nutranurse, could I move my city to the peninsula north of where I currently am? I didn't quite realize how lonely the south side was :)

4. erez87

erez87 Persona non grata

I have a small city, a normal city and a small castle? May I have some big Castle?

5. nutranurse

@habar: Lonely is not always bad! The boon of your current city's placement is that it is right beneath a castle, tucked away beneath hills and forests. However the city north on the peninsula would better suit naval affairs, yes. Are you absolutely sure?

@erez: Your large city is one of the largest in Ekra. It is, in fact, the most major city in the Heartlands.

6. erez87

erez87 Persona non grata

Oh. Cool than.

Aren't our territories kind of big for starting locations?

7. nutranurse

Nah, considering you guys are taking on the roles of fairly established clans that have at least 1,000 (5 or so generations, but still a lot) years of history.

Though I can see why you would be a bit fretful about the distribution of cities and the placement of NPC's. I'll give you Kaanak's eastern most city (the small city). Better it be in the hands of a player than NPC.

8. hbar

hbar Constant

Yeah, I definitely thought of that. The problem I have is that there are no player-owned coastal cities on the entire southern coast, and pillaging NPCs isn't nearly as fun :lol:.

OTOH, I can always conquer befriend other coastal cities. I'll stay put and see how the thing plays out.

9. erez87

erez87 Persona non grata

I hope that won't make me overpowered. My aim isn't too much conquest to begin with (maybe that southern Bay area for naval reasons). Master diplomats we will be :)

10. nutranurse

Nah, it will not make you overpowered. If anything it puts you on better grounds to be diplomatic because you would have enough manpower to keep potential attackers in check while at the same time derive so much of your income from trade that you also would be in check.

11. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Chieftain

nutranurse, could you PM me the nature of my starting location, pertaining to resources, weather, etc., so I can get ready to write some stories up?

12. nutranurse

That stuff with come tomorrow, as I am still finalizing lore (I decided the lore I had first put up made 0 sense so I am in the process of rebuilding it, it is more or less the same, just less vague).

13. erez87

erez87 Persona non grata

Ganes city, one of the largest in the empire is under my direct control. Trade flows constantly through the great road and cities of my clan. Fear, sadly, cannot be bought so easily. Our forces are strong and our hands are tied towards growth. We must grow.

Clan Tortan is quickly growing in power, and now the great king is but a mere baby. Perhaps the Tortan can claim more power with a weakened king. Yet we depend on order and a strong society to exist. Without the kings Tortan would not be. It is a day like no other. The Argoosh dynasty, the center of the world, is now ready to expand. By fear and by armed forces.

Yet expansion is not a big requirement. Only a port is needed for extra trade and movement. Lands are not needed directly under the Tortan clan, but vassals are needed for control further away. Diplomacy is neede. Allies are needed. Tortan will be great.

14. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Northen Wolf
    Clan Amathon, the Smithing Elves of [Bariel Dynasty]
    Lord's Name & Age: Daechir (no idea how long do elves live?)
    Name & Location of Starting City/Castle: Tree of Hills
    Spoiler :

Clan Traits: Cunning, Meticulous

15. theDright

theDright Chieftain

Double post

16. theDright

theDright Chieftain

Nutra, I don't think you added me to the cities-taken map, so the southern bay area is getting a little crowded. Could I change my details and move elsewhere on the continent?

17. nutranurse

Yeah, sure.

Applications are closed now. Expect the update sometime this weekend.

18. theDright

theDright Chieftain

theDright
    Minamonno-Mardak
    Larenésas Minamonno (115, Elf)
    Aedanithren, large castle, northeastern endpoint on Bragga's Path
    Cunning, Decisive

19. nutranurse

Cool! Good to have a mardak player.

20. nutranurse

There's the finalized starting position of the clans and the names of their capitals. I am allowing players to name the cities/castles they control if they want to. If you choose to name them please submit the names of these places alongside your orders for Update 1 after I get Update 0 out.