NutraNESIV.6: The Dread Kings of Ekra

PM me a reminder, if you will.

To All Fearful Lords of the High Kingdom

We are not pleased.

What has caused you low lords to fall so much lower that insanity grips your every actions?

Lord Vudush of the Treacherous Prushnak:

We have shown your mongrel clan much favor in the past, but no more. We will admit, it is a testament to your fearlessness that you would think to usurp Our throne, but in fearlessness lies godlessness, and in godlessness there is only ruin most slow and painful. We demand you recant any and all claims or alliances forged with other clans over your plot to undo the high throne that has ruled Ekra for over 2,000 years. Furthermore We demand you pay penance:

• Your firstborn male heir shall be brought to the dread-city Urst upon the week of his birth. He will be sacrificed to the Many to atone for your godless display of fearlessness.
  • You will immediately present Us with a pittance of 40¤

If you do not comply then your clan will be stripped of all their holdings, declared renegade, and will know true fear.

Lord Acturus of Scalesian:

The words you fit to your intentions do not become you. Though it may be that you sought to display your loyalty to Us with your brazen call to arms against the Prushnak it is not your place to call the realm to action. Like the Prushnak, you are consumed by your over-bold nerves and must be reminded of fear.

• You will immediately present Us with a pittance of 10¤

Discussion of roads may commence after you have sworn yourself to despair and reverence to Our might.

To Lord Zentosh of Tortan:

You are not to in any way, shape, or form interfere with the status of the Nallviel and their cursed lady. Their current state is the result of a centuries long cultivation of fear and it is against the High King's Law to tamper with their punishment.

• Your clan has been censured. Any acts of aggression shall be seen as attempts on Our life.

On the issue of the Erort Succession

All lords are to remove their interests from this matter. Upon the death of Lord Carrandar his realm shall be divided between his children.

Let all lords tremble in Our wake
~High King Gogzur-Garion
~Vice-Lord Regent Hirion

From Lady Oshu of Clan Palinar

To: Clan Nallviel, Clan Haeeae

Such a pity, seems Palingal Bay (OOC: I'm naming the bay, it isn't official, just hubris) is teeming with pirates. I'd hate to see your trade disrupted. I'd be glad to offer my navy's protection for a mere 5¤ per decade. All things considered, it's much cheaper than the alternatives.

OOC: *sigh* I wish I could get in on this fun diplo mess, though I'm sure Seon will give me more than my fair share quite soon.

From Lord Calagalad of Clan Haeeae

To: Clan Palinar

You are as shy as a whore, Oshu, so do not fool yourself into being coy now. If it is war you want then it is war you shall receive.
--------------------------------------------------------------

To: Clan Palinar

As much as it grieves me to do so, trade is what my peoples depend upon. We will pay this... protection fee, but not willingly.
--------------------------------------------------------------

To: Clan Tortan

We have read the High King's missives and we find that he is out-of-touch with the day-to-day affairs of the High Kingdom. Our agreement still stands; our ports will remain open and we recognize you as our allies.

ooc:
@ALL PLAYERS: hbar is using a diplomacy form that I really like and am mandating be the official format for diplomacy conducted in this NES. It not only presents things in a clear, orderly fashion, it leaves little room for wondering just who the message is going to.

I will post this on the front page, but for future diplomacy please use this format

To: Recipient Clans

Pooptext

edit: @merciary: You have particularly good ships and considering that each turn spans 10 years you probably could aid some far-off place. Do not consider yourself isolated!
Then again, isolation may be the best thing to allow for survival. :p

I am just plotting right now.

REALLY WOULD BE NICE to have some stats to help me do so :p

(OOC:Question. Should I include the pittance in my official orders or just take it for granted that I pay? Or should I respond here or something I don't know. Anyways thinking on my orders I might have something by Friday or some point during the weekend.

OOC: Include them in your orders! They would fall under the "Foreign Affairs" spending as it relates to foreign diplomacy

Eastern reaches done. I'll do the last 5 clans tomorrow, I need to type up two more pages for a 10-page paper I have due tomorrow.

Ooc: What does being "censured" means? What is the Nallviel punishment?
I will edit my orders soon.

LORD ZENTOSH TORTAN DIPLOMACY

to Vice-lord Regent Hirion:
Their current status? You mean as a free state? Their punishment is to be free? That sounds terribly strange. My aim is to expand the influence of the high-king in Ekra, even to those lands that do not show him the right amount of respect. Under my influence Nallviel will become friends of the throne through me.

What would act of aggression mean? Would a war on people who do not follow the high king be an aggression? I have no plan to war with those who are friends of the high king, only with those who are treacherous and rebellious.

Other than that, even while I am censured, I would like to say I find the high-king's decision of Erort's Succession is wonderful.

to Lady Silia of Nallviel:
The agreement still sends. I have already sent resources to your city for building up the ports. I will accompany my forces that bring the resources personally as we arrive at your gates.

What is this I hear about pirates? If it is needed, as soon as your city is part of my clan and new ships are built with Tortan and Nallviel flag, I will be able to use my vast manpower to create a fleet worthy of fighting pirates.

You question Our will?

Do not play the fool and equivocate over the meaning of aggression.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Part of your clan? Indoron will not be a part of your clan, Lord Zentosh, simply an allied city. If I recall the High King's foolish words correctly you have been censured and are being watched for 'aggressive' actions, which very likely include marching an army to my city or raising a navy to make war—even if it was the vile Palinar that started it. Besides, what do your warriors know of the sea and how to fight upon it? Lady Oshu and her savages are renowned for their prowess at sea. If you seek to help us then I would humbly request you continue to subsidize the development of Indoron into a commercial power.

OOC:
Censured means you have been rebuked for your actions and are being watched for any further 'mistakes' by the High King/regent.

Lord Zentosh of Clan Tortan

to Lady Silia of Nallviel
Oh. I guess I wasn't understood before. Your city is to become part of the Tortan clan, directly, with you ruling the city in autonomy. Otherwise it will become part of the Tortan clan without you ruling it in autonomy. I thought I was clear in that... I guess not clear enough.

And please. I am well aware of the situation with the high-king. Do not attempt to use that for your defense, it is useless for you. Even if the high-king will remove me from power and kill me, you will still be the first to go. Do not tempt me. You know who will win in a war between us, and how quickly it will end. I'm merely offering you a deal where you are to become a part of Tortan without losing your life and much of your power. I guess you are not interested.

I was never interested in an alliance with such a weak clan. Only their strategic location and resources. Funny you would think otherwise.

to Vice-lord Regent Hirion:
Question the high-king? How could anyone even dare. His power knows no boundaries. All of Ekra is his first and the lord's, like myself, only second. I did not try to equivocate over the meaning of aggression only to test how limiting it would be, as you know, in Ekra wars are but a thing of daily lives, and the end of any aggression would be an unholy thing to achieve - for fear and war must be gained in the name of the many.

to Malmirrin Vice-Lords:
I am truly sorry, but with the regent watching over me I cannot commence the marriage between our sides and help you regain your lands. I am hopeful the future will hold better news for both of us.

ooc: Isn't it against our religion to be peaceful?
I guess I'll have to redo my entire orders. To think I chose a clan that should get is easier in diplomacy. I got a terrible punishment...

While it rankles our hearts to hear this, know that we still regard you with fondness.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc: It is not against the religion to be peaceful! It is actually seen as a bit old-fashioned to generate fear through war. Many of the more 'cultured' lords cultivate fear through terrifying artwork, or cruel rituals, or just putting on really angry faces. Fear can quite easily be expressed through art & diplomacy.

As for choosing a clan with easier diplomacy... You are getting that. The Nallviel have submitted to your despite the fact that all she really needs to do is spark a war against you and get the High King on her side; the Malmirrin were very, very, very eager to join forces with you against the Haeeae, and your 'terrible punishment' from the High King/Regent was him telling you to knock it off with all the warmongering when he could have demanded similar things from you as he did from the Prushnak. Diplomatic =/= getting everything you want!

While it rankles our hearts to hear this, know that we still regard you with fondness.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc: It is not against the religion to be peaceful! It is actually seen as a bit old-fashioned to generate fear through war. Many of the more 'cultured' lords cultivate fear through terrifying artwork, or cruel rituals, or just putting on really angry faces. Fear can quite easily be expressed through art & diplomacy.

As for choosing a clan with easier diplomacy... You are getting that. The Nallviel have submitted to your despite the fact that all she really needs to do is spark a war against you and get the High King on her side; the Malmirrin were very, very, very eager to join forces with you against the Haeeae, and your 'terrible punishment' from the High King/Regent was him telling you to knock it off with all the warmongering when he could have demanded similar things from you as he did from the Prushnak. Diplomatic =/= getting everything you want!

I know I know :p
Though I never wanted an alliance with Nallviel, I thought I was clear about that. Just didn't know the whole ordeal with the high king in their description was all that important. I need some history lessons here :p

As for the Malmirrin, of course they were, they are weak and in the shadows...

I personally wanted to gain fear by annexing other clans peacefully, just out of fear.

I see it about the fear stuff. I'll do my best. I still want a port thought ;) apparently that will have to wait until that stupid regent get lost from my way.

All stats are out. Major Factions are up next. I have decided to make Clan Guagziir a Major Faction because I have some special stuff planned for them and they operate a bit differently (being, essentially, a collection of slavers).

Orders for Update 1 are Due Thursday Morning. Extant time is in the first post.

edit: Major Factions up. There are only 3 at the time, but more will emerge! Lore bits are forthcoming.

The Art of Fear, Introduction - Lord Horthir I, founder of Clan Aeralithe
Fear is our ally. Fear is our strength. How else does one plan to dominate, to claim control without using fear? How best, then, to claim fear? Too many only look towards barbarianism, with hordes of wildmen charging through the forest. But fear is an art, a subtle skill, and we find sophisticated fear to be far more efficient. We have no need of berserk warriors, for when the enemy sees a cold line of infantry, moving as one, they loose all hope. We have no need for bloody rituals, for our art, depicting the Gods/Goddess in all their/her splendor, serves them far better. Is is this art of fear that the western King has mastered, and if we are to survive and thrive, what we must master as well.

@Nutranurse:
Which religion is more popular in my clan? And how hard is it to cross the mountains to my east?

OOC: Among the Tathsume the Cult of Many holds sway, but they are hardly the devout zealots you can find elsewhere in Ekra.

As for crossing the Furthest Range, it would be incredibly difficult and no one in living memory has ever done it/even attempted to. Expect many casualties and a few surprises.

Did I understood correctly that elves are followers of the godess/one ?

No, Elves are mostly followers of the Many. Most Ekrans belong to the Cult of Many, while among Orelfs the worship of the Goddess is more common.

Top Bottom